Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th & 29th Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
It’ll be interesting how free agents approach this off-season. The top guys will get paid but I bet the depth guys will look at one years since it’s known the cap will be going up alot.

I can see us targeting guys in trades with one or two years left.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It’ll be interesting how free agents approach this off-season. The top guys will get paid but I bet the depth guys will look at one years since it’s known the cap will be going up alot.

I can see us targeting guys in trades with one or two years left.
Oilers are a prime destination for players to accept one year contracts. Best is to not overreact to every trade cuz there will be tons of options for Holland to improve this team after the draft

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Players learn from these experiences, but that isn't allowed on here. Ppl want to trade for a goalie and don't want him to develop into a starter. He had one chance at becoming a legit #1 goalie in the NHL, but that chance is over b/c of one poor playoff.

Man I hope he doesn't win the calder cuz that would be a slap in the face for him. Win such a prestigious award while half a fanbase doesn't want you as their goalie
It's called a timeline that our management has royally f***** up for 8 years. We are not in a development stage anymore. I want osme miracle where Skinner is the backup and a better guy plays ahead of him and Campbell is gone.

Maybe Campbell gets back into form, anything is possible. From what we seen in the playoffs, I have zero faith in Skinner in crunch time.

But hey, anything can happen. That's the beauty about sports. We just don't have a time luxury here anymore. It is what it is

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Is LA actually any better today than when we eliminated them?

No. They've lost Korpisalo, Walker, Durzi and Grans. As of right now they are banking on internal growth to get better. I'm not sure about that because any growth they see will be offset by Kopitar and Doughty getting worse.

If they trade for PLD at the expense of Vilardi and Iafallo, are they better? Maybe but I'm not a Dubois fan.

When you factor in that it leaves them with roughly 3.2M to sign 4 players (including a starting goaltender) I'm not really sure I'm seeing what everyone else sees.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

No. They've lost Korpisalo, Walker, Durzi and Grans. As of right now they are banking on internal growth to get better. I'm not sure about that because any growth they see will be offset by Kopitar and Doughty getting worse.

If they trade for PLD at the expense of Vilardi and Iafallo, are they better? Maybe but I'm not a Dubois fan.

When you factor in that it leaves them with roughly 3.2M to sign 4 players (including a starting goaltender) I'm not really sure I'm seeing what everyone else sees.
It's PTSD from the last 2 times we played them in the playoffs.

They play us tight and took us to game 7 2 years ago with big injuries. They play us toe to toe without their 100% starting lineup. They are coached much better and/or have much better all around buy in

Friedman

Some other stuff today: sounds like Stanley Cup champion Adin Hill is looking at an extension in Vegas around the 2x$4.9M range. Nothing official yet, though.

The Golden Knights and Adin Hill are working on a 2-year extension around the $4.9M range, per
@FriedgeHNIC

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

They play us tight and took us to game 7 2 years ago with big injuries. They play us toe to toe without their 100% starting lineup. They are coached much better and/or have much better all around buy in

Friedman

Some other stuff today: sounds like Stanley Cup champion Adin Hill is looking at an extension in Vegas around the 2x$4.9M range. Nothing official yet, though.

I cant say I agree with them being better coached. Koala had them trapping when they were down by 2 or 3.

Also they had everyone in their lineup return for the playoffs so injuries are just an excuse. Edmonton was clearly the better the team in the series. The only reason it was close was because of the reffing.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

They are alot better without Durzi and Walker. I watched 5 games last year where Durzi alone lost them games outright.

Should be noted, as good as Gabe was, he has had back problems for years. PLD is a healthier gamble physically anyway

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
They are alot better without Durzi and Walker. I watched 5 games last year where Durzi alone lost them games outright.

Should be noted, as good as Gabe was, he has had back problems for years. PLD is a healthier gamble physically anyway

I've never bought into this addition by subtraction rule. Its complete BS. I see LA fans throwing both guys under the bus now that they are gone.

Durzi is a high event hockey player. I think they are going to miss him more than they think. He was their best offensive defenceman. Who is replacing his 40 points? If the expectation is to have two rookie dmen come in and be an upgrade they are going to be disappointed. If LA fans thought McDavid took their lunch money just wait and see what he does to the rookies.

Spence and Clarke might be good down the road but if they were a clear upgrade at this point in their career why didnt they call them up for the playoffs?

Either way I dont see them being "clearly better". At best they are just different with worse goaltending right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: VainGretzky

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It's called a timeline that our management has royally f***** up for 8 years. We are not in a development stage anymore. I want osme miracle where Skinner is the backup and a better guy plays ahead of him and Campbell is gone.

Maybe Campbell gets back into form, anything is possible. From what we seen in the playoffs, I have zero faith in Skinner in crunch time.

But hey, anything can happen. That's the beauty about sports. We just don't have a time luxury here anymore. It is what it is
There isn't a 'stage' in a team's process that's bookmarked for development. Teams that won multiple championships like Chicago, Pittsburgh, Tampa and LA... They all developed internally and replaced expensive depth from within.

Personally I wouldn't have any faith in a star goalie here if it meant the roster in from of him needed to get thinner to fit their salary in. I wouldn't have any faith in the team's ability to maintain a competitive roster if they spent a significant chunk of their capital to play musical chairs.

People overrate goalies.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Friedman

The Golden Knights and Adin Hill are working on a 2-year extension around the $4.9M range, per
@FriedgeHNIC
Hill wins a Stanley cup in a mighty 3 round performance and he still can't get the term or amount as Campbell.

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Give us PArayko

I dont see st.louis retaining on Parayko for that long. MAYBE they retain up to 1M but that's a long time to retain.

Only way I see it working is if Campbell goes the other way.

2024 1st, Ceci and Campbell for Parayko with 1M retained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad