Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th & 29th Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Do they see him as an eventual replacement for Kopitar?
Maybe Rob feels he knows the way to motivate this guy.

Iaffalo and Vilardi in the same deal smells like PLD AND Helleybuck involved to me.
Hope thats not true....Helly and one strong defensive D with size and wheels would make LA a very hard out.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Iaffalo and Vilardi in the same deal smells like PLD AND Helleybuck involved to me.
I would be surprised if they could get both PDL and Hellebuyck in one deal unless they were movng a lot more than Iaffalo and Vilardi. If for no other reason than cap space. Once PDL signs those two probably put LA over the cap on 17 contracts. They would have to move out at least two more players. Probably Arvidson and Roy. Plus teh value for Winnipeg is not there. They would probably want Byfield as well and picks to boot.

Reactions: McTedi

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
I like how mains is just shitting on habs fans about this trade, not realizing that this deal is pretty bad for kings. Not sure why they did it tbh.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Honestly I think the Kings take a step back this year.

Durzi, Walker and Villardi out with PLD in… that’s over managing by Blake imo. Villardi is already a better player than PLD.
It might be even more out because that deal would leave them about $5M in cap space after PDL signs on 16 contracts. If they resign Korpisalo that eats up most of their cap space with only 17 contracts.

Reactions: Cloned

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
What did you expect him to say when asked directly about a teammate, it was a dumb question followed by the standard reply. That being said I think its Broberg's make or break year, and there is definitely some talent there.

I dont know but not the "I think the world of him" he just has to not listen to the coaches and go for it sometimes sentiments you don't often hear.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It might be even more out because that deal would leave them about $5M in cap space after PDL signs on 16 contracts. If they resign Korpisalo that eats up most of their cap space with only 17 contracts.

Maybe they have an arrangement with Kopitar to come up with some bogus injury that results in the Kings putting him on LTIR for the whole season, only to have him come back and be their best player in the playoffs. If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Honestly I think the Kings take a step back this year.

Durzi, Walker and Villardi out with PLD in… that’s over managing by Blake imo. Villardi is already a better player than PLD.
Seems Iike they are planning for kopitar to slow down at some point and finding a replacement for him. I just don’t think PLD is the right one. Especially for the reported price.

I also don’t see how they fit helly, not that he is in this deal, in. At the moment they have 9 mill cap space with 11 forwards, 4 d and 1 goalie signed.

Reactions: Cloned and McDoused

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Seems Iike they are planning for kopitar to slow down at some point and finding a replacement for him. I just don’t think PLD is the right one. Especially for the reported price.

I also don’t see how they fit helly, not that he is in this deal, in. At the moment they have 9 mill cap space with 11 forwards, 4 d and 1 goalie signed.
I for one am hoping they blow their wad on PLD so they aren't a threat to sign Draisaitl if he makes it to free agency. The hope is that never happens but the media guys always seem to bring up Kopitar's contract ending at the same time as Leon's.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Not that I think it'll happen but if the Kings get Hellybuick then I think they take the division.
If they get him and get their top 6 forward, I put them and Vegas as top 2. Oilers down at #3

I feel like LA would have to add a lot more.
Not necessarily. To WPG, their 2 guys are gone 100%. They don't want to get ripped off, but I can see them doing a deal like this if they think they are getting good value players back.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He played his worst hockey at the most important time. He absolutely needs to be blasted for that. He did not have one bad game he had about 3 good games and a host of terrible games in the playoffs.

If you get the kind of goaltending he gave us you are not winning no matter who you have in front of him.

A huge amount of blame also has to go to the coach who refused to make a change in this 'hot and cold' goaltender world.
Players learn from these experiences, but that isn't allowed on here. Ppl want to trade for a goalie and don't want him to develop into a starter. He had one chance at becoming a legit #1 goalie in the NHL, but that chance is over b/c of one poor playoff.

Man I hope he doesn't win the calder cuz that would be a slap in the face for him. Win such a prestigious award while half a fanbase doesn't want you as their goalie

Reactions: Oil53

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
edmonton still needs an upgrade top6 rw and a quality RD - one or the other could be done at TDL but he should sort one out now. And thats still taking a risk on Goaltending. I think its realistic and reasonable to say that Holland should have at least 1/3 solved well before camp, 2/3 by TDL and take a reasonable risk on internal growth solving the final one due to cap constraints.

Assuming every exact player you need will be magically available to you at TDL and that you wont be outbid or have someone refuse to waive or otherwise have a major wrench in your plans is assinine and crazy. Look at upcoming UFAs and guess what is most likely solvable at TDL and solve the other one today if the player is out there.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Players learn from these experiences, but that isn't allowed on here. Ppl want to trade for a goalie and don't want him to develop into a starter. He had one chance at becoming a legit #1 goalie in the NHL, but that chance is over b/c of one poor playoff.

Man I hope he doesn't win the calder cuz that would be a slap in the face for him. Win such a prestigious award while half a fanbase doesn't want you as their goalie

It’s such a silly disposition too. This isn’t 1998 where you pretty much know what you’re gonna get from 90% of the goalies every year. Currently there are all of about two goalies in the whole league that you can bank on (Hellebyuck and Vasilevsky) and even they can be pretty uneven at times.

Going all out to change the goalie situation is just as likely to fall flat on its face and fail than it is to actually measurably improve anything. I’d bet on Skinner building his game and Campbell improving to at least a respectable backup level rather than spank a bunch of assets on some other random goalie that is more likely than not to make little measurable difference.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
If they get him and get their top 6 forward, I put them and Vegas as top 2. Oilers down at #3

Not necessarily. To WPG, their 2 guys are gone 100%. They don't want to get ripped off, but I can see them doing a deal like this if they think they are getting good value players back.
Well they would be getting ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad