Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: “I’d buy that for a dollar!!!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Adding a top 6 RW that shoots right and seamlessly slides into our lineup and has excellent playoff experience and stats doesn’t help us?
Did nothing for us in 2016 playoffs, old, slow, floater. Reason we moved on from him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I mean you could say that about almost any player compared to Nuge lol.

Just don't think bringing Eberle back does us any good.
Take a look at that right side in our forward group. Other than Hyman, what makes you think it's good? There's nothing wrong with adding another top six winger who can actually shoot right handed.

At this point, it's honestly the best we can do.

Hopefully Holland can pull this off tomorrow IF Seattle doesn't sign Eberle

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
All I know is that Holland has to find a way to make a deal for either a 2nd pairing Dman or top 6 winger tomorrow. This current group needs a shot in the arm
I’d say the chances are outrageously slim, but you never know.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
It's weird because the Oilers, on paper, should have more scoring throughout the lineup but it never translates to on ice results. It ALWAYS goes back to McDrai having to shoulder almost the entire load year after year outside of last year mainly.

As far as Carrier and Eberle are concerned. I think there's a slight chance they land Eberle although I lean towards him being extended but I just can't see Carrier happening.
McD is paid more than double everyone but Leon. He should be counted on to carry the team.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I mean you could say that about almost any player compared to Nuge lol.

Just don't think bringing Eberle back does us any good.
Ebs isn't even my first choice but I still see him as a net positive and I was one of the ons who shit on him alot when we traded him

Why aren't we talking about Jack Campbell's shutout from last night?

Gotta ride that tiger.
We will see him later on (well hopefully we won't need to) lol

Right wingers in order of preference

Buchnevich
Toffoli
Eberle

and that’s really it.
Yes please get one of these. In that order. But for the love of God gimme a miracle and get a dman

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's weird because the Oilers, on paper, should have more scoring throughout the lineup but it never translates to on ice results. It ALWAYS goes back to McDrai having to shoulder almost the entire load year after year outside of last year mainly.

As far as Carrier and Eberle are concerned. I think there's a slight chance they land Eberle although I lean towards him being extended but I just can't see Carrier happening.
Here’s the problem this year:

Kane has continued to decline.

RNH isn’t as good as last season.

That’s probably 20 goals right there.

McDrai are also not dominating to the same degree this year. McDavid can’t shoot properly and Drai’s aim isn’t the same.

That’s probably another 20 goals.

Last edited:

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Here’s the problem this year:

Kane has continued to decline.

RNH isn’t as good as last season.

That’s probably 20 goals right there.

Nuge is off his regular pace of 25-30 goals currently on pace for 22, Kane is on pace for 29 which around his career average of high 20s-low 30s. I think it was suspected for Nuge to regress back to his normal goal scoring levels. Overall the goal loss between the two is not that bad, though a goal in a tight game is a game changer.

McDavid and Draisaitl are down in goal scoring this season, on pace for 31 and 43 respectively. Theres 20 goals right there....

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Ebs isn't even my first choice but I still see him as a net positive and I was one of the ons who shit on him alot when we traded him

We will see him later on (well hopefully we won't need to) lol

Yes please get one of these. In that order. But for the love of God gimme a miracle and get a dman
Eberle wasn't my first choice either but we need something to get that second line going.

It's been a grand total of one game with the new additions but it sure didn't feel like we moved the needle after that stinker.

Bad plays from the guys receiving the most criticism this season reinforced a bunch of negative opinions.

Wrong thread but the Columbus game tonight was a kick in the junk.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Nuge is off his regular pace of 25-30 goals currently on pace for 22, Kane is on pace for 29 which around his career average of high 20s-low 30s. I think it was suspected for Nuge to regress back to his normal goal scoring levels. Overall the goal loss between the two is not that bad, though a goal in a tight game is a game changer.

McDavid and Draisaitl are down in goal scoring this season, on pace for 31 and 43 respectively. Theres 20 goals right there....

The real question is how the hell are they on pace for 31 and 43 goals after having to play with Connor Brown for so many games

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Dissapointing if that was it for Holland. Even beyond that, this is likely Holland's last year as a GM before retirement. You'd think he'd be more all-in just because of that.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kane's overall game has declined, but his goal scoring so far this year is exactly at his career average GPG.
He’s not able to forecheck or control pucks as well. He also can’t pass at all. Any line with him on it is basically one and done in the offensive zone. He’s a liability in the defensive zone too. I hope he works on his skating over the summer as he needs speed to be effective.

It’s a big reason why the PP isn’t as good this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad