Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: “I’d buy that for a dollar!!!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Because they lost 1 game after winning 5?

The main concern is the current defensive core especially slotting VD in a top four and Ceci still being absolute ass no matter what pairing he's on. I worry for the team based on the defense in the playoffs ASSUMING Holland makes no further moves from the end of the TDL.

It's essentially the same D from last year except players like Ceci got even worse. Stecher is a nice add, but at most, he's just a 7th dman and a 7th dman isn't gonna help this team on a significant level. Going through a potential 3rd playoff run with Ceci is just asking for a 1st/2nd round playoff exit again. Of course things can change like the Oilers trading for Carrier, but I don't know if I have enough faith in Holland to do so. Henrique, Carrick, and Stecher are good adds, and made this team better, but defensively wise, its still the same shit. Especially Ceci who got feasted upon by MacKinnon, Rantanen, Makar, Kempe, Stone, Marcheassault, and Eichel from the past 2 playoffs. Ceci needs to be gone and I can't stress that enough. I don't care if he's good friends with the likes of Draisaitl. Barrie was loved by everyone in the team, but the trade involving Ekholm changed the whole complexion of this team. f*** the friendships, the cup matters more.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The main concern is the current defensive core especially slotting VD in a top four and Ceci still being absolute ass no matter what pairing he's on. I worry for the team based on the defense in the playoffs ASSUMING Holland makes no further moves from the end of the TDL.

It's essentially the same D from last year except players like Ceci got even worse. Stecher is a nice add, but at most, he's just a 7th dman and a 7th dman isn't gonna help this team on a significant level. Going through a potential 3rd playoff run with Ceci is just asking for a 1st/2nd round playoff exit again.
Considering how thin the RHD market is this year, Ceci could actually return a decent amount.

It’d take some creativity from Holland though.

Trade Ceci for some assets then use the cap space and assets to trade for a better RHD. He’d have to work two separate trades. Probably can’t do it lol.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Considering how thin the RHD market is this year, Ceci could actually return a decent amount.

It’d take some creativity from Holland though.

Trade Ceci for some assets then use the cap space and assets to trade for a better RHD.

Exactly. It's just so WTF to know that this team got Henrique 75% retained, Carrick 50% retained, sent Holloway down for extra cap, tried to trade Ceci for Tanev days ago, and now we're gonna settle with Stecher for the 7th and think our 6D core is fine the way it is? f*** that noise, man.

I've had enough of watching Ceci kill plays in the offensive zone, turn over the puck and getting hemmed in the defensive zone, getting caught for odd man rushes against, and leaving his goalie and defensive partner out to dry by being out of position. Move his ass and acquire a 2RHD.

Reactions: Cloned

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Holland has decided to risk it all on this d-corps, Ceci and all. I'm not expecting a deal for a D tomorrow.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I think Holland has decided to risk it all on this d-corps, Ceci and all. I'm not expecting a deal for a D tomorrow.

I'm not expecting it either. I'm guessing they're waiting to see if Seattle re-signs Eberle. If not, they'll try to acquire him. Either way, this dcore is gross.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not asking him to do it all. Carrying the team means doing more than the others and taking the lead.

Does this team have any consistent scoring from any one of their 3 other lines that don't have McDavid on it? Doesn't seem like it.

RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto went on that little tear for a while once upon a time several years ago, then never got it back.

McLeod Draisaitl Foegele I guess had some games this year, but this stuff is never consistent, within 4-5 games the offense dries up and the coaching staff goes sniffing elsewhere, rinse, wash, repeat.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm not expecting it either. I'm guessing they're waiting to see if Seattle re-signs Eberle. If not, they'll try to acquire him. Either way, this dcore is gross.

I think they should have gone after Chychrun or Provorov, even if they are left D.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I know this has been asked, but I don't feel like combing through 50 pages of discussion ... Eberle at double retention is someone we could fit in, or would Foegele or someone have to go out?

I guess we could just run 12 forwards + 7 D the rest of the way too ...

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I know this has been asked, but I don't feel like combing through 50 pages of discussion ... Eberle at double retention is someone we could fit in, or would Foegele or someone have to go out?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Someone would have to go out. Wouldn’t necessarily have to be Foegele though. Brown would be enough.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
My only real hope for today is a proper D upgrade on Ceci I've held firmly that above everything is the most critical need for us.

With respect to the winger discussion I love Ebs obviously from his time here, but I never found him to have great chemistry with either of McDavid or Drai, time has passed and all have matured and evolved their game so it might work now, but I'm still a bit worried they won't match stylistically. I don't even consider Buchnevich a possibility the ask is too high. I like Toffoli, but his defensive game worries me.

I think the value pick-up winger for us would be Jack Roslovic, I see very few interested parties even with retention, incredibly frustrating player with his effort level all over the place, but we could use some more speed in the line-up and he's definitely talented enough to hang in a top 9 role when he's rolling. I think it might be a case like Mantha who only performs his best when fighting for that next contract, difference is Mantha has been going for most of the year and Roslovic has been rolling for about a month.

On paper Foegele has been straight up better than Roslovic and more deserving of elevation up the line-up, but a Kane - Drai - Roslovic line seems like it would more offensively potent than Kane - Drai- Foegele despite what the numbers say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille