Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: Cap Gymnastics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Lucic, at his current level, is still an above average fourth liner. He contributes to possession and is one of the more physical wingers in the league.

There's a significant gap between the player he should be at his salary and the player he is, but I don't buy any of this buyout or pressbox nonsense. There are worse players on the roster.
I disagree, because the Lucic I watched by the end of the season was player who decided he was finished playing competitive hockey and was going through the motions. He has enough talent and athleticism to manage his "showing" but the end of the year, but it was clear he was not putting forth anything but the absolute minimal effort.

Essential, Lucic has decided he's done emotionally, while not realizing it mentally, and that player, at any contract, is utterly useless.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Interesting that the Canes were able to get a 2nd for Fox and conditional 3rd. I wouldn't have given anything as it seems like a foregone conclusion he's gone to sign with them.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Interesting that the Canes were able to get a 2nd for Fox and conditional 3rd. I wouldn't have given anything as it seems like a foregone conclusion he's gone to sign with them.
It's likely he signs this year, they wouldn't have offered that without knowing he'd play this season.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Sekera is fine. Russell is tolerable, though definitely not ideal.

Lucic is still a Top 5 worst contract in the league though.

The are lots worse that are largely overlooked. Top 5 is a huge over dramatic reach, imo.

Off the top of my head;

Callahan. Turris. Kessler. Backes. Eriksson. Ryan.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The are lots worse that are largely overlooked. Top 5 is a huge over dramatic reach, imo.

Off the top of my head;

Callahan. Turris. Kessler. Backes. Eriksson. Ryan.

Eh, it's up there. Turris and Ryan can still contribute, so I don't think they belong there.

Kesler, Eriksson, Okposo, and Neal are all up there. Backes and Callahan are shorter term deals so I wouldn't include them.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Eh, it's up there. Turris and Ryan can still contribute, so I don't think they belong there.

Kesler, Eriksson, Okposo, and Neal are all up there. Backes and Callahan are shorter term deals so I wouldn't include them.

Turris scored less than Lucic this year.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
No. Turris was awful last year too.

An injured turris had a decent points per 60 on a low offence team. If he came here the best case scenario is he becomes core top 6 contributor for a long time, the worst case is he covers our 3rd line C hole that we need to fill, and he could do it better than anyone we have had in a while. I dont care if his contract is longer id make that trade ASAP, as long as he gets cleared by medical. LUCIC's very existence is an existential threat to our organization. Terminate his tenure here- with extreme prejudice.

Proko88

May 6, 2010
Larsson for Kapanen
RNH for (puck moving RHD)
Maybe... Benning for Brown
Time to shake things up a bit.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I don't really know how bad those guys are to be honest. LTIR seems where they are destined.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I disagree, because the Lucic I watched by the end of the season was player who decided he was finished playing competitive hockey and was going through the motions. He has enough talent and athleticism to manage his "showing" but the end of the year, but it was clear he was not putting forth anything but the absolute minimal effort.

Essential, Lucic has decided he's done emotionally, while not realizing it mentally, and that player, at any contract, is utterly useless.

Lucic is a player we will reap some value in if we ever win again, he is a vet, who doesn’t want to be here, who doesn’t care on a losing team. If we are a playoff team I think they will see some value then, not 6Mil, but not nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad