Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: “I’d buy that for a dollar!!!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Couple of shitty former Oilers D on waivers in Lagesson and Oesterle. Is there really no interest?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
His speed. Not fast enough for top 6. That’s still good cause he still fills a need. We need a 2RW and a top 4 D
You’re basing this off of one game. I guarantee you haven’t seen him play on Anaheim other than the times we played them

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Although the bottom 6 did socre a goal (Perry) I dont think its a good idea to factor in tonights game when judging the team

The team is going to need to adjust to the changes. There may be a few more changes tomorrow as well.
For sure, it's going to take a lot more than 1 game to properly evaluate the new guys. My post was more in regards to a longer term issue of way too much dependency on McDrai, it's tiring watching the same exact thing play out year after year. This franchise just has a way of getting the least out of their depth players for the most part for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: guymez

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
It's weird because the Oilers, on paper, should have more scoring throughout the lineup but it never translates to on ice results. It ALWAYS goes back to McDrai having to shoulder almost the entire load year after year outside of last year mainly.

As far as Carrier and Eberle are concerned. I think there's a slight chance they land Eberle although I lean towards him being extended but I just can't see Carrier happening.
It's the way we play. We do not go into the paint enough. We will take a lot of shots, but never get back to the rebounds, etc. Too much perimeter play

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Team needs a goalie and/or D or we're sunk.

Lol @ bringing Eberle back, possibly the only player softer than Nuge. He got so much hate around here before being jettisoned for his floating and disengaged play.
You must be drunk or dont watch other teams.

Eberle is 100x more grittier than Nuge lol. You kidding me? He was throwing hits on Zadarov and wins much more board battles than Nuge

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
For sure, it's going to take a lot more than 1 game to properly evaluate the new guys. My post was more in regards to a longer term issue of way too much dependency on McDrai, it's tiring watching the same exact thing play out year after year. This franchise just has a way of getting the least out of their depth players for the most part for as long as I can remember.
Yeah...that makes sense. It must be very hard for Knoblauch to resist (no coach before him has been able to resisit) putting Draisaitl and McDavid together in regulation time.
The 2nd line has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I also like to think of lines in pairs.
McDavid and Hyman work really well together. The issue is that aside from McDavid there really hasnt been a player that meshes with Drai. I am hopeful that Henrique might be that player.
He is a legit 25 goal scorer and he has never played with a player of Drais calibre before.
I hope that Knoblauch runs with that pairing for at least a few games. Maybe that will allow Kane to fit in on the 2nd line as well because in the big picture Kane makes this a better team when he gets more icetime. Thats especially true in the playoffs.

Reactions: TB12

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
You must be drunk or dont watch other teams.

Eberle is 100x more grittier than Nuge lol. You kidding me? He was throwing hits on Zadarov and wins much more board battles than Nuge
RNH hits this season, 37
Eberle hits this season, 20.

Drunk indeed.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Yeah...that makes sense. It must be very hard for Knoblauch to resist (no coach before him has been able to resisit) putting Draisaitl and McDavid together in regulation time.
The 2nd line has been an issue for as long as I can remember. I also like to think of lines in pairs.
McDavid and Hyman work really well together. The issue is that aside from McDavid there really hasnt been a player that meshes with Drai. I am hopeful that Henrique might be that player.
He is a legit 25 goal scorer and he has never played with a player of Drais calibre before.
I hope that Knoblauch runs with that pairing for at least a few games. Maybe that will allow Kane to fit in on the 2nd line as well because in the big picture Kane makes this a better team when he gets more icetime. Thats especially true in the playoffs.
The thing is if Drai wants 13million bucks, he better be meshing with somebody well.

RNH hits this season, 37
Eberle hits this season, 20.

Drunk indeed.
I watch a alot of their games. Eberle is much better along the boards and he goes to the front of net routinely

Reactions: McDoused

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
The thing is if Drai wants 13million bucks, he better be meshing with somebody well.

I watch a alot of their games. Eberle is much better along the boards and he goes to the front of net routinely
I mean you could say that about almost any player compared to Nuge lol.

Just don't think bringing Eberle back does us any good.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I mean you could say that about almost any player compared to Nuge lol.

Just don't think bringing Eberle back does us any good.
I am inclined to agree with that. He doesn move the needle much.
His 5x5 offence has dropped off and you sure dont bring in Eberle for added grit...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad