Rumor: Rumour and Proposals Thread: Is Kenny "Chiasson" a LWer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I’d also add that DeBrusk receives insane offensive zone starts. 70%, 65% and 60% the last three years. Guy struggles to break 45 points despite being given gravy offensive opportunities.

He also gets to play with some of the best two-way players in one of the best team systems in the league.

There’s a reason he’s available.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He's definitely more of a complementary player, but he's also been pretty good for them in the playoffs. I think he'd fit well with McDavid.
He also gets to play with some of the best two-way players in one of the best team systems in the league.

There’s a reason he’s available I think.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He's definitely more of a complementary player, but he's also been pretty good for them in the playoffs. I think he'd fit well with McDavid.

He just had 4 points in 13 games in the playoffs for Boston. Like Cloned said, there's a reason he's available.

I'd certainly inquire, but if they wanted Klefbom/Nurse it would be a big fat no.

Reactions: Cloned

North

Jun 25, 2009
Any one of the first 3 drop to us I’m ecstatic. Guhle, and I’m jumping off Rogers place to my death.

But, teams need centers and Lundell won’t make it past Minny at 9. Winnipeg probably takes Jarvis at 10 hoping the hometown kid can play center for them. Maybe they reach for a Lapierre or Zary. Quinn may fall to us or the Canes could snag him right before us.

Draft in a week. IM HYPED.

Seems like a lot of Winnipeg fans are hoping for Lundell.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I have felt for a while that this would be the backbone behind a Gaudreau trade.

I will be surprised if the trade isn't to Philly and doesn't involve Ghost back

If that’s the case, Calgary better hope they get a first and a significant prospect as well because Ghost is basically a cap dump.

Reactions: Oilhawks

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Thank you! Debrusk is a lot like Yakupov in that when he doesnt have the puck, he's useless. Has no idea where to be and what to do. We don't need to be spending $4M a year on a one dimensional guy (who isnt exactly dominant in that dimension).

DeBrusk is one of the most overrated forwards talked about here. Guy hasn’t broken 45 points in a season, and scored 27 goals in a year where he shot over 17%. His career norm seems to be 15-20 goals shooting around 11%. Is that worth a first round pick? I’d say no.

Reactions: Mr Positive

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
He just had 4 points in 13 games in the playoffs for Boston. Like Cloned said, there's a reason he's available.

I'd certainly inquire, but if they wanted Klefbom/Nurse it would be a big fat no.
I'd give up Nurse if we had a replacement in line and we could get a good prospect or pick in the deal (DeBrusk + 2021 1st, for example).

He had 8 pts in 12 playoff games (6 goals) in 2018 and 11 in 24 in 2019. Pretty decent for a middle-6 winger.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
2 firsts + nuge + Bouchard + Lavoie + Russel or Neal for Eichel.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He’s basically Eberle with better defense but less reliable scoring. Post-prime Eberle at that.

And Eberle usually got 55% offensive zone starts.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
DeBrusk is one of the most overrated forwards talked about here. Guy hasn’t broken 45 points in a season, and scored 27 goals in a year where he shot over 17%. His career norm seems to be 15-20 goals shooting around 11%. Is that worth a first round pick? I’d say no.
I mean Debrusk in EDM top 6, being that he’s a better competitor than AA and I would argue a solid goal scoring ability, would probably be a 25G guy, IMO.

I mean you could keep that 14th pick, and with all the talk about drafting a Mcdavid winger, you know you might just get a guy like Debrusk that could fit well.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd give up Nurse if we had a replacement in line and we could get a good prospect or pick in the deal (DeBrusk + 2021 1st, for example).

He had 8 pts in 12 playoff games (6 goals) in 2018 and 11 in 24 in 2019. Pretty decent for a middle-6 winger.

I have no faith we'd use that pick wisely or develop that prospect properly.

All that says to me is he has 15 points in his last 37 playoff games. That's...not good.

If we're trading Nurse, I'd want to be adding to him to fetch a no-doubter top line winger. DeBrusk isn't the two way forward we need. He's a scorer that's kind of mostly okay at scoring.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Keep in mind a Boston 1st is probably 25th or below. Nurse has more value than that I think.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I mean Debrusk in EDM top 6, being that he’s a better competitor than AA and I would argue a solid goal scoring ability, would probably be a 25G guy, IMO.

I mean you could keep that 14th pick, and with all the talk about drafting a Mcdavid winger, you know you might just get a guy like Debrusk that could fit well.
My point is that you can get better than DeBrusk for the 14th.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Marchant was an excellent 3rd line center and defensive player but his skill and finishing ability were not all that great. The only similarity is that they were/are both fast. AA is a much better finisher and goal scorer.

I agree, if we could move him out either with salary retained or by attaching something not too terribly valuable I would much rather go that route.

What are you basing that he is a better finisher and goal scorer on? He isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad