Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
It's easier than downloading/uploading...just click the Windows Start button and start typing "Snipping Tool" and it should appear under Best Match.

View attachment 141207

Set the Mode to "Rectangular Snip" then click New - the Snipping Tool vanishes and your cursor turns into a cross. Just drag a box around the area of the screen you want to snip. As soon as it appears in the Snipping Tool window, it's on the clipboard and can be pasted into an HF post, document, email, etc.

upload_2018-9-21_13-20-13.png

WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!?!? Where has this snippin thing been all my life!? :D

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It's easier than downloading/uploading...just click the Windows Start button and start typing "Snipping Tool" and it should appear under Best Match.

View attachment 141207

Set the Mode to "Rectangular Snip" then click New - the Snipping Tool vanishes and your cursor turns into a cross. Just drag a box around the area of the screen you want to snip. As soon as it appears in the Snipping Tool window, it's on the clipboard and can be pasted into an HF post, document, email, etc.
Genius! Thanks.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Also FYI...
ALT + Print Screen only screenshots the active window instead of the entire desktop/multiple monitors.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
Is signing hometown boy Mark Stone next offseason a possibility? Would prob cost 8.5 x 7. Would prob have to trade someone to make cap space for him.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Lee fricking Stempniak is on fire!

hey.. should we sign Stempniak? Cheap depth!

YES!! I have been saying all summer that the Jets need to consider their options when it comes to Stempniak and sign him. I predicted earlier in the summer that Stemp still has a lot to give and can be solid contributor for the club, he is proving me right by having a great preseason.

The way I see it there one open roster spot for a forward on the Jets. Assuming the Jets intend to carry 7D on their roster during the season, I have Dano and Petan penciled in on the main roster, after accounting for all the players that are basically locks at this point, that leaves 1 roster spot open for a pressbox forward. Who better to take that spot than Stempniak himself?

Based on the preseason I think Vesalainen needs another year in the minors and Appleton is far from ready, Griffith has shown well but what are we going to do if multiple forwards go down? In that situation I would like to have a steady veteran NHL proven commodity like Stempniak than taking a chance with guys like Everberg and McGinn.

The Jets can basically sign him for league minimum and if need be even bury his salary in the AHL. Personally I really hope they take a good look at him, with so many younger players on the team, the club could really use his leadership and experience. I see him playing a role on a team as a guy who can kill penalties and go up and down the lineup in case of injuries.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
YES!! I have been saying all summer that the Jets need to consider their options when it comes to Stempniak and sign him. I predicted earlier in the summer that Stemp still has a lot to give and can be solid contributor for the club, he is proving me right by having a great preseason.

The way I see it there one open roster spot for a forward on the Jets. Assuming the Jets intend to carry 7D on their roster during the season, I have Dano and Petan penciled in on the main roster, after accounting for all the players that are basically locks at this point, that leaves 1 roster spot open for a pressbox forward. Who better to take that spot than Stempniak himself?

Based on the preseason I think Vesalainen needs another year in the minors and Appleton is far from ready, Griffith has shown well but what are we going to do if multiple forwards go down? In that situation I would like to have a steady veteran NHL proven commodity like Stempniak than taking a chance with guys like Everberg and McGinn.

The Jets can basically sign him for league minimum and if need be even bury his salary in the AHL. Personally I really hope they take a good look at him, with so many younger players on the team, the club could really use his leadership and experience. I see him playing a role on a team as a guy who can kill penalties and go up and down the lineup in case of injuries.

I really think the time for this has passed. But I would much rather have Stemp this year than have had Hendricks last year.

Reactions: Hobby Bull

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
What’s latest on Nylander situation ? Expecting Ehlers money or more? Assuming they are rated similarly.

I'd love it if the Jets could sign Nylander - I like his game. If I was Chevy, I'd try to trade Trouba for him. I think we have enough on right side defense to win without Trouba, We'll lose Trouba anyways, so let's get someone for him. If Nylander wants $ 8 mil, we'd really be in the same boat, as we are with Trouba though. We'd have one hell of a scoring machine with Nylander in the lineup.

So far Trouba has looked "not good" in preseason, and has looked dis-interested. The thing with Trouba, is we don't believe he really wants to be here, and is looking to stretch to "free agency"-and sign for big $$-so let's get someone for him, before it's to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->