Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Lavoie Vs. Pederson Vs. Sutter Vs. Gagner Vs. Caggiula

Which of these players makes the team?

• Lavoie

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • Pederson

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Sutter

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Gagner

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Caggiula

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Bourgault

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Petrov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (specify in a post)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • None of them makes the team, we'll start with 11 forwards

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
There's ebs and slows to seasons, and slumps and hotstreaks within those seasons for skaters and goalies. But I think with goalies their ebs and flows can be more year to year rather than just in-season. A goalie can have a a full year showing as a consistent goalie then the very next year can be trash for the entire year. Teams move on, that goalie may or may not recover on a new team. I don't think the year to year variances with forwards or defenders can swing as wildly as a goalie.

Everyone thought Demko was a lock as an elite starter. Then he posts .905 for the year. People thought Korpisalo was Kosko level trash for many years, then finally puts up a good year and the script is flipped. Betting that script flips right back to trash when he's a Senator.

Demko is definitely legit, it was just a bad 16 game stretch last season. He's been great otherwise and finished the season strong. Korpisalo is still suspect and the jury's still out with him

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Omg the pop up ads on this site are relentless….

Really looking forward to seeing Game 1 rollout, and a few new additions and opportunities. I think we see Broberg step up big this year. I also think we see Good Campbell grab the #1 spot and have a really solid year…. Holloway and Sutter are also contributors. Gonna be a great year!!!

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If Sutter impresses that basically means we have to either trade Lavoie, or send him/Holloway down. It sucks we can only roll out a 21 man roster. I dont see Lavoie making it through waivers. Would montreal or arizona maybe give up a 3rd round pick for him?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
If Sutter impresses that basically means we have to either trade Lavoie, or send him/Holloway down. It sucks we can only roll out a 21 man roster. I dont see Lavoie making it through waivers. Would montreal or arizona maybe give up a 3rd round pick for him?

I have hopes for Lavoie, but not sure he’d get claimed. Zero NHL experience/success and hasn’t exactly lit the AHL on fire.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Sign Sutter, waive him, have him pull a Spezza and say he'll retire if he gets claimed and give Lavoie a few weeks to audition.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Anyone mention Stauffer's hint that the Oilers could try to bring in Hall at 50% at the deadline if Holloway doesn't take the next step this year? It seemed more than just speculation, but Bob also knows how to pull certain strings. Anyways, I thought it was an interesting idea. (He said it would cost two 1sts, one for Hall and one for the two-year retention at 50%.)

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Anyone mention Stauffer's hint that the Oilers could try to bring in Hall at 50% at the deadline if Holloway doesn't take the next step this year? It seemed more than just speculation, but Bob also knows how to pull certain strings. Anyways, I thought it was an interesting idea. (He said it would cost two 1sts, one for Hall and one for the two-year retention at 50%.)
Last year HyBOBle's junk trade hype was P. Kane for Puljujarvi, Foegele and a 1st. The Hall stuff was eyebrow raised appropriately by Seravalli.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

I mean his house is still available so... make it so :naughty:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Hall already looks like he wants out of Chicago. He’ll play poorly and request a trade out by January. What ever team gets him will trade a 2nd at most. Two 1sts for Hall is ridiculous.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Lavoie will easily clear unless Habs feel the need to add a french player.
Losing Nemo to waivers would be a bigger loss IMO.

Reactions: DarksideGhost

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Last year HyBOBle's junk trade hype was P. Kane for Puljujarvi, Foegele and a 1st. The Hall stuff was eyebrow raised appropriately by Seravalli.
Seravalli said he thought Hall was going to get flipped the moment he was traded to Chicago. It seemed to me that Seravalli thinks Hall could get moved. He was surprised at Stauffer's mention of two 2sts though. And I would agree, that's too much.

Reactions: TheNumber4

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hall already looks like he wants out of Chicago. He’ll play poorly and request a trade out by January. What ever team gets him will trade a 2nd at most. Two 1sts for Hall is ridiculous.

I'd personally move two 1st's for an upgrade at the top four D before I move it for Hall as well (despite being a huge Hallsy fan)
Assuming Broberg will prosper playing with Ekholm though which is a wait and see.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Seravalli said he thought Hall was going to get flipped the moment he was traded to Chicago. It seemed to me that Seravalli thinks Hall could get moved. He was surprised at Stauffer's mention of two 2sts though. And I would agree, that's too much.
I would not mind that ONLY if our defense somehow looks much better under a new system. A tp 4 dman should be #1 priority, but scoring always helps in the playoffs if some guys go cold.

Reactions: soothsayer

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

If it's a cheap add ... fine I guess ... but if we keep going into playoffs with this same D and same goaltending and just trying to outscore problems, the end result is likely going to be the same.

We need a game changing upgrade on D and/or net, quite possibly in both areas and then how much cap/picks are even left after that.

We can't go into another playoffs with Ceci/Bouchard/Desharnais on the right side ... all these guys honestly from a defensive POV should be your bottom pairing RD (just because Bouchard scores on the PP doesn't change that for him either).

We are getting plenty of red flags that Campbell/Skinner ain't the tandem that's going to get it done either. Realistically you have to budget for how you are going to upgrade here if things don't go your way.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Chicago isn't going to retain for two years.

It might be believable if Hall's deal expired at the end of this year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd personally move two 1st's for an upgrade at the top four D before I move it for Hall as well (despite being a huge Hallsy fan)
Assuming Broberg will prosper playing with Ekholm though which is a wait and see.
LW is one of the teams strengths. Any upgrade we make at the deadline will either be on RD or goaltending.

Maybe Hall will sign here for league minimum in 2 years when his deal is expired and they finally finish construction on his super acreage just outside Vegreville.

Reactions: McAsuno

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bring Hall Home Version 3.0. Here’s how we do it. Get Nuge to call Hall now. Tell him to be a complete dickhead of a role model for Bedard. “If there’s anything I learned in this League as a 1OA Connor, it’s to take all the money you can, never be loyal, look out for number 1!” Then have Hall purposely shit the bed every game posting historic minuses, flubbing every shot attempt, and sending dumb suicide passes to Bedard for good measure. There, now we can have Hall at 50% for a 5th rounder.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Bring Hall Home Version 3.0. Here’s how we do it. Get Nuge to call Hall now. Tell him to be a complete dickhead of a role model for Bedard. “If there’s anything I learned in this League as a 1OA Connor, it’s to take all the money you can, never be loyal, look out for number 1!” Then have Hall purposely shit the bed every game posting historic minuses, flubbing every shot attempt, and sending dumb suicide passes to Bedard for good measure. There, we now we can have Hall at 50% for a 5th rounder.

The prophecy remains: The former chosen one Taylor Hall returns to the Edmonton Oilers to help them win the Stanley Cup fulfilling the prophecy.

Reactions: TheNumber4

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How serious is Ekholm’s injury? It might not be a bad thing if he misses to start the year. Give Broberg his spot, pump up Brobergs value, then we can include him in a trade for upgrade at RD. It’ll be tough for Broberg to up his value on the 3rd pair.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Wild card is I believe Lavoie is no longer waiver exempt. Oilers havea few guys that fall into that catagory.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I'd absolutely love Hall back in an Oilers jersey. But I'm not paying a big price for it. I'm also all for moving a 1st or two at the deadline. But not for something that we don't need. If I'm paying big assets, its for another Ekholm or a Hellybuyck, or even a Danault type Center. Something that fills a big weakness.

We lead the league in goals last year. The year before we made the conference finals, and in four of the final 6 losses in those playoffs, the team score 4 or more. We added Connor Brown this year. Secondary scoring is a luxury, not a need. Not to mention, you can usually find a decent option to fit that role for a 2nd +

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
We are getting plenty of red flags that Campbell/Skinner ain't the tandem that's going to get it done either. Realistically you have to budget for how you are going to upgrade here if things don't go your way.
Are we though? Skinner had a poor showing. No argument there. But he's also 24.
Prior to last season his NHL GP was a whopping 14 games. Ken Dryden, Pat Roy, and Cam Ward are the exceptions and not the norm. Were we really expecting a rookie to lead this team to the cup?

I don't know about you, but I'm still willing to give him a bit more lead.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Did Hall's house get built though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad