Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Krejci in a pandemic with very young kids a partial NMC which can easily be manipulated into NMC by listing the Tampa, Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Islanders, Flyers, Rangers etc not going anywhere

I’d put it at 0.0000000001

the Devils winning the Cup
more likely than dealt

Id throw a thousand and one down on that 0.0000000001 :)

I don't know. If the Bruins falter for any reason, I just cant see why you wouldn't move him out for prospects/ picks.
His no trade clause is modified to half the teams, so there will be a lot of interest if Sweeney chooses that path, and if he doesn't make any significant changes to improve the Bruins chances, imo why not move him.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
What a dick move.

If Florida wants to retain money I'd take him in Boston

only problem is you have to protect him in expansion draft cause of his NMC

and since u can only protect 3 D

we’d be basically guaranteed to lose Carlo or Grzelyck unless we made a trade to keep them safe

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
only problem is you have to protect him in expansion draft cause of his NMC

and since u can only protect 3 D

we’d be basically guaranteed to lose Carlo or Grzelyck unless we made a trade to keep them safe
Doesn't the NMC go away once he's traded?

I think Sweeney will make a trade with Seattle to avoid losing Carlo or Gryz.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Doesn't the NMC go away once he's traded?

I think Sweeney will make a trade with Seattle to avoid losing Carlo or Gryz.

No, they changed that in the last CBA so that NMC/NTC stay intact. I believe Yandle himself could alter the contract though to drop the NMC, and that is the only way the Bruins should consider it (though I don't think they should at all).

Reactions: TwineTickler

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
So let me get this straight:

If you say "they are not getting Barkov" it is fact

But if someone says "they should target Barkov" it is opinion?

Anyway, I don't believe a play for Barkov will come via trade, but rather free agency.

Barkov makes just to much sense. He could take over the torch from Bergeron and Krejci but I have to admit, I dont know how much he wants to win. Does he prefer to live the easier life in sunny Florida or doesnt he have any problem being in the spotlight for a big market team? You dont hear much out of Florida. Only that he is a quit guy if I remember correct. Maybe anybody has more insight?

I agree with the free agency though. I dont think there will be any big trades before the expansion draft. When the dust settles and Seattle has his team then we probably will see more activity.

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
No, they changed that in the last CBA so that NMC/NTC stay intact. I believe Yandle himself could alter the contract though to drop the NMC, and that is the only way the Bruins should consider it (though I don't think they should at all).
If he wants to come home which by all accounts he does, there is no reason to think he wouldn't alter it.

I think they should kick the tires on him.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The Yandle situation isn’t all that different than the message Sweeney gave Chara...
From what I found Florida is going to bench him to force his hand to waive his NTC. That is way different than the Chara situation.

If they didn't see Yandle in their plans they should have traded him before camp

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
From what I found Florida is going to bench him to force his hand to waive his NTC. That is way different than the Chara situation.

If they didn't see Yandle in their plans they should have traded him before camp
Obviously don’t know the conversations they’ve had or when they started, but on its face telling Yandle he might not be an every day player on the team going forward and telling Z the same are pretty clear messages to consider playing elsewhere.

Not sure I can jump onboard the train that would trade for an expensive35 year old defenseman with 3 years left on his deal just weeks after letting Chara go sign for the minimum somewhere because we wanted to let the kids have a chance...

Reactions: Bruinaura

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Obviously don’t know the conversations they’ve had or when they started, but on its face telling Yandle he might not be an every day player on the team going forward and telling Z the same are pretty clear messages to consider playing elsewhere.
I just find it strange that they would do this to a guy who had 45 points in 69 games last year.

There's obviously more to the story we are getting. Lets wait to see if Don kicks the tires

Reactions: Over the volcano

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Id throw a thousand and one down on that 0.0000000001 :)

I don't know. If the Bruins falter for any reason, I just cant see why you wouldn't move him out for prospects/ picks.
His no trade clause is modified to half the teams, so there will be a lot of interest if Sweeney chooses that path, and if he doesn't make any significant changes to improve the Bruins chances, imo why not move him.
Krejci picks teams can go to

he will pick 16 teams that are not going to trade for him or can’t

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What the hell is going on with Yandle in Florida?
From Athletic Today

“This doesn’t have anything to do with performance,” Yandle’s agent, Jerry Buckley, told The Athletic on Thursday. “Keith is one of the top offensive defensemen in the NHL. He was last year, he has been over the last three years. And this decision was made a week before training camp. So it doesn’t have to do with performance. This is the general manager’s attempt to pressure Keith and make him uncomfortable and to waive this no-trade clause.’’

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
I know it won’t happen but I’d be curious to see a debrusk + Grz for hanifin and Bennett framework deal

I like debrusk so hard to give him up and trading his output for Bennett and his “maybe” potential for more.

I wish Hanifin was a little more physical too but who knows if he will mature into something more.

I’m sure pieces need to be added to even things off maybe, but that would be a little shake up to the guys. Edit..not that I think the team desperately needs a big shake up. But maybe if things played out right.

thank you for your time.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I know it won’t happen but I’d be curious to see a debrusk + Grz for hanifin and Bennett framework deal

I like debrusk so hard to give him up and trading his output for Bennett and his “maybe” potential for more.

I wish Hanifin was a little more physical too but who knows if he will mature into something more.

I’m sure pieces need to be added to even things off maybe, but that would be a little shake up to the guys. Edit..not that I think the team desperately needs a big shake up. But maybe if things played out right.

thank you for your time.

go a few pages back or in the trade forum I suggested it

Reactions: pizzafrylover420

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I hope so.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that if Sweeney could find a way to trade for PLD this year and sign Barkov in summer 2022 (when he's still only going to be 27) it could be franchise changing.

Barkov is likely to be a rare point per game player for the next 7-8 years. Getting him for his 27, 28, 29, 30 & 31 year old seasons could be the 2nd best FA signing this team has ever made.

2022 - 2023

Marchand - Barkov - Pasta
PLD - Bergeron - Smith
Bjork/Lauko/? - Coyle - Steen/Studnicka?

Would be pretty impressive.
I like this a lot but pipe dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad