Not open for further replies.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Things I'd be willing to give up for a top 4 D with term:
1st(top 10 protected)
vesalainen
niku
samberg(if we feel like he's unlikely to sign)

Do you think Vesalainen or Niku have much value? At this point neither look like NHLers, real or potential. I don't think you'd get much for them aside for other teams versions of them, guys that are stalling out as 20-21-22-23 year olds.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Niku is so amazing that over the last 2 seasons there are only 9 defenseman that have played a minimum 40 games that have a worse Corsi than Niku.

Niku is in the top 10 worst defenseman based on HfJets favorite stat.
I’m curious if he holds value to any other teams. Maybe someone will value him enough to get a decent return?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Do you think Vesalainen or Niku have much value? At this point neither look like NHLers, real or potential. I don't think you'd get much for them aside for other teams versions of them, guys that are stalling out as 20-21-22-23 year olds.
obviously not 1 for 1 but a package of some sort

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
2) Ehlers doesn't get traded. How is he the scapegoat over the REST OF THE TOP 6? "Uh huh huh Harkins has already proven more in 24 games than Ehlers has in his entire NHL career." You dumb Twitter f*cks, get over yourselves.
just wait till the big show on 1290 tmrw morning when ehlers gets shit on

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
What do you package? Our future firsts? We're quickly running out of assets to deal and really anything we have with value will bite us in the ass sooner than later.
really don't see how trading ves niku or a top 10 protected 1st for a top4 d with term would bite us in the ass, we have most of our young core locked up long term

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Dougie Hamilton costed the 15th OA and two mid-2nds in 2015.

if there's a deal of a player of that ilk with that price tag, i can get behind that.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Dougie Hamilton costed the 15th OA and two mid-2nds in 2015.

if there's a deal of a player of that ilk with that price tag, i can get behind that.

We need to get in on those summer deals. I don't even know if we'd get that value now, there's not enough teams completely out of it.

Rumours out of Vancouver have Stecher available as a piece to help the Canucks make another bigger move, I'd be on that. He's RFA after the season. Maybe could use someone with some team control (Niku, Ves) to make that happen combined with a low pick, like 5th round.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I'll be happy so long as:

- Chevy doesn't trade any prospects, 1st, or a 2nd;
- If any of the above do go out for a player, then it has to be a "good" player with term;

Anything else will probably be met with scorn from me (but I will allow for exceptions depending on the deal).

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Niku is so amazing that over the last 2 seasons there are only 9 defenseman that have played a minimum 40 games that have a worse Corsi than Niku.

Niku is in the top 10 worst defenseman based on HfJets favorite stat.

Well it's a pretty small sample for corsi, and we've been a horrible team over that time. But the bigger issue is the next three worst in Corsi on our D corps over the past three years are Beaulieu, Sbisa and Bitetto. Who stands a chance of developing into a better player?

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
There was absolutely no evidence that Chevy had any interest in Bogo. Just a false narrative from the media and some fans that invent straw men and then evaluate Chevy according to that fiction.
While I’m as skeptical of the media as anyone, I don’t think it’s fair to say there was no evidence. How else does one get information about who a team may or may not be targeting?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
While I’m as skeptical of the media as anyone, I don’t think it’s fair to say there was no evidence. How else does one get information about who a team may or may not be targeting?
Show us the evidence. Idle speculation from media folks does not constitute evidence, in my view. There is absolutely no way that Chevy will disclose who he might be targeting to sign. That's evident, by now.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Show us the evidence. Idle speculation from media folks does not constitute evidence, in my view. There is absolutely no way that Chevy will disclose who he might be targeting to sign. That's evident, by now.
I don’t have evidence. Outside of media speculation what evidence do we ever actually have of who the team is targeting before it actually happens? Do you believe the reports that the Jets were heavy into Karl Alzner before he signed in Montreal? Or that it was Chevy’s preference to sign Ladd to an extension and that was only foiled due to Ladd rejecting that offer? I have no proof of any of this, of course but for one reason or another it’s generally considered accurate information.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I don’t have evidence. Outside of media speculation what evidence do we ever actually have of who the team is targeting before it actually happens? Do you believe the reports that the Jets were heavy into Karl Alzner before he signed in Montreal? Or that it was Chevy’s preference to sign Ladd to an extension and that was only foiled due to Ladd rejecting that offer? I have no proof of any of this, of course but for one reason or another it’s generally considered accurate information.

If you believe Chevy is an idiot, you'll be more likely to believe speculation about decisions that will make him seem like an idiot, and thus further your belief that he's an idiot. Then down the road, these examples are used as proof as to why he's an idiot, when there was nothing other than idle chatter that he was going to do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad