Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: Cap Gymnastics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Lucic is a player we will reap some value in if we ever win again, he is a vet, who doesn’t want to be here, who doesn’t care on a losing team. If we are a playoff team I think they will see some value then, not 6Mil, but not nothing
If he doesn't want to be here now, he doesn't deserve to be here if they're ever competitive. Lucic is done, he's finished with Hockey, he needs to figure that out

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Lucic is a player we will reap some value in if we ever win again, he is a vet, who doesn’t want to be here, who doesn’t care on a losing team. If we are a playoff team I think they will see some value then, not 6Mil, but not nothing

I think his issues are that he's just not good.

Winning or losing team he's just not good and that's the issue not the team.

Reactions: frag2

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Benning for Brown
8th + Gagner + Manning (250k retained) for Rakell
2 2nds + Khaira for JT Miller + Stephens

Nuge/Drai - Mcdavid - Chiasson
Rakell - Drai/Nuge - Miller
Benson - Stephens - Brown
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian

Sign Spurgeon next offseason for D

North

Jun 25, 2009
Benning for Brown

I’d rather keep the 8th. Expansion draft exemption is important.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I’d rather keep the 8th. Expansion draft exemption is important.
In that scenario I was going for a "improve the forwards as much as you can for next season" kinda approach.

How do you feel about the value and the players acquired? I think that's a good forward group. Our scoring woes would probably be over

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Benning for Brown

I don’t see Anaheim being interested in that Rakell deal. Adding Gagner and Manning to it actually devalues the 8th OA.

Wonder if that Benning for Brown swap happens? I think it was rumoured at the TD.

Sounds like Miller could be had with TB needing to shred salary.

North

Jun 25, 2009
In that scenario I was going for a "improve the forwards as much as you can for next season" kinda approach.

How do you feel about the value and the players acquired? I think that's a good forward group. Our scoring woes would probably be over

I like Rakell. I've liked him since his draft year. I was hoping he'd slip to the Oilers second round pick but I think because the expansion draft is a thing that draft pick is far more valuable to us for the future beyond next season.

Benning for Brown was discussed by the teams during the trade deadline and I hope the teams revisit that idea. Brown would help with our forward issues and trading Benning would open up space for one of the guys bubbling under in Bakersfield.

Miller is a good idea and I don't mind the value. TB is going to be looking to get some cap space so we might be able to get a good deal for him.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
What do you guys think the defense looks like next season?

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - (trade)
Sekera - Jones/Bouchard
Vet UFA

I could see a revolving door of Bouchard and Jones, possibly Bear if he isn't dealt in a package for a winger.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Sucks hearing that Ilya Mikheyev is likely signing with Toronto, it's hard to imagine us patching all of our holes through free agency and internally, a couple quality free agent signings from Europe could help us quite a bit.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Friedman mentioned Mathieu Perreault as someone who could be available from the Jets in his 31 thoughts. Perreault would be a player I'd target.

Reactions: belair

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
27. Great line from one executive on Pat Maroon: “He’s a dinosaur, but there’s no one left who knows how to play against a dinosaur.” Anyone could have had him in both free agency and when the Blues made him available. No one bit, and now he’s unstoppable down low.

Reactions: Duke74

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think his issues are that he's just not good.

Winning or losing team he's just not good and that's the issue not the team.
The bigger issue is that he doesn't give a shit. He just floats around out there not engaged at all. When he actually gets the puck he's slow to make a play with it and/or turns it over. He could at the very least be hauling ass out there and running people over, sticking up for teammates etc. He would be able to produce as a 3rd line player if he showed some heart.

His contract should be terminated. That's what I would offer him or else he sits in the press box every game.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
27. Great line from one executive on Pat Maroon: “He’s a dinosaur, but there’s no one left who knows how to play against a dinosaur.” Anyone could have had him in both free agency and when the Blues made him available. No one bit, and now he’s unstoppable down low.
I'd try to sign him this summer. He's cheap and very good with Connor. Also a great guy to have in the room.

If that means we have to put Lucic's ass in the press box cause we'd be too slow.... Good, that's where he belongs anyway.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I'd try to sign him this summer. He's cheap and very good with Connor. Also a great guy to have in the room.

If that means we have to put Lucic's ass in the press box cause we'd be too slow.... Good, that's where he belongs anyway.

He's probably playing well enough to get a new deal but maybe they can try to snag someone like Fabri for cheap?

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Stauffer said recently he thinks both Jones and Lagesson make the team next year.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Stauffer said recently he thinks both Jones and Lagesson make the team next year.

Well Jones can play RHD so he might be bottom pair, yeah.

If LHD we have Klef/Nurse/Sekera/Russell so not exactly sure where Lagesson slots in.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hopefully this is the summer the Oilers land Pk Subban. With a good offseason we could go from bottom feeder to real threat in short order

Landing Subban would take a good GM because a) wed have to get him for a reasonable price and b) wed have to offload Lucic/Russell/other deadweight to free up cap space. But a top 6 with Klefbom, Subban, Nurse, Larsson, Sekera and Bouchard is a playoff calibre D core

For me, id be more than willing to start with the 8th overall pick

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Yeah for what? Not much value in him plus that wonderful NTC clause that he can enact.
Russel has value. Has a 10 team list. Hopefully we can move him. Helps tons on the back end if he is gone.

Keep Benning and hope for a health defense and one or two of the kids to push for a spot.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Hopefully this is the summer the Oilers land Pk Subban. With a good offseason we could go from bottom feeder to real threat in short order

Landing Subban would take a good GM because a) wed have to get him for a reasonable price and b) wed have to offload Lucic/Russell/other deadweight to free up cap space. But a top 6 with Klefbom, Subban, Nurse, Larsson, Sekera and Bouchard is a playoff calibre D core

For me, id be more than willing to start with the 8th overall pick

No thanks unless they take Sekera or Lucic. Cant afford PK.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Katz just needs to entice him to go away . Give his wife a job on the board of governors at 6 million a year for 4 years . She doesn't have to even show up . Waive Lucic for the purpose of termination of his contract

Last edited:
Reactions: fuswald
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad