Khaira-Cave-Currie
Gambardella Brodziak

Nurse-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson
Kulikov-Jones
Bear

Koskinen
Stolatz

Two real scoring lines + two actual pairings. If goalies hold up that is a contending team.
How about start with making a realistic trade proposal

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
CBJ doesn't even blink at that. Foudy is a blue-chip prospect for them.

I also think we need to stop dreaming about Hall coming back.
And Jones is pretty much a top pairing Dman in the AHL.. borderline AHL Allstar.
Seth will probably put in a good word as well.. if anything CBJ may need to add.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Going a little outside the box here but just so everyone knows by saying Lucic is a serviceable player at 3 million we are all basically agreeing that he is only overpaid by 3 million$. We can build a hockey team with him on it in other words. It is NOT necessary to dump him to build this team.

Can you find a comparable player for Lucic at $3M?

(The reason you can't is because they've all been phased out of the league)

North

Jun 25, 2009
Can you find a comparable player for Lucic at $3M?

(The reason you can't is because they've all been phased out of the league)

No, the thing is when Lucic was effective there wasn't a comparable player to him.

The problem now is that he is seems disinterested. There is no reason to believe he couldn't turn the tide of a game with a big hit like a Wilson or a Reaves but he just doesn't want to.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
No, the thing is when Lucic was effective there wasn't a comparable player to him.

The problem now is that he is seems disinterested. There is no reason to believe he couldn't turn the tide of a game with a big hit like a Wilson or a Reaves but he just doesn't want to.

He could. But he won't. At least not with an Oilers jersey on

When your captain, best player in the world, gets elbowed in the face and all you do is sit back, there's no room for this kind of "character"

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Marcus Foligno and Ryan Reaves.

Those guys are difference makers though and have positive effects on their teams

Reaves is the Vegas policeman and sticks up for teammates
Foligno is an emotional leader on and off the ice

I would really say either are comparable to Lucic

Last edited:
Reactions: frag2

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Fiv e trades to help us get depth-

Neal for Lucic + 3rd
Brown for Benning
Subban + Jarnkork for RNH + Russell
Zucker for Gagner Puljujarvi + 2nd
Kulikov (2 mil retained) + Ehlers for Sekera + 8th

Ehlers-McDavid-Brown
Zucker-Draisaitl-Neal
Benson-Jarnkrok-Kassian
Khaira-Cave-Currie
Gambardella Brodziak

Nurse-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson
Kulikov-Jones
Bear

Koskinen
Stolatz

Two real scoring lines + two actual pairings. If goalies hold up that is a contending team.
Lucky for you you posted that in HFOil.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Just wanted to post this .

Likely still in the mix for the GM position in Edmonton are London Knights general manager Mark Hunter, current Vegas Golden Knights assistant general manager Kelly McCrimmon and Montreal Canadiens pro scout Sean Burke, who was also a GM for Canada at the 2018 Winter Olympics.

I would think Keith Gretzky would be the 4th

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Just wanted to post this .

Likely still in the mix for the GM position in Edmonton are London Knights general manager Mark Hunter, current Vegas Golden Knights assistant general manager Kelly McCrimmon and Montreal Canadiens pro scout Sean Burke, who was also a GM for Canada at the 2018 Winter Olympics.

I would think Keith Gretzky would be the 4th
Don't get the love for Vegas GM prospects. Vegas was basically gifted 4 second lines of forward 3 second lines of D. Team went deep because of the high average strength of the team. Then went out and made trades and got worse.
Pass on these.

Keith Gretzky was involved in making our current team and was trained by the worst.
Pass on him.

Krueger is a maybe to me.

Very difficult decision ahead.

Coach is easier. Woodcroft or Nelson that's it. Nuff of the old coaches. Hitchcock should be a consultant or assistant in the sky.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Don't get the love for Vegas GM prospects. Vegas was basically gifted 4 second lines of forward 3 second lines of D. Team went deep because of the high average strength of the team. Then went out and made trades and got worse.
Pass on these.

Keith Gretzky was involved in making our current team and was trained by the worst.
Pass on him.

Krueger is a maybe to me.

Very difficult decision ahead.

Coach is easier. Woodcroft or Nelson that's it. Nuff of the old coaches. Hitchcock should be a consultant or assistant in the sky.
Krueger was never an option and made that clear in two separate quotes weeks ago.....:huh:

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
The Lucic issue is that he's barely an NHL player. The 6M is another matter. The Oilers need to make the playoffs first and having Lucic as a boatanchor - the player not the contract - may well be a factor preventing the team from getting back to the playoffs. I hope that if he's on the roster next year the coach is empowered to put him in the pressbox.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Lucic issue is that he's barely an NHL player. The 6M is another matter. The Oilers need to make the playoffs first and having Lucic as a boatanchor - the player not the contract - may well be a factor preventing the team from getting back to the playoffs. I hope that if he's on the roster next year the coach is empowered to put him in the pressbox.
Lucic, at his current level, is still an above average fourth liner. He contributes to possession and is one of the more physical wingers in the league.

There's a significant gap between the player he should be at his salary and the player he is, but I don't buy any of this buyout or pressbox nonsense. There are worse players on the roster.

Reactions: iCanada

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Lucic, at his current level, is still an above average fourth liner. He contributes to possession and is one of the more physical wingers in the league.

There's a significant gap between the player he should be at his salary and the player he is, but I don't buy any of this buyout or pressbox nonsense. There are worse players on the roster.

Agreed. Most teams have a mediocre contract or 2 adding up to 6M, sometimes more. He's not the real reason our cap is ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad