Rumour: Ryan Kesler might be Retiring

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Lol keep the personal shots coming.

Yes, Sedins had the opponents top players to play against. Then it was Malhotra in a pure shutdown role. Kesler had a lot of freedom to score out there. Over 40% of his point production was with the best powerplay players of this generation (Sedins) carrying him.

Will do! I'm not sure why a rangers fan is so invested in talking shit about a player who is from a different conference of which there is no rivalry between the Ducks and Rangers. You should be celebrating your team's luck in the lottery instead.

Kesler had more freedom in 2011 than he did before that year but he was saddled with sub tier players that he had to anchor on his line. He didn't play with true top 6 forwards. Funny how you conveniently ignore the amount of time he was asked to play the pure shutdown role for many seasons. Also, Malhotra left with an eye injury, so Kesler carried the bulk of the second half of the season and play offs in 2011 as a shut down C relied to provide offense and shut down top forwards playing with dynamic allstars Raymond and Higgins.

As for the carried by sedins nonsense you keep spouting off with , that was already debunked in my previous response to you.
Here:

Kesler helped the Sedins as much as the Sedins helped him. Sedins acknowdledged this in an interview how they benefitted from Kesler's shot and front net presence. This is a fact for those who took time to watch the Canucks.

Kesler lead the Canucks in PP goal scoring a year before on the second unit with zero time spent with the Sedins. Let that sink in. He had 50 ****ing assists playing with Raymond and Samuelssson with 2nd PP time. Let that sink in harder.

Last edited:

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
So, two Art Ross trophy winners benefited more from Kesler than he did of them? Ya...don't think so.

Reactions: Cassano

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Really solid career, never really want to see a guy have to limp away broken from the game.

If he is retiring hopefully his health takes a drastic turn for the better.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Jesus Christ people he’s a human being. You can hate him for his on ice play (and my god do I), but the guy is literally crippled at this point. Hope he recovers well from surgery and moves on... see, was it that hard?
Honestly.

You can tell who has had to recover from a significant injury in their life.

Reactions: The Noot

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If he gets the surgery he will retire and not get paid. He cannot go on LTIR if he is never expected to reasonably return. Same thing happened to Horton, just that he never got his surgery yet because the Leafs essentially told him if he does he is not getting paid by them.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
If he gets the surgery he will retire and not get paid. He cannot go on LTIR if he is never expected to reasonably return. Same thing happened to Horton, just that he never got his surgery yet because the Leafs essentially told him if he does he is not getting paid by them.
If that is the language in the LTIR designation that is unfair to players.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
If that is the language in the LTIR designation that is unfair to players.

Could be a different case but definitely what happened with Horton. Will be very hard to find the exact article on it though as I cannot anymore.

A lot of the LTIR cases are also not fair to insurance companies sooo I mean it works both ways

Lemmiwinks

Jun 11, 2011
B.C.
Say what you want about Kesler, but he's as passionate about hockey as anyone.

That said, time to save your body for your golden 40s, RK.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Kesler was the most underrated player in the game during 2011. People tend to downplay his abilities because their hatred for him prevents them to be objective about his abilities as a player.

He was the better player than Bergeron at the time. He was the best Canuck forward in game 7 and wouldve been a lot more productive if he was healthy or had Bergeron's level of health. Peak Kesler was a first line player easily.

Kesler helped the Sedins as much as the Sedins helped him. Sedins acknowdledged this in an interview how they benefitted from Kesler's shot and front net presence. This is a fact for those who took time to watch the Canucks.

Kesler lead the Canucks in PP goal scoring a year before on the second unit with zero time spent with the Sedins. Let that sink in. He had 50 ****ing assists playing with Raymond and Samuelssson with 2nd PP time. Let that sink in harder.

alex burrows was the most underrated player in the league in 2011. he was the bona fide best defensive winger on his team and got the fourth most selke votes on his own team, behind three centers. yep, including henrik.

you know this but canucks don't-- kesler probably should have won the selke in 2010. not only did he do all of the heavy defensive lifting, without burrows to help on his wing anymore, as you say he also was the guy who made the 2nd PP unit go, and that year it was better than the #1 unit.

in 2011, they got malhotra to take on the bulk of kesler's defensive duties and he killed them. we really should have had back to back selkes, but with kesler in 2010 and manny in 2011. kesler and burr were the best PK forward combination i've ever seen, though i maintain that burrows was the better penalty killer. kesler also moved up to the 1st unit PP but to dispel the "sedins made kesler's 41 goals" narrative, kesler only scored marginally more in 2011 with the big unit than he did in 2010 on his own unit (15 PP goals vs 12, 30 PP points vs 26).

Reactions: vancityluongo

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
alex burrows was the most underrated player in the league in 2011. he was the bona fide best defensive winger on his team and got the fourth most selke votes on his own team, behind three centers. yep, including henrik.

you know this but canucks don't-- kesler probably should have won the selke in 2010. not only did he do all of the heavy defensive lifting, without burrows to help on his wing anymore, as you say he also was the guy who made the 2nd PP unit go, and that year it was better than the #1 unit.

in 2011, they got malhotra to take on the bulk of kesler's defensive duties and he killed them. we really should have had back to back selkes, but with kesler in 2010 and manny in 2011. kesler and burr were the best PK forward combination i've ever seen, though i maintain that burrows was the better penalty killer. kesler also moved up to the 1st unit PP but to dispel the "sedins made kesler's 41 goals" narrative, kesler only scored marginally more in 2011 with the big unit than he did in 2010 on his own unit (15 PP goals vs 12, 30 PP points vs 26).

This is true.
Burrows was even more underrated/underappreciated. I'd say he was on par with Kesler defensively, but sadly wingers don't get as much acknowledgement as centers do in general. Malhotra should've won in 2011m while Kesler should've won in 2010. With a healthy Malhotra, we would see more production from Kesler in the playoffs, and a greater chance of winning the cup. f***ing avalanche's cody mcleod ruined what could've been.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
lol thanks!! the truth stings at times, I get it...
It stings me in no way that you called Ryan Kesler a joke or an ass.

Do I wish he was still effective. Yes obviously, but it is hilarious to see how angry everyone in here is.

Walkingthroughforest

I got the worst ******* attorneys
Aug 19, 2007
Kesler was the most underrated player in the game during 2011. People tend to downplay his abilities because their hatred for him prevents them to be objective about his abilities as a player.

He was the better player than Bergeron at the time. He was the best Canuck forward in game 7 and wouldve been a lot more productive if he was healthy or had Bergeron's level of health. Peak Kesler was a first line player easily.

He showed up for ONE shift in game 7. :laugh:

Reactions: Cassano

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Reminder: there's a differencing between disliking a player and wishing injury on him. Be careful with how you respond because the latter warrants an infraction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->