Boston Bruins Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I just dont think the Bruins can compete with the marketplace for PLD nor should they. He's a really good player and would solve a problem for them long term, but he's not a great fit in 2021 and they have very few assets compared to teams like the Rangers where he fits better.

I'd rather they hold their assets for a LHD if one of the kids isn't quite good enough and bide their time to see if they can get center depth in the summer.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I just dont think the Bruins can compete with the marketplace for PLD nor should they. He's a really good player and would solve a problem for them long term, but he's not a great fit in 2021 and they have very few assets compared to teams like the Rangers where he fits better.

I'd rather they hold their assets for a LHD if one of the kids isn't quite good enough and bide their time to see if they can get center depth in the summer.

Just curious how he's not a great fit for the Bruins in 2021 when they could put him on the LW and now have a legit young center to go forward with?

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada

I pass on PLD, unless they would accept a package consisting of:
Beecher, one of Lauzon/Zboril/Vaak, Bjork, first round pick in 2023 and a secondary B prospect.
No way I am trading Stud, with Coyle/Stud and PLD we are set down the middle for a long time.
Not sure if this is enough for CLB.

Reactions: bbfan419

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I pass on PLD, unless they would accept a package consisting of:
Beecher, one of Lauzon/Zboril/Vaak, Bjork, first round pick in 2023 and a secondary B prospect.
No way I am trading Stud, with Coyle/Stud and PLD we are set down the middle for a long time.
Not sure if this is enough for CLB.
That’s a massive package. I’m sure they would take that. I don’t think Sweeney can afford to give away all their nhl ready prospects though.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
That’s a massive package. I’m sure they would take that. I don’t think Sweeney can afford to give away all their nhl ready prospects though.
Ops I read it wrong. I thought you said all three prospects.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Just curious how he's not a great fit for the Bruins in 2021 when they could put him on the LW and now have a legit young center to go forward with?

Because he is a center and you're paying for that and it puts Krejci in a super weird position as well.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Because he is a center and you're paying for that and it puts Krejci in a super weird position as well.

Krejci is at the end and Dubois is not even in his prime. I don't personally care about the position it puts Krejci in. If it betters the team now and the future (which it would) I am doing that deal.

He's a center who has played LW before. Dubois checks so many boxes that any negative provided will be met with too many counters.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins don’t match up right now - I bet it’s different after the season but I don’t see it

Kuraly is a UFA after season so they can wait and just sign him

Krejci is no way no how picking Columbus to be on his trade to team ~ I would put it at 0.0

Studnicka & DeBrusk value is not defined

I don’t see it but

Montreal makes sense if they move Suzuki ~ if they decide that it’s just balancing off the scale

I’m good without Dubois I’m watching Barkov if I’m Boston ~ I’m Sweeney at trade deadline I make a push to atleast get it out there and hopefully get Barkov to wait for FA

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
That was my basis for it. You fill the loss of DeBrusk with Dubois. He comes in, gives you better all around play + nasty in the top 6 and then you have your #2 center who will take over for Bergeron down the road. Now, you need to eventually replace DeBrusk but it's easier to find a winger than center.

Also, when is Barkov a FA?

Dubois -- Barkov -- Pastrnak
Marchand -- Bergeron -- ???

:laugh:
That first line would be nasty

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think if I inherited the Blue Jackets today and Boston called i would do for
Debrusk
Studnicka
Frederic

no substitutes I want three guys cost controlled I can put right in

screw the D
Screw the futures

I want all 3 ready to play ASAP

Reactions: bbfan419

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Rumors are that PLD 1st choice destination is Mtl.

My biaised Habs friends wouldn’t do a Suzuki for PLD 1 for 1 trade.

Would you?

I would because I love Dubois's game but I can see what they'd be reticent. Suzuki looked pretty damn good last night, sorry to say lol.

I'd absolutely do Studnicka + Debrusk if that was an option but it feels like Kekelainen is probably looking for one big piece ala the Jones for Johansen deal rather than a package, in which case the Bruins are SOL. Dubois would be such a good fit though.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Rumors are that PLD 1st choice destination is Mtl.

My biaised Habs friends wouldn’t do a Suzuki for PLD 1 for 1 trade.

Would you?
PLD brings something different than Montreal's current centers. Danault is a very good #3C. Then it comes down to Kotkaniemi or Suzuki. What are their expectations? I really like Suzuki so if I were Montreal, I wouldn't hesitate moving a package surrounding Kotkaniemi. If Columbus still wants to compete this season, Suzuki makes more sense. That said, PLD, Danault, and Kotkaniemi down the middle is a very good center* group especially as Kotkaniemi grows into that #2C role.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad