Speculation: Rumors, Speculation, and Armchair GM talk - XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Enstrom is an awesome player, but with his injury history and age I'm not sure he's a good fit.

Unless we are in fact getting him for 100TG's proposal. Then yeah, **** it. Decent chance that 1st adds to our chances of a top 3 pick. Or a SECOND top three pick!!!

Edit: At the time of my posting Anglesmith forgot to bring the posts from the other thread lol.

100TG's proposal was:

Wideman
Hudler

for

Enstrom
1st

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The rumor that last year's team had a bunch of career seasons is rearing its ugly head so hard right now.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
When your rebuilding and have an incomplete roster like the flames you look for guys that might just need an opportunity. Think late developing guys like moulson, pominville and parenteau who had some strong years in the right place.

I've always been intrigued by Emerson Etem. It seems he's always been on a contender with strong top 6 forwards so tough for him to break in.

Currently this year he's only played 7 games averaging 11 minutes so definitely a guy that could be plucked from a contender like the rangers.

He could gel with guys like Bennett or gaudreau.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When your rebuilding and have an incomplete roster like the flames you look for guys that might just need an opportunity. Think late developing guys like moulson, pominville and parenteau who had some strong years in the right place.

I've always been intrigued by Emerson Etem. It seems he's always been on a contender with strong top 6 forwards so tough for him to break in.

Currently this year he's only played 7 games averaging 11 minutes so definitely a guy that could be plucked from a contender like the rangers.

He could gel with guys like Bennett or gaudreau.
Etem has played 12 games

edit: NHL.com says 7, hockeydb shows 12, you appear to be correct

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Holy cow, I would love Hamonic. I've been very impressed with him every time I've watched him this season. I think he'd be an upgrade on Wideman. Only question is how we'd make it work. They're probably looking to move him for salary reasons, but if we take him we'd need to deal with that on our end, too.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
not really. the problem is defense/goaltneding

Russell?

Not to mention Gio having a career year before injury. Bouma. First line. Brodie and Gaudreau are about the only ones playing like they were last year. Monahan's getting there. Thank goodness Jones is playing well.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Russell for Hamonic? :sarcasm:

Actually that wouldn't be that terrible a trade, honestly.

EDIT: basis for a trade, not straight up... before i get slayed for this post lol

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Being serious here.... Giordano for Hamonic? Not trying to be sensationalist or anything, but if you strip away the immediate shock that this would be, would it make sense for both parties? The one big knock on moving Giordano is obviously what he brings to the team as a leader, but it seems as though Hamonic is the type of guy who can replace that.

Islanders want a similar-level player, and are in their window right now. Hence Gio.

Flames might be feeling a little worried about Gio's level of play, and Hamonic fits their rebuild perhaps better.

Aug 21, 2014
Being serious here.... Giordano for Hamonic? Not trying to be sensationalist or anything, but if you strip away the immediate shock that this would be, would it make sense for both parties? The one big knock on moving Giordano is obviously what he brings to the team as a leader, but it seems as though Hamonic is the type of guy who can replace that.

Islanders want a similar-level player, and are in their window right now. Hence Gio.

Flames might be feeling a little worried about Gio's level of play, and Hamonic fits their rebuild perhaps better.

I'd entertain it. Flames get a guy who grows with the core in Hamonic, Isles get a guy who can potentially put them over the top.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't know if Gio can be traded, though. Don't know the details of his contract. Would probably be frowned upon if he did, regardless, given he just signed a big deal to be the captain here for 5 years (and it hasn't even started yet).

Aug 21, 2014

This would've been Darryl Sutter's MO. "Bring him home"

Russell/Wideman+ Huds+2nd for Hamonic and capdump.

Isles probably would want an extension from both Huds and Russell however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad