Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Rainman Edition "I'm an Excellent Driver" Read OP and Watch Video For Educational Purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Hater. Don't you like JP?
JP isn’t really an NHL player at this point in his development or career. He has some serious hip ailments that probably are more serious than is known and he proved his status as a marginal 4th liner when he was dumped by Edmonton and ended up on a club that he never even dressed for some games, in Carolina.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
JP is likely going the same route as Yakupov did... ie he'll bounce between a couple NHL teams before heading back to Europe for the rest of his playing career.

Yakupov got in 350 NHL games and JP is now at 334... so he might get another brief stint with another NHL team after he comes back from surgery... and then likely back to Europe.

Reactions: Duke74

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
JP isn’t really an NHL player at this point in his development or career. He has some serious hip ailments that probably are more serious than is known and he proved his status as a marginal 4th liner when he was dumped by Edmonton and ended up on a club that he never even dressed for some games, in Carolina.
He's an average NHLer that doesn't really excel at any single part of the game. Not dangerous in either direction, but the size and speed combo can cause the other team issues.

Our fans got tired of him, but a big part of that was his final contract and the insistence of playing him with 97.

He's at a point in his career where he needs to make the Cogliano decision and focus on the defensive parts of the game. Put that dream of being a top six scorer on the backburner.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
He's an average NHLer that doesn't really excel at any single part of the game. Not dangerous in either direction, but the size and speed combo can cause the other team issues.

Our fans got tired of him, but a big part of that was his final contract and the insistence of playing him with 97.

He's at a point in his career where he needs to make the Cogliano decision and focus on the defensive parts of the game. Put that dream of being a top six scorer on the backburner.
I have nothing to confirm, but I believe he thinks he’s still top 6 material. I don’t get a sense that he will be able/mentally inclined to reinvent himself as a dependable defensive forward. That puts him out of the NHL.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I have nothing to confirm, but I believe he thinks he’s still top 6 material. I don’t get a sense that he will be able/mentally inclined to reinvent himself as a dependable defensive forward. That puts him out of the NHL.
I'm on the side that I'd extend a league min offer to him without the guaranteed roster spot. He's likely out until January, so there's probably very few teams with legitimate interest.

His willingness to engage physically last season was a hint he was willing to do what he had to to stay on the roster. At some point there has to be a light that goes off when those cold streaks are far more frequent than the periods where you score.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hates Foegle and McLeod..
Doesn't realize both players have been good in the playoffs.
Wants to replace them with rookies.
Complains Holland isn't doing enough to make this team competitive.

GeNiUs
McLeod has 9 points in 32 playoff games for us.

Foegele has 4 points in 25 playoff games for us.

I can't envision a forward in the playoffs on any team performing worse. Where is the bar meant to be set? It can't go lower than Foegele, that's for sure.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
McLeod has 9 points in 32 playoff games for us.

Foegele has 4 points in 25 playoff games for us.

I can't envision a forward in the playoffs on any team performing worse. Where is the bar meant to be set? It can't go lower than Foegele, that's for sure.
They are right here. You really have no idea.
Ask yourself why the players at the top want Foegele and while contrary to Holland's contention Mcleod is no 3C he brings something quite valuable to the roster. Yes in proposed trades i have used him because one you have to give to get and two in some trades i was trading off his skill to upgrade in other areas.
Lets create an essay...a manifesto lol....
3 ways to create a championship NHL team in the Modern Era.
A hint ....pure offense....is not one of those ways.

Last edited:

duul

Jun 21, 2010
They are right here. You really have no idea.
Ask yourself why the players at the top want Foegele and while contrary to Holland's contention Mcleod is no 3C he brings something quite valuable to the roster. Yes in proposed trades i have used him because one you have to give to get and two in some trades i was trading off his skill to upgrade in other areas.
This is a rumour and nothing about his numbers show he is worth keeping here. He had the best regular season of his career where he might be playing to his salary numbers, maybe, but as a playoff performer he has been utterly terrible.

McLeod couldn't even score a goal all playoffs long, they had two between them. These are blatantly fourth line players about to be paid middle 6 numbers for no good reason at all. That's the issue, especially in cap strapped times. These are both fourth liners who should be paid as such, and if we can't get them for a fourth liner salary, we have a number of players who can come in and play fourth line at the appropriate price point.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
This is a rumour and nothing about his numbers show he is worth keeping here. He had the best regular season of his career where he might be playing to his salary numbers, maybe, but as a playoff performer he has been utterly terrible.

McLeod couldn't even score a goal all playoffs long, they had two between them. These are blatantly fourth line players about to be paid middle 6 numbers for no good reason at all. That's the issue, especially in cap strapped times. These are both fourth liners who should be paid as such, and if we can't get them for a fourth liner salary, we have a number of players who can come in and play fourth line at the appropriate price point.
You have said some things in the past here that partially made sense and i agreed with some of it and supported you in the face of fairly aggressive criticism...but in this we are at odds. Your judging these players by recent points and that is all and that is a very big mistake.
I thought that Foegele was one of our lights in our demise during the playoffs and that Mcleod while not performing certain task showed some good growth and potential for more growth on the wing and PK.
Foegele has poor hands, only scores from one specific spot, can't really be a net front presence, can't create because his passing is schlok, but he has one or two enduring skills that help this team where they are quite short.
Although Holloway is a fairly different player he will probably eventually push Foegele out ...its highly unlikely to be this season. Holloway may get 40-50 games this year--his type of game is best brought on slowly and yes Holloway has much better upside--lets make sure he attains it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca