Rumour, Trade and Free Agent Discussion - Tradecentre Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They probably don't make that move if they didn't have all those injuries but they still have a good pool of prospects left over

There is a point where you are either a contender or not

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'm really soft on my feeling about whether the Jets should be active. We do need a top 4 D to bridge our prospect gap but I wouldn't be shopping for C help

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Thinking the Jets should wait for the offseason, unless it really looks like the coveted "guy with term" has to be moved right now.

Reactions: Guardian17

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I'll be disappointed if we do any more other than possibly offloading a UFA (or maybe Perreault) but I don't really see us having attractive pieces in that bucket frankly.; hopefully we don't repeat last year's mistake.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
They probably don't make that move if they didn't have all those injuries but they still have a good pool of prospects left over

There is a point where you are either a contender or not

Everybody's job is on the line in Vancouver. They need to make the playoffs. Jets, Flames, Oilers, Yotes are all dealing with significant injuries. When it comes to depth the Jets are still in good shape. Be interested to see who sells. Who is buying. Montreal could be a fire sale. Ottawa too.

stimpsoncat

Jan 5, 2014
Only deals I would like to see would be a top 4 rhd or a second line C with term. If prices are too high then wait until offseason. No rentals this year please.

Reactions: MelikeJets

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
No one knows what kind of negotiations management are having with Dylan Samberg's agent, but would you consider trading him for Travis Sanheim for instance, if you thought he wasn't going to sign here? Cost controlled possible top 4 d-man? Could play his offside, with Morrissey. Would free up some cap space for Philly to get a top 9 forward. With Provorov, Niskanen, Ghost and Myers the Flyers have a decent top 4 defense already in place.

Last edited:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
tenor.gif

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
DeMelo now strengthens the RHD position.

With him on the Jets which one is the bigger need: C or D?

Would you guys be willing to give up prospects+picks for both (go all in sort of)? Or would it be stupid?

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
DeMelo now strengthens the RHD position.

With him on the Jets which one is the bigger need: C or D?

Would you guys be willing to give up prospects+picks for both (go all in sort of)? Or would it be stupid?

Going all in this season doesn't make much sense. A 2C or top 4D with term would be nice, and something worth spending a 1st round on.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Going all in this season doesn't make much sense. A 2C or top 4D with term would be nice, and something worth spending a 1st round on.
That's pretty much what I meant with going all-in. Both of those are going to cost high-end prospects or 1st rounders.

Wouldn't 3C and top 4D be enough?

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed but remember that oughtta drive up the value of our pieces going the other way as well. It's like trading chocolates for roses the day before valentines day
Oh yes, I'm fine with selling. I'm just not sure that's the way management is leaning (it's not the sense I'm getting)...or whether we have anything anyone wants to buy.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
That's pretty much what I meant with going all-in. Both of those are going to cost high-end prospects or 1st rounders.

Well, I think there's some concern about Bryan Little being a 2C. We might want someone who's a better 2C to push him to 3C next season.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

I don't actually think we need any Cs honestly. Wheeler has looked good at C, so have Copp and Roslvic. (I really like the look of Harkins, Roslovic, Appleton) When Lowry gets healthy there's another one.

Once we get healthy in a couple weeks:

Copp Scheif Laine
Connor Wheeler Ehlers
Harkins Roslovic Appleton
Perreault Lowry Bourque/Chibasov/Whoever

JMO Pionk
Kulikov DeMelo
Beaulieu Poolman
Niku

Sbisa/Biteto/Dahlstrom

With adding DeMelo as a top 4 RHD I'd say the Jets are done. I know the talking heads were speculating about a C because we've added one the last 2 trade deadlines and Little shut it down for the year but we've had internal options step up.

I'd roll with this and see if we can surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->