Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
And NHL teams are never guilty of bad asset management. :sarcasm:

I hope you are right but we can't count on that. Trouba should have been traded some time ago but is still with us.

The Jets need to win now trading one of their top pair D men doesn't help that.

Reactions: ocdaddy

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jets need to hold onto Matty P as long as possible.

Time to unload Perrault's $ 4.3 mil cap hit. He's injured for 20 games every season, and also had poor production last year. He was also disappointment last year in the playoffs. He is a hard working 2 way forward, but we have better in some young guys.

I can't see Chevy keeping him around with the Cap pressures coming up. MP "is not' one on the Jet's core players, and is very expendable. I think he'll be gone after this upcoming season, or sooner.

Note--Tanev was far more impressive in the playoffs than MP -- not even close.

Reactions: probablywrongbut

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
No reason to move Perreault until his contract actually holds us back and right now that isn’t the case.

I'd be very tempted to fill his spot with Lemieux or Petan, and save the $ 4 mil. It's coming, although they might go with him for 1 more year ? Don't be surprised to see him traded this season though. Lot's of cheaper and better guys to replace him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I'd be very tempted to fill his spot with Lemieux or Petan, and save the $ 4 mil. It's coming, although they might go with him for 1 more year ? Don't be surprised to see him traded this season though. Lot's of cheaper and better guys to replace him.

Cheaper yes, but better? Depends on whether or not that 48 game goalless streak was predictive or not.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

No sense is moving out depth just yet. Keep him and he is outperformed or gets injured someone is ready and waiting. He’s as good as gone after this year and should get a decent return.

Reactions: GNP

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
People have mentioned that we'd be hard pressed to get a similar calibre D back for Trouba but the opportunity might be presenting itself with Theodore negotiations not going well. Trouba for Theodore+? Straight up is probably fair value but they're kind of over a barrel with Schmidt being suspended for the first 20 games of the season.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
People have mentioned that we'd be hard pressed to get a similar calibre D back for Trouba but the opportunity might be presenting itself with Theodore negotiations not going well. Trouba for Theodore+? Straight up is probably fair value but they're kind of over a barrel with Schmidt being suspended for the first 20 games of the season.
Myers for Schmidt! Buy low! Also solves the left side defenseman shortage...

Reactions: mondo3

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
As I mentioned in another thread, despite his low goal totals and despite his games missed, every single person who has built a model to isolate a player’s impact on the team values Perreault very differently than some of the people here...

Now that doesn’t mean keep or don’t keep. You need to add other variables to varying degrees, such as: age curves, contracts, cap, financials, fit in room, potential return, etc.

Perreault still provides more value last season than the Jets paid for.

I mean... he mad Hendricks almost look like a NHL player!!! Matt ****ing Hendricks!!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
As I mentioned in another thread, despite his low goal totals and despite his games missed, every single person who has built a model to isolate a player’s impact on the team values Perreault very differently than some of the people here...

Now that doesn’t mean keep or don’t keep. You need to add other variables to varying degrees, such as: age curves, contracts, cap, financials, fit in room, potential return, etc.

I mean... he mad Hendricks almost look like a NHL player!!! Matt ****ing Hendricks!!
How do you figure out what 4mil of a player is? How much value does Perrault bring 5mil 5.2?

Whileee

May 29, 2010

You sure it wasn't Armia that made Hendricks look so good?

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We can hang on to Matty for this year then he has to be moved I think. But hes a hell of a talented grinder to have in the bottom six.
Hopefully we use up all Matty P has to offer. That way when he has to go we can let him without regrets and thank him for his services for all them years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad