Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Rainman Edition "I'm an Excellent Driver" Read OP and Watch Video For Educational Purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I hope not. One of the worst playoff performers of this era, total ghost when the games matter.

Of course, the Oilers don't have the money to add him even if they wanted to.

Well he'd have to take like a mil or less. Which isnt that likely but you never know. Hes likely not getting more than 1 year. How many good teams can really afford to pay him 3mil @ 1 year? Not many. But guess he if he wants to play on a non contender and get paid he can. Hes not a great playoff player but hes still valuable if you sign him to cheap.

Reactions: McDoused

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
McDavid/Draisaitl are the main reason the Oilers have a sky high franchise valuation.

You guys actually have it backwards ... "winning" doesn't actually increase the value of a franchise that much, having the marquee players does more than that.

Any version of the Oilers with McDavid on it will be worth more than any version that doesn't have McDavid, and if you don't have Draisaitl you don't have McDavid.

Pretty much about as simple as that.

German athletes tend to be a lot lower maintenance too and I get the same sense from Leon. Dirk Nowitzki in the NBA played his entire career in Dallas even when there was a lot of talk on him ditching that team to go play for a higher profile market like the Lakers or Knicks. He never wanted to do that.
You ever heard of real estate opportunities?

Pius Suter….lock it.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
there are about 20 other players on this roster who should get criticism before Draisaitl
Or George Parros. It was a complete joke that Pietrangelo wasn’t suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that dirty, meaningless play. A message was sent by the league that you can hack someone’s arm off after they score an empty net goal and suffer minimal consequences.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Or George Parros. It was a complete joke that Pietrangelo wasn’t suspended for the rest of the playoffs for that dirty, meaningless play. A message was sent by the league that you can hack someone’s arm off after they score an empty net goal and suffer minimal consequences.
Glad that it would have to be Kane or Nurse giving him payback and then having to fight their goon since we have no one in the bottom 6 to handle that sort of stuff anymore.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Drai is the type of player that will age well. Elite IQ players that don't rely heavily on skating but more on Hockey IQ usually age well. Thornton for example, Bergeron etc.
I think Drai will at least be a top line level player through his mid 30s. I think McDavid might see a steeper decline before Drai.
We all saw what Drai does on one leg...As long as he stays mostly healthy, he will age nicely I think.

Reactions: Vagabond

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I hope not. One of the worst playoff performers of this era, total ghost when the games matter.

Of course, the Oilers don't have the money to add him even if they wanted to.

If he's as cheap as suspected he'd be worth signing for the regular season alone. Just put someone else in for playoffs.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I specifically remember Doug Weight being pressured by the PA when Edmonton was offering him in the low 4's or whatever they offered. Then the prick blues gave him a crazy amount. I remember Weight talking about it years ago.
That was before the salary cap. Back then there was pressure on players to go for as much as they could because that did actually float everyone's boat. The core aspect of the 2013 CBA for the owners was the 50/50 split of revenue. That changed the game.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well he'd have to take like a mil or less. Which isnt that likely but you never know. Hes likely not getting more than 1 year. How many good teams can really afford to pay him 3mil @ 1 year? Not many. But guess he if he wants to play on a non contender and get paid he can. Hes not a great playoff player but hes still valuable if you sign him to cheap.
I mentioned it on main boards awhile ago. No real contender is going to give him much of anything. He is however a useful guy to have in the regular season especially with injuries.

Best case scenario for him is he signs with a non-contender for the most he can and then hopes a playoff team gets desperate enough at the deadline and trades for him. He continues his regular season play from the past bunch of years and there will always be someone desperate enough that will take a chance on him.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
The last 4 games he got one assist...went -7 and way a giveaway machine.
The original idea here is its not a slam dunk signing Leon next summer.

Four game sample size and you’re saying it’s not a slam dunk?

This is so profoundly weak. What’s next, gonna take a single game where he didn’t play and say he’s injury prone?

Reactions: capazzo

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Four game sample size and you’re saying it’s not a slam dunk?

This is so profoundly weak. What’s next, gonna take a single game where he didn’t play and say he’s injury prone?
Just wondering Ted....who do you think will be our GM and assistants ahead of free agency next year?
Brad and Steve ...or do you think you will see a dramatic shift?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Some good news for Oiler fans. Jack McBain is compareable to McLeod.

McBain played 13:59 a night and had 26 points. McLeod was 14:11 and 23 points.

Whats that 3 cases that went to arbitration this summer?

Has there even been 3 total cases that went to arbitration in the past 5 years lol?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So for some reason Logan Cooley signed with the Yotes, I honestly thought he was going to wait them out.

Again, to how pathetic the Yotes TRULY are as a franchise.

Cooley will play in front of less than half the crowd at home in Arizona as he did in College. Pathetic.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Just wondering Ted....who do you think will be our GM and assistants ahead of free agency next year?
Brad and Steve ...or do you think you will see a dramatic shift?

I don’t……..think that’s……..relevant to your………….asinine point about a stupid sample size to draw a………………. assumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad