Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: “I’d buy that for a dollar!!!” Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Wonder what goalie the Avs go for tomorrow. Frank and marek said they will get one 100%

Now that is all in

And they have a cup

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It wouldn’t have mattered. Team clearly had chats with Larsson and he probably told them he wanted to go. Protecting a ufa isn’t smart.
IIRC thats pretty much how it went down.
There was nothing that the Oilers could have done to entice him to stay.
It was nothing more than a personal decision for Larsson.
He simply needed a change.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So when is the deadline tomorrow, noon Edmonton time? Or noon Vancouver time?

I think it will be somebody else

Man we really need some bottom 6 scoring

Nucks have 2 goals from bottom sixers tonight
I mean they also have 30 shots in 2 periods.

Dashh

Oct 26, 2013
Team needs a goalie and/or D or we're sunk.

Lol @ bringing Eberle back, possibly the only player softer than Nuge. He got so much hate around here before being jettisoned for his floating and disengaged play.

Reactions: Duke74

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Absolute hot shit garbage return for Pittsburgh imo. They don't get a 1st unless the Canes make the cup final

Vegas has filed an official complaint with the league. A team spokesman said ' we were told when we paid our 500 M that we could do whatever the f**k we wanted, and that we had complete impunity. So far the league has let us do whatever we wanted to, and didn't interfere. But this is just wrong, and unacceptable. We were hoping to trade for 10 players, and offer nothing in return, and it looks like we will only be able to get 9 of the 10. We offered the Pens a 7th rounder in 2031, which is more than we offered any other team in our trades so far. The way our team has been treated over this attempted player acquisition is beyond unfair, and we are tired of being singled out and denied players. Okay, this was the first time ever, but it's still unfair.'

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
IIRC thats pretty much how it went down.
There was nothing that the Oilers could have done to entice him to stay.
It was nothing more than a personal decision for Larsson.
He simply needed a change.
Yes his fathers death and the fans always bringing up hall combined with up and down play year to year broke him. He needed to leave for his mental health.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think it will be somebody else

Man we really need some bottom 6 scoring

Nucks have 2 goals from bottom sixers tonight
Outside of the Pittsburgh game which was like playing an AHL team, the Oilers bottom 6 (bottom 9 really) has been virtually non-existent offensively for over a month. I'm sure Henrique will be better as he acclimates to the team but boy was he frighteningly bad tonight.

The Oilers, for a Cup contender, have a lot of holes. Teams like Colorado, Dallas, Vegas and Vancouver look way more complete, Winnipeg too now that I think about it. The Oilers have McDavid though and that's what keeps them afloat. Imagine if they didn't win the McLottery? Shudder

Reactions: mkatcherin00

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Yes his fathers death and the fans always bringing up hall combined with up and down play year to year broke him. He needed to leave for his mental health.
Yeah...I dont think that it had much to do with Hall.
I am pretty sure it was all about his fathers passing.

Reactions: McDoused

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Outside of the Pittsburgh game which was like playing an AHL team, the Oilers bottom 6 (bottom 9 really) has been virtually non-existent offensively for over a month. I'm sure Henrique will be better as he acclimates to the team but boy was he frighteningly bad tonight.

The Oilers, for a Cup contender, have a lot of holes.
Carrier and Eberle would go a long way to putting players in their proper slots.

Kane isn’t a Top 6 player anymore, Ceci isn’t a Top 4 defenseman anymore.

Reactions: fresh meat

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

The Oilers, for a Cup contender, have a lot of holes. Teams like Colorado, Dallas, Vegas and Vancouver look way more complete. The Oilers have McDavid though and that's what keeps them afloat. Imagine if they didn't win the McLottery? Shudder
And people kept saying Henrique should be in our top 6 lol
Holland needs to bring in a top 6 player and a top 4 D

Reactions: Duke74

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

The Oilers, for a Cup contender, have a lot of holes. Teams like Colorado, Dallas, Vegas and Vancouver look way more complete. The Oilers have McDavid though and that's what keeps them afloat. Imagine if they didn't win the McLottery? Shudder
I think that’s why getting a top 6 forward is so crucial. Like say we grab Buchnevich/Eberle

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
McLeod - Draisaitl - Buchnevich
Kane - Henrique - Perry
Janmark - Carrick - Ryan

That middle 6 should be able to do some damage.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Although the bottom 6 did socre a goal (Perry) I dont think its a good idea to factor in tonights game when judging the team

The team is going to need to adjust to the changes. There may be a few more changes tomorrow as well.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Carrier and Eberle would go a long way to putting players in their proper slots.

Kane isn’t a Top 6 player anymore, Ceci isn’t a Top 4 defenseman anymore.
It's weird because the Oilers, on paper, should have more scoring throughout the lineup but it never translates to on ice results. It ALWAYS goes back to McDrai having to shoulder almost the entire load year after year outside of last year mainly.

As far as Carrier and Eberle are concerned. I think there's a slight chance they land Eberle although I lean towards him being extended but I just can't see Carrier happening.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Absolute hot shit garbage return for Pittsburgh imo. They don't get a 1st unless the Canes make the cup final

All three prospects seem decent. Better than anything we even have in the system with the exception of Broberg maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad