Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Chara is 43 (FORTY THREE). Krejci turns 35 this year but still looks good out there as his is not a speed game. He still has a few more good years left in him.
Yup.

Some tough decisions ahead for Sweeney.

Krejci could help replenish the prospect pool, if Sweeney moves him. I hope he doesn't and he goes out and brings in a Dubois or Barkov and make the Bruins a legitimate Cup contender. But realistically I don't see him doing that, so I guess it all depends on how the season goes. I'd be in favor of moving him if the bruins struggle down the stretch. Kreech would be a major wanted commodity come playoff time and could bring back some real nice assets, but I have very little faith in Sweeny either way. Lol

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Hmmmm

I was the first to mention Barkov. Why not respond to me and go after Dan?
Sorry, i did not see your post. And also i did not go "after" anyone i dont believe. I simply stated a fact about his post about us getting Barkov. If thats your opinion, i would disagree respectfully with you as well. our guy has been here 6 years and has not made a hockey trade for that level of player nor has he attempted to sign one. Adding world class players to the team, does not appear to be his style. I think six years is a good indicator of that. Just my opinion, why does it upset people ? I may simply add some humour maybe to hide my outright disgust in the GM....Do not mean to offend anyone but i do call a spade a spade. I am also always willing to hear the other side of the argument as to why anyone would think this GM would get Barkov.....?...I just dont see it from a standpoint of the way he has done things since he has been here....If he was thinking Barkov....Why is he looking to Re up Krejci ?

I am Bruin fan and i would love to see Barkov here. But i would have loved to see Trouba here when he was available. Hall this year, Braden Schenn i wanted. I dont see our GM getting Barkov.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Well its hard to argue against your point, as Sweeney has failed miserably in the FA department and his best trade to date was really good in Coyle but he was a consolation prize after Staal refused to waive his NTC and what a prize he turned out to be.

I myself also have very little faith in Sweeney being able to bring either Barkov or Dubois to town other than for a free meal.
I mean....What did i say ?...I may have been a bit sarcastic but i mean....Show me a reason or any indication that this guy would be looking at Barkov ?......Is the indication giving Krejci 2 more years ?.....Looks more like thats possible.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Sorry, i did not see your post. And also i did not go "after" anyone i dont believe. I simply stated a fact about his post about us getting Barkov. If thats your opinion, i would disagree respectfully with you as well. our guy has been here 6 years and has not made a hockey trade for that level of player nor has he attempted to sign one. Adding world class players to the team, does not appear to be his style. I think six years is a good indicator of that. Just my opinion, why does it upset people ? I may simply add some humour maybe to hide my outright disgust in the GM....Do not mean to offend anyone but i do call a spade a spade. I am also always willing to hear the other side of the argument as to why anyone would think this GM would get Barkov.....?...I just dont see it from a standpoint of the way he has done things since he has been here....If he was thinking Barkov....Why is he looking to Re up Krejci ?

I am Bruin fan and i would love to see Barkov here. But i would have loved to see Trouba here when he was available. Hall this year, Braden Schenn i wanted. I dont see our GM getting Barkov.

So let me get this straight:

If you say "they are not getting Barkov" it is fact

But if someone says "they should target Barkov" it is opinion?

Anyway, I don't believe a play for Barkov will come via trade, but rather free agency.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Anyway, I don't believe a play for Barkov will come via trade, but rather free agency.

I hope so.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that if Sweeney could find a way to trade for PLD this year and sign Barkov in summer 2022 (when he's still only going to be 27) it could be franchise changing.

Barkov is likely to be a rare point per game player for the next 7-8 years. Getting him for his 27, 28, 29, 30 & 31 year old seasons could be the 2nd best FA signing this team has ever made.

2022 - 2023

Marchand - Barkov - Pasta
PLD - Bergeron - Smith
Bjork/Lauko/? - Coyle - Steen/Studnicka?

Would be pretty impressive.

Reactions: bbfan419

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Chara is 43 (FORTY THREE). Krejci turns 35 this year but still looks good out there as his is not a speed game. He still has a few more good years left in him.

So why is he playing with 2 speedy wingers?

For the love of God get him away from Jake and Kase. (Jake and Krech never had CHEMISTRY, been saying that for awhile) Kase is not a second liner till he starts scoring in my view.

I think we need to get more out of Krech by giving him his kind of wingers

I say if Ritchie can keep this up put him with Krech and Smith

Smith a pure shooter, much better then all flash Kase. (Been saying that since Smith was signed)

Now we have Horton and Looch back with Krech

Smith will be ready to shoot from anywhere, as opposed to Jake trying to go wide with blinders on

Krech is a passer, Smith is the shooter, Ritchie is the muscle in front of the net and along the boards

Jake, Coyle and Kase would be a good 3rd line

I would offer Krech in a deal for Dubois, they need a center back. As you say he is still valuable, no way we sign him for three years though. Or near the deadline to a team who needs a push for the cup if we are out of it. As opposed to losing guys for free like Eriksson and Krug

Last edited:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Barkov is incredible, he would be exactly what we need... But he’s a young, already proven, PPG and elite two-way player. There’s no way he gets here without McAvoy going the other way, which opens up a much bigger hole.

I’d throw the farm for Barkov but I think most other teams would do the same, with a lot more to offer. After this season we’re likely back in their division too, which is a factor.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Barkov is the ideal Bergeron replacement. Hopefully Barkov doesn't get traded and Bruins make a serious bid for him via free agency. Bruins do not have the assets to deal for Barkov. If you think we barely have what Columbus wants for PLD than we do not have a shot at Barkov.

Barkov is by far the better player.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Barkov is the ideal Bergeron replacement. Hopefully Barkov doesn't get traded and Bruins make a serious bid for him via free agency. Bruins do not have the assets to deal for Barkov. If you think we barely have what Columbus wants for PLD than we do not have a shot at Barkov.

Barkov is better right now. But PLD could pass him in the next couple years he is younger. They both play two way game.

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Barkov will win a Selke trophy one day, I'd put money on it.

Since entering the league:

18 - No votes
19 - 38th place
20 - 6th place
21 - 14th place
22 - 4th place
23 - 5th place
24 - 11th place

Entering his Age 25 season and he already has three Top 6 finishes in Selke voting. And this was playing down in Florida, put him in a bigger market and he probably gets even more votes.

Only a matter of time IMO before a Selke is his.

Dubois is a heck of player, but I'd take Barkov over him and not even think twice about it.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020

I meant it is factual that in six years the GM has not aquired one world class player by trade or FA.

I did mis word it sorry, but what i meant Is a fact. I would love Barkov after Bergie. But, I dont see it happening.

Reactions: Don Cherry

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I just don't see a deal for Barkov possible from a B's perspective. Other teams are going to have better offers. The only player we have really in the same conversation as Barkov is McAvoy. I don't think that is a trade either team makes right now.

Reactions: BruinDust

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida

That would be something. A top 2 center combo of a 27 year old Barkov and 23 year old Studnika. They'd be set for years.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I meant it is factual that in six years the GM has not aquired one world class player by trade or FA.

I did mis word it sorry, but what i meant Is a fact. I would love Barkov after Bergie. But, I dont see it happening.

I don't think it is happening either, but it is very hard to fault a GM for not landing every major UFA or traded player out there.

1. You have to have a partner to dance with.
2. You have to have assets people want.
3. You need the capspace to make the deal on both sides.

Also in fairness to our GM, he did land Rick Nash. While he may have gotten 2 concussions in short order ending his career, he was still a world class talent at the time of acquisition.

Barkov likely means McAvoy is going the other way. You subtract in one area and add in another. Can you backfill McAvoy with Vaak and likely be ok? Maybe. I would be much more inclined to do it during a rebuild year rather than one where we are cup favourites.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I just don't see a deal for Barkov possible from a B's perspective. Other teams are going to have better offers. The only player we have really in the same conversation as Barkov is McAvoy. I don't think that is a trade either team makes right now.

Pastrnak would be there too.

But your point is spot on. Unless Florida are looking to rebuild, I think if they are trading a core-level player, they would want a core level player back. Which doesn't really make sense for either team.

Reactions: The Laukomotive

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yup.

Some tough decisions ahead for Sweeney.

Krejci could help replenish the prospect pool, if Sweeney moves him. I hope he doesn't and he goes out and brings in a Dubois or Barkov and make the Bruins a legitimate Cup contender. But realistically I don't see him doing that, so I guess it all depends on how the season goes. I'd be in favor of moving him if the bruins struggle down the stretch. Kreech would be a major wanted commodity come playoff time and could bring back some real nice assets, but I have very little faith in Sweeny either way. Lol
Krejci in a pandemic with very young kids a partial NMC which can easily be manipulated into NMC by listing the Tampa, Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Islanders, Flyers, Rangers etc not going anywhere

I’d put it at 0.0000000001

the Devils winning the Cup
more likely than dealt

Barkov they are watching but this will be of interest if and when he rejects their offer

thing is Barkov could be offered $10 M plus by Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad