Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Trade Deadline Has Come & Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He can't really play anymore, at least at the level that would help the team. He fit the Flames style but would not work for the Oilers. You don't need his physical side which would be nearly useless in the role he would have. I'd much rather use the spot on a young guy who is hungry or a vet with a lot more game left.
I still value the physical element that he brings and even if he isn't an everyday player at this point, on a cheap contract unless he's a distraction in the room I'd still have him back.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Honest question, is there an appetite for signing Lucic at $1M this off-season to play a 4th line role?
giphy.gif

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Who is Lucic close to though? Pretty sure he burned any bridges for trying to project his own terrible leadership qualities onto others.
We aren't in the room so will never know for sure, but for a guy that is supposedly known for his leadership qualities, he seems like a pretty crappy one, at least during his stint here and in Cowtown. Always seemed to want to pass the buck when it came to responsibility. A huge no for me.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I still value the physical element that he brings and even if he isn't an everyday player at this point, on a cheap contract unless he's a distraction in the room I'd still have him back.
Lucic? He's kinda physical, if he can get there, which he isn't good at anymore. He pretty useless overall and is a nightmare in the room when he's not getting his. Huge pass

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He can't skate well enough anymore to be functional physically. He had three fights this year and two the year before playing full time with the flames. Even at league minimum I think you can get better value. The only way I'd sign him is if he was fine going to BAK which would shock me. I suspect if he was not playing fulltime he'd be a distraction.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He can't skate well enough anymore to be functional physically. He had three fights this year and two the year before playing full time with the flames. Even at league minimum I think you can get better value. The only way I'd sign him is if he was fine going to BAK which would shock me. I suspect if he was not playing fulltime he'd be a distraction.

Didn't he throw shade at the locker room and organization after being dealt?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Seravalli out there trying to troll Oilers fans talking about bridging or trading Bouchard. As if we would be clutching guys like Yams, Kulak and Ceci as indispensible and we couldn't ever find cap space for Bouch.
Seravalli came off as an idiot in that segment. Oilers traded Barrie because they’re confident that Bouchard is their top offensive RD of the future. They’ll make the money work regardless of a bridge or long term deal. I’d prefer the long term deal.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Seravalli came off as an idiot in that segment. Oilers traded Barrie because they’re confident that Bouchard is their top offensive RD of the future. They’ll make the money work regardless of a bridge or long term deal. I’d prefer the long term deal.
Exactly, trading Bouch would only make sense if you get an upgrade in return. An upgrade would cost a lot in assets and AAV.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Didn't he throw shade at the locker room and organization after being dealt?
Yes he did.
I was at the game where he sat at the end of the bench positioned in such a way that his back faced the coach and his teammates. I said at the game when I saw that pathetic display that he was done as an Oiler.

Even if he still was an effective player (which he isnt) I do not want that toxic attitude back on this team regardless of how cheap the contract is.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Yes he did.
I was at the game where he sat at the end of the bench positioned in such a way that his back faced the coach and his teammates. I said at the game when I saw that pathetic display that he was done as an Oiler.

Even if he still was an effective player (which he isnt) I do not want that toxic attitude back on this team regardless of how cheap the contract is.
Lucic was such an entitled brat. The first thing he said when he got to Calgary that he was "happy that he no longer has to take on a leadership role." The f*** were we paying you 6 million a year for Milan?

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'd be absolutely shocked if Connor Brown isn't an Oiler next season. There was a lot of smoke around us acquiring him from Ottawa last off-season, he plays RW which is our weakest forward position, he should be cheap coming off of a major injury and he played junior with McDavid.

It's like all the stars have aligned.
The smoke was from Ottawa's Gossip Girl Bruce Garrioch that got picked up by Edmonton's equivalent of poo throwers with cryptic linkage between Ottawa's HC and bottom six Oilers than played for him in junior and/or Puljujarvi floating around in all trade rumours at the time. Hope the Oilers aim higher than Brown if they decide to upgrade at 2RW. Brown and Yamamoto have the same NHL .48 points per game average. Brown's season high goal total 21 (x2) is one better than Yamamoto's.

Brown has a good motor and work rate. Good player. But the Oil have built up their bottom six to have this player type within guys like a developing Kostin, a percolating Holloway, maybe even Lavoie. If Oil are going to upgrade 2W, personally, I'd rather see a more consistent finisher and point producer. Wingers are cheapest position to find and this is an attractive team to run up production. Brown would be better than Yamamoto - likely - but think there could be better that shake loose this summer.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Looking forward to next year you have to think that both Yamamoto and Foegele are moved in the offseason (unless they have good playoffs). I like both players but you have to think both are currently overpaid.

As much as I like McLovin, I don't see Foegele playing in the top six. With a 2.75M cap hit he should be an elite 3rd liner but you could argue that Kostin has replaced is the more attractive option at his cap hit. Holloway is also pushing for a spot and would be a waste on the 4th line when he breaks in. I could see a scenario where the Oilers cant afford Bjugstad and then Holloway is played at center but then my argument would be why wouldnt you try and move Foegele and use that money on Bjugstad.

Yamamoto isnt cutting in in the top 6 and doesnt look good in the bottom 6. To me hes the most obvious move up front. My guess is that they want to try Lavoie in his spot. If that fails maybe he goes down he lineup and they get a veteran like Brown to move up. Either way we are saving money here.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Lavoie
Kostin-Bjugstad-Brown
Holloway-McLeod-Janmark

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
The smoke was from Ottawa's Gossip Girl Bruce Garrioch that got picked up by Edmonton's equivalent of poo throwers with cryptic linkage between Ottawa's HC and bottom six Oilers than played for him in junior and/or Puljujarvi floating around in all trade rumours at the time. Hope the Oilers aim higher than Brown if they decide to upgrade at 2RW. Brown and Yamamoto have the same NHL .48 points per game average. Brown's season high goal total 21 (x2) is one better than Yamamoto's.

Brown has a good motor and work rate. Good player. But the Oil have built up their bottom six to have this player type within guys like a developing Kostin, a percolating Holloway, maybe even Lavoie. If Oil are going to upgrade 2W, personally, I'd rather see a more consistent finisher and point producer. Wingers are cheapest position to find and this is an attractive team to run up production. Brown would be better than Yamamoto - likely - but think there could be better that shake loose this summer.
Yeah but Brown hasn't been gifted McDrai minutes like Yamamoto has.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Yeah but Brown hasn't been gifted McDrai minutes like Yamamoto has.
Point is the Oil should aim higher than Brown and a Yamamoto level player to fill 2RW. Though Brown did play seasons with Maple Leaf core players Matthews et all so not that he's been on plumber crack teams his whole career. Coming off this regular season, the Oil will be an attractive option if they want to upgrade 2RW and wingers are the easiest position to find. Pretty easy sell job ... hey come play with McDavid and Nugent Hopkins or how about Draisaitl and Kane.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Lucic was such an entitled brat. The first thing he said when he got to Calgary that he was "happy that he no longer has to take on a leadership role." The f*** were we paying you 6 million a year for Milan?
I still love his other dig about "playing meaningful games in April."

Since the 19/20 season when that trade occurred, the Flames missed the playoffs twice and got embarrassed by Edmonton while being a heavy favorite in the second round. He's played a total of 15 "meaningful" games in four seasons there.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Point is the Oil should aim higher than Brown and a Yamamoto level player to fill 2RW. Though Brown did play seasons with Maple Leaf core players Matthews et all so not that he's been on plumber crack teams his whole career. Coming off this regular season, the Oil will be an attractive option if they want to upgrade 2RW and wingers are the easiest position to find. Pretty easy sell job ... hey come play with McDavid and Nugent Hopkins or how about Draisaitl and Kane.
Matthews is a shoot first player. Unless you are primarily a playmaker like Marner for instance, he isn't the greatest of linemate. We also have Lavoie and Bourgault coming down the pipeline and have to be mindful of cap space. May as well give Lavoie a shot, can't be much less productive than Yamamoto IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad