Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Lavoie Vs. Pederson Vs. Sutter Vs. Gagner Vs. Caggiula

Which of these players makes the team?

• Lavoie

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • Pederson

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Sutter

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Gagner

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • Caggiula

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Bourgault

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Petrov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (specify in a post)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • None of them makes the team, we'll start with 11 forwards

Votes: 8 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Seravalli said he thought Hall was going to get flipped the moment he was traded to Chicago. It seemed to me that Seravalli thinks Hall could get moved. He was surprised at Stauffer's mention of two 2sts though. And I would agree, that's too much.
Davidson in Chicago is apparently on record as telling the high price veteran acquisitions that he will accommodate any trade requests if any find the losing too much. It's reasonable to think Hall going from the penthouse to the outhouse might hear his biological clock ticking to want to compete for a Cup. Trading 2 first round picks for him? Crazy talk. The high scoring Oiler prioritizing depth scoring over goal suppression and defending help to burn its precious limited draft collateral? Defies logic.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
If Sutter impresses that basically means we have to either trade Lavoie, or send him/Holloway down. It sucks we can only roll out a 21 man roster. I dont see Lavoie making it through waivers. Would montreal or arizona maybe give up a 3rd round pick for him?
I’m interested to see how many games Lavoie gets and who he plays with. Have a feeling, he aint going to get much to work with. I think he will be hitting waivers.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just watched the pre-game raw (09.25.23) w/ Lavoie. Does he hate Spec or does he look at everyone that way?
I didnt really get that sense. But it felt like a bit of sad interview to me. He had a great year last year in the AHL. But kind of feels like he has no shot here.

Reactions: Shathar

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Anyone mention Stauffer's hint that the Oilers could try to bring in Hall at 50% at the deadline if Holloway doesn't take the next step this year? It seemed more than just speculation, but Bob also knows how to pull certain strings. Anyways, I thought it was an interesting idea. (He said it would cost two 1sts, one for Hall and one for the two-year retention at 50%.)

Halls house will come in useful then.

Did Hall's house get built though?

I just figured out your new forum name.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Kinda. We still couldn’t ice a 22 man roster regardless but accruing an extra 100k over an entire season would have been nice I guess. I don’t think his contract is that big of a deal.
In a flap cap league every dollar counts. Especially when it comes to the plug in players. Unless he does great then I agree it matters very little.

Or maybe I’m wrong and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Why do people think Lavoie is going to easily clear waivers? There's no chance he doesn't get picked up by someone, imo. MTL for sure.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Why do people think Lavoie is going to easily clear waivers? There's no chance he doesn't get picked up by someone, imo. MTL for sure.
Yeah I agree, he’s huge, gets to scoring areas and has a great shot. Put up some decent ahl numbers last year with good underlying numbers as well. Someone would take a flyer on him.

I’d like to see them cycle the young guys into the top 6 early in the season see if someone can click and also to spread out guys like Hyman, Brown and RNH over 3 lines. They all play special teams so if we can keep their 5v5 minutes down early in the year it will likely benefit us down the stretch.

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad