Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: “I’d buy that for a dollar!!!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
id-buy-that-for-a-dollar-robocop.gif

Current thread is well over 100 pages, so with the trade chatter picking up it might be a bit easier to keep track of rumors and trades in a new thread.

Quick recap of today:
-Gagner on waivers
-Corporate LTIR acquired Mantha
-The Oil might be more than just kicking tires on Guentzel. Also Henrique.
-Vancouver has soiled themselves over the Oil and are now trying to pedal Lindholm to get Guentzel (wankers)
-Holland as usual, keeping his cards close to the chest.

Let’s see if Holland can pull off a bigger win than the Oilers did tonight in Bawstun.

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
I'm beginning to lower my expectations this deadline

I just don't see Holland willing to pony up with the current prices

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
This happens every year, at the end of the day the prices come down because if you're selling you're selling, you're not going to lose a guy for nothing because you couldn't get your initial ask.

Oilers will find something, I'm not sure I can remember the last time the Oilers media was this positive about multiple moves happening.

Reactions: Oilhawks

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Name an RD on a team out of playoff position who is available, and is a solid upgrade on Cody Ceci.

Nashville and Philadelphia are now in playoff position.

Connor Murphy? Isn't he more of a #4?

Nick Jensen? I think this might be it, but are the Caps trading him?

That might be the end of the list.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Burn the boats. Time to go all in. Looking forward to seeing what we pull off. Appreciate that the Oilers camp is pretty tight lipped for the most part. Holland doesn't show his cards.

Reactions: soothsayer

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Anthony Duclair hasn’t been mentioned too much. He’s slaying Dallas right now with 2 goals and 2 assists.
Might be a decent add and we do have the Mike Grier connection which could help a bit if we want some extra retention.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Anthony Duclair hasn’t been mentioned too much. He’s slaying Dallas right now with 2 goals and 2 assists.
Might be a decent add and we do have the Mike Grier connection which could help a bit if we want some extra retention.
He has always looked slick out there when I watch SJ.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
He has always looked slick out there when I watch SJ.

Same. Haven’t watched him too much this season but the few times I have he’s been a driver offensively. He did pot 31 goals a couple of seasons ago so he does have the ability to score goals. Might be a sneaky good pickup for cheap instead of gutting our prospect depth for a a few months of Guentzel

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Lol the way the media in Calgary is lamblasting Hanifin right now is the most Lowe/EIG shit I've seen since Lowe and EIG.

It's going to get ugly in Calgary.
Those idiots should be sitting him lol. Morons. I bet he is just forcing his way to Tampa only. Good job Noah

I am personally never into the draft whatsoever. I have no idea who is going #1 until I hear it or read it.

Has anybody here ever kept a list of their own picks they would have made going back years? to compare who we actually picked? That would be funny. I bet you would have had more success than what we have done.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Those idiots should be sitting him lol. Morons. I bet he is just forcing his way to Tampa only. Good job Noah

I mean the ridiculous thing is like... If you really wanted it to be better, you think you'd just placate him for the week and if you're really pretty throw him under the bus afterwards.

Even throwing him under the bus after is pretty petty and players notice that kind of thing. But good lord, they need him to sign off on a trade or they're pissing away assets. Why would you actively antagonize him?!

If you're Hanifin you just know that it's the Flames directly leaking all this shit to the media so like... At a certain point I'd just refuse to be traded any where and tell Conroy and Edwards where he can shove it. 😂

mooseman7

Jan 10, 2004
Visit site
Name an RD on a team out of playoff position who is available, and is a solid upgrade on Cody Ceci.

Nashville and Philadelphia are now in playoff position.

Connor Murphy? Isn't he more of a #4?

Nick Jensen? I think this might be it, but are the Caps trading him?

That might be the end of the list.
Provorov ? Better than Ceci for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: