Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th & 29th Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
some here were onboard with this
One took a meteoric rise and the other took a meteoric fall.

It'd be interesting to find out one day which side (thankfully) chickened out.

Holland is paid 5 million dollars. I don't give a f*** about cap challenges... you're paid to do a job. Figure it out.

Konecny, Pesce, Brown... whatever, just make it so. I'm sure if he really wanted to, even getting Campbell moved out would be a possibility. Time to earn that salary.
"The Edmonton Oilers have traded Connor McDavid for future considerations in a cap clearing move."

:D

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

"The Edmonton Oilers have traded Connor McDavid for future considerations in a cap clearing move."

I remember hearing it was Edmonton that said no. I also remember it was not just no, but no f***ing way. Sounded like it wasn't actually close. Maybe more the Habs fan/media train trying to will a trade/signing into being as usual.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
In a way, it's good asset management to trade D'Angelo away for like a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, and then wait and get him back for what is likely peanuts with retention. But definitely don't think this is the type of player they need. They do need more offense though, just not from the back end.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So are Canes not resigning Pesce? They're about to trade for Deangelo

Flyers retaining 50% on Deangelo and trading him for a draft pick

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
So are Canes not resigning Pesce? They're about to trade for Deangelo

Flyers retaining 50% on Deangelo and trading him for a draft pick
Perhaps they are purchasing him to add to another trade.
Besides getting healthy it would seem they need a top power forward and a sniper.
If they are keeping DeAngelo and moving Pesce, what do we pay and how can we afford him? Love to see him beside Nurse but how realistic is that?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Perhaps they are purchasing him to add to another trade.
Besides getting healthy it would seem they need a top power forward and a sniper.
If they are keeping DeAngelo and moving Pesce, what do we pay and how can we afford him? Love to see him beside Nurse but how realistic is that?
Not really sure to be honest. They want a top six forward.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
When did I call people stupid for suggesting?
When did I call people stupid for suggesting?
Numerous people started to discuss Kane in a trade for Pesce and you said it would be stupid to trade Kane......or am i wrong?
I am not!
Regardless you figure out the deal....one that would work and be acceptable to both parties....or do you just want Pesce. Hey why not get Crosby for our 3rd line centre while your at it.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Numerous people started to discuss Kane in a trade for Pesce and you said it would be stupid to trade Kane......or am i wrong?
I am not!

Yeah it would be stupid to trade Kane for Pesce. But I thought you meant like a top six forward in general on what we talked about today lol

Reactions: capazzo

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I am not!
Regardless you figure out the deal....one that would work and be acceptable to both parties....or do you just want Pesce. Hey why not get Crosby for our 3rd line centre while your at it.
That would absolutely be a stupid trade...

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Yeah it would be stupid to trade Kane for Pesce. But I thought you meant like a top six forward in general on what we talked about today lol
You have 3 top 6 wingers available.
Like i said highly unlikely.
Certainly would be stupid to trade Kaner for Pesce straight up....what numbskull would do that? Holland is not Chiarelli.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Bad analogy man.

Holland is paid 5 million to put a cup winning lineup around 2 generational players.

4 years into his tenure , is it acceptable to have a rookie goaltender as your starter and an overpaid cast-off as your backup?

The Oilers main priority is to fix the ability to shut opponents down. Not to outscore them 7-6.

5 million. Fix it Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad