Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Rainman Edition "I'm an Excellent Driver" Read OP and Watch Video For Educational Purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
My guess (and it's fairly obvious) is that whatever McLeod gets in arbitration (or if they agree to a number beforehand) will be deducted from:

$5,609,208​

...and Bouchard gets the rest.

Bouchard could come in at $3,359,208 if McLeod gets $2.25 million.

Bouchard would be pretty underpaid at that rate coming off back to back 40+ point seasons and a playoffs where he was better than a point per game... but them's the breaks when he has no arbitration rights.

Reactions: McDoused

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I was hoping that JP would come back.

No one here likes him I guess.
He will be much happier back in Finland.

Watching videos of Zack Ostapchuk ...going to be his first year in Bellville. He has a tendency to start slow and build through the year. But he will be good defensively to start with so likely gets increased playing time as it goes.

Reactions: gordonhught

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Seattle's got a lot of prospects that should make it over the next 3 years.
This year we should see some of Wright, Ryker, and Tye.
Next year they should have Goyette, Firkus and Nelson heading to the A.
But who knows--they have the rights to Kole Lind -- a star in the dub and at most a tweener now.

We better git going...both LA and Seattle are up and coming....
Kenny has done nothing to improve our defensive game or improve our aggressiveness or our bottom six.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I do wonder if Holland had numbers for McLeod and Bouchard at the start of the offseason. He probably could of signed McLeod for 2m and been done with it. I don’t think his patience helped in this case.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I do wonder if Holland had numbers for McLeod and Bouchard at the start of the offseason. He probably could of signed McLeod for 2m and been done with it. I don’t think his patience helped in this case.
Holland likely left room for signing them both for a combined ~$5.5 million (which would leave an extra ~$100,000 cap room to have Broberg on a 22 man roster roster instead of Niemelainen)... thinking that Bouchard would get ~$4 million and McLeod would get ~$1.5 million... but McLeod's camp didn't go for that and that's where we are now... since the divide between Holland and McLeod's side is likely wide enough to push this into arbitration.

Holland will still have to split up that $5.5 million in cap space between Bouchard/McLeod but it's looking more and more likely that it's going to be the arbitrator that determines how that $5.5 million pie is eventually divided.

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
IMG_0257.png

Am I missing something my cap friendly has us sitting with 7 mil left to sign Bouchard and McLeod

Ck1

Feb 10, 2018
Edmonton
I think that's if we were to run a 20 man roster which isn't very likely.
Ok thx for the info should of noticed that
so if we can sign Bouchard and Mcleod for 6 mil or under leaves us with about a mil to sign a player and run a 21 man roster which is likely the scenario Holland is looking at

Reactions: capazzo

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Wish we would just cut our losses, move on from Foegele and run a full roster for once. Bring in all three kids in Holloway, Bourgault, Lavoie. Having a full roster that we can use to rest players accordingly and give real shots to players who seem like they might be able to make an impact seems worth it. Then at the deadline we'll know what we have or don't going into the playoffs and can add accordingly.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Wish we would just cut our losses, move on from Foegele and run a full roster for once. Bring in all three kids in Holloway, Bourgault, Lavoie. Having a full roster that we can use to rest players accordingly and give real shots to players who seem like they might be able to make an impact seems worth it. Then at the deadline we'll know what we have or don't going into the playoffs and can add accordingly.
What a bad idea.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Ok thx for the info should of noticed that
so if we can sign Bouchard and Mcleod for 6 mil or under leaves us with about a mil to sign a player and run a 21 man roster which is likely the scenario Holland is looking at
Yeah will pretty much be a 21 man roster at this point. Was hoping we would be able to carry an extra F and D.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010

Apparently, the leader ship group really like having him in the room, have asked to have him stick around.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Apparently, the leader ship group really like having him in the room, have asked to have him stick around.
Its more than that...do you know why? Or do you think he is the guy that gets the coffee in between periods?
Your leadership group are just as able as you to pull up capfriendly. They know Foegele's money would net them a Comtois, Grant, and a Pius and have money left over.

Last edited:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
What a bad idea.
How so? Do you think the difference between Foegele being here vs allowing us room to house both Bourgault and Lavoie is too big a chasm for this group to make up for if both rookies falter?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
How so? Do you think the difference between Foegele being here vs allowing us room to house both Bourgault and Lavoie is too big a chasm for this group to make up for if both rookies falter?
Being a cup contending tea am and trying to break in a bunch of rookies at the same time is a recipe for disaster. We’re going to have 2 rookies/sophomores on defence in Broberg and VD and probably 2 at forward with Holloway and Lavoie. Need vets with playoff experience and Foegele usually elevates his game in the playoffs.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Being a cup contending tea am and trying to break in a bunch of rookies at the same time is a recipe for disaster. We’re going to have 2 rookies/sophomores on defence in Broberg and VD and probably 2 at forward with Holloway and Lavoie. Need vets with playoff experience and Foegele usually elevates his game in the playoffs.
His five playoff performances:

15 games 9 points
8 games 1 point
10 games 2 points
13 games 1 point
12 games 3 points

So no, if anything he regresses significantly come crunch time. I would put money on any of Holloway, Bourgault, Lavoie being just as impactful as him in the playoffs. You also completely choose to ignore the point being we use the season up until TDL to teach these kids and see what we have in them before deciding how to proceed. At the deadline we can offload a bit more salary and draft picks etc to bring in a proven playoff performer.

The cap has f***ed us with Holland's guidance here to a point where we don't have much of a choice. Keeping Foegele seems senseless when he isn't ever going to be the difference between us making a playoff spot or not. Coupled with him struggling badly in the playoffs and being the obvious form of moving salary in the forward group, AND moving him allowing us to finally role a full roster of players...it seems straightforward.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Seattle's got a lot of prospects that should make it over the next 3 years.
This year we should see some of Wright, Ryker, and Tye.
Next year they should have Goyette, Firkus and Nelson heading to the A.
But who knows--they have the rights to Kole Lind -- a star in the dub and at most a tweener now.

We better git going...both LA and Seattle are up and coming....
Kenny has done nothing to improve our defensive game or improve our aggressiveness or our bottom six.
Edm is worse than last year. Still a playoff team but holland will need to work some magic at the trade deadline as next season progresses. heading into the season I’m not exactly jumping for joy though. Lol

Reactions: Anarchism

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Edm is worse than last year. Still a playoff team but holland will need to work some magic at the trade deadline as next season progresses. heading into the season I’m not exactly jumping for joy though. Lol
Not really sure how you come up with that assessment considering we basically have the exact same team returning.

Certainly better then the team last year at the start of the season

Reactions: Oilhawks

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Hates Foegle and McLeod..
Doesn't realize both players have been good in the playoffs.
Wants to replace them with rookies.
Complains Holland isn't doing enough to make this team competitive.

GeNiUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad