McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Yeah-THATD-BE-1rlu82.jpg

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I guess you never watched him play? If you did it wouldn’t be hard to understand why people didn’t like him.

Haven't really, just seen off ice stuff and the fact hes in pain and still played seems appealing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Overrated. Carried by the Sedins on PP in his career year. Bergeron outshone him in the finals that season.
You mean world class shutdown center bergeron outshined kesler?

Bergeron should, he is superstar caliber player. I dont get how kesler is over rated.... he was never considered a top player. Just a very good player that was hard to play against.

Reactions: SensontheRush

member 290103

Overrated. Carried by the Sedins on PP in his career year. Bergeron outshone him in the finals that season.

I detest the player personally based on how he carried himself demanding a trade and then whining when he was not welcomed back to Vancouver when playing with Anaheim..........but there is no way in hell he was overrated. He was an incredible player in his price and was never carried by the Sedins. He drove his own line and carried the team on his back in series all on his own. The Sedins never carried the team in any playoff series.

Kesler was an incredibly tough player - I have never seen a player take the physical beating he did (don't get me wrong, he brought it all on himself).

Bergeron outshined him because hew as so beat up (also Bergeron is basically the gold standard - he outshines everyone).

Reactions: Getz2perry

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
You mean world class shutdown center bergeron outshined kesler?

Bergeron should, he is superstar caliber player. I dont get how kesler is over rated.... he was never considered a top player. Just a very good player that was hard to play against.
In 2011 everyone and their mother had Kesler ahead of Bergeron.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I detest the player personally based on how he carried himself demanding a trade and then whining when he was not welcomed back to Vancouver when playing with Anaheim..........but there is no way in hell he was overrated. He was an incredible player in his price and was never carried by the Sedins. He drove his own line and carried the team on his back in series all on his own. The Sedins never carried the team in any playoff series.

Kesler was an incredibly tough player - I have never seen a player take the physical beating he did (don't get me wrong, he brought it all on himself).

Bergeron outshined him because hew as so beat up (also Bergeron is basically the gold standard - he outshines everyone).
In 2011 he was definitely overrated. The majority of his goals that season were with the Sedins on the PP. They inflated his offensive production and basically won him a Selke trophy.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In 2011 everyone and their mother had Kesler ahead of Bergeron.
In 2011 kesler was the better player...he had a great season of course people were high on him.

People act like getting to game 7 in cup finals is a bad thing kesler was a beast that whole season and playoffs.

member 290103

In 2011 he was definitely overrated. The majority of his goals that season were with the Sedins on the PP. They inflated his offensive production and basically won him a Selke trophy.

No he really wasn't. I get it that you probably do not like him - I don't either - but at his peak he was right there as the best defensive forwards in the NHL. I'd be saying this about him if he scored 30 in 2011, rather than 41.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
In 2011 kesler was the better player...he had a great season of course people were high on him.

People act like getting to game 7 in cup finals is a bad thing kesler was a beast that whole season and playoffs.
He was only good in the Nashville series.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No he really wasn't. I get it that you probably do not like him - I don't either - but at his peak he was right there as the best defensive forwards in the NHL. I'd be saying this about him if he scored 30 in 2011, rather than 41.
He didn't face the toughest competition (Sedins took heavy matchups) and was an elite PP player. He didn't deserve the Selke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad