Speculation: Rumors, Speculation, and Armchair GM talk - XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Seems like the Flames will either finish with a top ten, maybe top five pick or make the playoffs and pick 15th.

Doesn't make sense to trade the first before they know where they sit. Puljujärvi, Laine, Tkachuk, and Matthews all seem like high end talent and would fill a major need, much more so than two underwhelming players looking for raises in Kreider and Hayes.

Aug 21, 2014
There's no way the Rangers trade two of their young stud wingers for a single 1st! Add Hudler and there might be a chance, but I doubt it!

Hudler + Colborne + Granlund + 1st'16? for both Hayes and Kreider?
I never proposed Hayes and Kreider for just the Flames 1st.. ^ was my proposal.

Seems like the Flames will either finish with a top ten, maybe top five pick or make the playoffs and pick 15th.

Doesn't make sense to trade the first before they know where they sit. Puljujärvi, Laine, Tkachuk, and Matthews all seem like high end talent and would fill a major need, much more so than two underwhelming players looking for raises in Kreider and Hayes.

Yeah, good point. Flames aren't in a position to make that sort of gamble.

Last edited:

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'd offer... Wotherspoon, Granlund and a 5th for Hayes.

(I would consider offering Klimchuk but the above would be more amusing to me)

Rangers would rather have 1 better player than a hodge podge of stuff.

And someone would give them that.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Crosby for Monahan. What do you guys think?

I would do it without blinking.

Monahan can be signed for 9 yrs and he becomes a UFA. Crosby is already signed for the next 9 yrs. He is only 28. I bet he can outscore Monahan significantly during most of that span.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Except that will never happen.

If they ever did offer up Crosby who is going to offer a better main piece than Monahan? Seth Jones is the only other guy that comes to mind.
I think Calgary would probably have to add a D prospect or two. That said you're right. It will probably never happen. But imagine having Crosby or Gaudreau on the ice 40 min a game :amazed:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Drouin wants to be traded. 1st + Backlund would be a solid offer imo, I don't even care about the lottery. We have just as good of chance to make the playoffs as we do to not make them.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Drouin's been pretty underwhelming, but still has star potential. I wonder if the Avs will try to bring him in for MacKinnon?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Kinda seems like this has the potential to turn into a monster deal, considering the Stamkos situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia