Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: “I’d buy that for a dollar!!!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
How can you judge by a one off game lol coming off a great game in Boston. This game means f*** all and they just didn't have it today, it happens to the best. So this game doesn't change anything lol they still need a top 6 winger maybe and a veteran solid D

It's the same defensive mistakes from the likes of Ceci that I can't stand.
Currently our defensive core is:
Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Desharnais
Kulak Ceci.

Desharnais has been fantastic this year, but long term for the playoffs, he is not a solution for the top 4 RHD. It's like putting a band aid on a wound that needs more than a band aid to be fully healed. Ceci has made the same exact defensive mistakes over and over again. This team's defensive core will get absolutely killed by the league's best forwards in the playoffs. Kenny still has until 1pm tomorrow to acquire the right piece or pieces, so I'm not gonna say anything about him until the clock reaches 0. But if all we acquire is only Henrique, Carrick, and Stetcher, then wtf is the meaning of Holland's "ALL IN."

Reactions: mkatcherin00

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Seattle had a window to communicate with pending ufas. If they signed anyone, that counted as their pick from that team. I’m pretty sure that’s how this went down. Stauffer was talking extension the weeks prior then went silent about it.

Right.

So if we didn't lose Larson we could have lost like Bouchard, McLeod or someone similar.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
It's the same defensive mistakes from the likes of Ceci that I can't stand.
Currently our defensive core is:
Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Desharnais
Kulak Ceci.

Desharnais has been fantastic this year, but long term for the playoffs, he is not a solution for the top 4 RHD. It's like putting a band aid on a wound that needs more than a band aid to be fully healed. Ceci has made the same exact defensive mistakes over and over again. This team's defensive core will get absolutely killed by the league's best forwards in the playoffs. Kenny still has until 1pm tomorrow to acquire the right piece or pieces, so I'm not gonna say anything about him until the clock reaches 0. But if all we acquire is only Henrique, Carrick, and Stetcher, then wtf is the meaning of Holland's "ALL IN."
I think you need to relax. They all played like crap today .

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
My guess is we have offers on the table. We aren’t being aggressive in negotiations but aren’t technically done.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
My guess is we have offers on the table. We aren’t being aggressive in negotiations but aren’t technically done.
This is how I see it too. I believe that Holland is looking for prices to come significantly down to pull the trigger on something but I doubt that he's actively looking to add.

Reactions: YakDavid

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Kouivinen is PPG in the Liiga, Ponomarev is a better Bourgault at this point. So not…awful but way less than expected.
The 1st is conditional on Carolina making the finals lol. Not getting a 1st from Carolina and some magic beans (not a single one of their top 5 prospects involced) for the top available is insane. We were ready to offer Broberg + Foegele + 1st

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The 1st is conditional on Carolina winning the cup lol. Not getting a 1st from Carolina and some magic beans (not a single one of their top 5 prospects involced) for the top available is insane. We were ready to offer Broberg + Foegele + 1st
I don’t actually believe we were ready to offer that.

No. Could have left Kassian unprotected.
It wouldn’t have mattered. Team clearly had chats with Larsson and he probably told them he wanted to go. Protecting a ufa isn’t smart.

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia