Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What You See is What You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
@RaabHart , the glass houses thing, that's not how forums work at all.

Just because you have a **** team doesn't mean you can't comment on other **** teams.

On a side note, since great GM Chayka took over the Coyotes, they've been worse than the Oilers.

He may be building a good pipeline of prospects and Keller is great but I'm not convinced of anything until the roster he puts together actually makes some noise.

I'm starting to wonder if the Coyotes are part of some great NHL masterplan to bail out teams in cap trouble. Since Chayka took over, he seems to make interesting deals taking on cap space that doesn't actually get paid to build his prospect base, but then still ends up with nothing to show for those prospect.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Haha I will get torched for this but what about bringing in Letestu on a cheap deal? Could be the 13th forward....
I would at league min. Problem is does TM use him properly or continue to overplay him just because he is a good guy that listens?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Would be nice in key situations to put out Broadziak and Letestu for face offs in case one gets waived.

Still think Oilers should hire Oates as skills coach. Remember what he did with Stoll, Reasoner and Horcoff. We had the best FO percentage in the league if I am not mistaken....
Oates is living the life right now. Works with players a couple months a year and does whatever he wants after that.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm starting to wonder if the Coyotes are part of some great NHL masterplan to bail out teams in cap trouble. Since Chayka took over, he seems to make interesting deals taking on cap space that doesn't actually get paid to build his prospect base, but then still ends up with nothing to show for those prospect.
It's not, he's just not good is Chayka

Reactions: bone

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Would be nice in key situations to put out Broadziak and Letestu for face offs in case one gets waived.

Still think Oilers should hire Oates as skills coach. Remember what he did with Stoll, Reasoner and Horcoff. We had the best FO percentage in the league if I am not mistaken....

Drai just came off a top 10 finish in faceoff percentage. He's a better faceoff guy than Brodziak or Letestu have ever been. Also, once the puck is dropped, if the Oilers lose the faceoff I don't want Letestu out there. Too much of a defensive liability at this point in his career.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Drai just came off a top 10 finish in faceoff percentage. He's a better faceoff guy than Brodziak or Letestu have ever been. Also, once the puck is dropped, if the Oilers lose the faceoff I don't want Letestu out there. Too much of a defensive liability at this point in his career.

Agreed. Even the best faceoff men still lose about 4 out of 10 faceoffs which is still quite often. I'd rather have a guy who had the best odds to get the puck moving the other way when they lose than going all in on someone who's odds are still just slightly better than a coin flip that they'll win, but they have less odds to make the play getting the puck going the other way.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Not sure where to post this, but Stauffer had Matt Hendricks on today and it was a great interview. Listen to the podcast if you have a chance.

Afterwards, Stauffer talked for awhile about Hendricks being a glue guy and how the Oilers missed him this year. He specifically said that Hendricks could have helped out a LW looking for a contract and an LW on a long term contract.

That has to be Maroon and Lucic.

EDIT: Sorry misinterpreted Stauffer initially.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Not sure where to post this, but Stauffer had Matt Hendricks on today and it was a great interview. Listen to the podcast if you have a chance.

Afterwards, Stauffer talked for awhile about Hendricks being a glue guy and how the Oilers missed him this year. He specifically said that Hendricks could have resolved an issue between an LW looking for a contract and an LW on a long term contract.

That has to be Maroon and Lucic. Interesting, I wonder what was going on between them.

Maybe Lucic resented that Maroon was doing Lucic's job but better and for a fraction of the price?

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I can't believe I didn't know this. It was so shocking to me that I didn't even believe you and had to go look it up, lol. I knew he was good at faceoffs, but he was *dominant* last year. I wonder if he'll be able to keep anything close to that up, as that was quite the jump (7.1%) from his previous career best. He is big and strong, and young, so you'd hope that he could maintain a nice 52-53% pace, but I guess we'll see.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'd bet on the Coyotes to make the playoffs next season over us. Their roster is looking good and they were top 8 in the west after Christmas last season.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Oates is actually working with players not sitting in the pressbox drinking free booze with other NHL alumni.

well technically Coffey coached a team....he just got fired afterwards for some unnecessarily racist comments. ....I assume it had to do with the oilers though......which might as well be considered racism at this point in itself.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I'd bet on the Coyotes to make the playoffs next season over us. Their roster is looking good and they were top 8 in the west after Christmas last season.
As would I...

but not because the Coyotes area better team....

because

a) the NHL/owners makes more money if the American market grows
b) the agents make more money if the American market grows
c) the refs make more money if the American market grows
d) the players will make more money if the American market grows.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
As would I...

but not because the Coyotes area better team....

because

a) the NHL/owners makes more money if the American market grows
b) the agents make more money if the American market grows
c) the refs make more money if the American market grows
d) the players will make more money if the American market grows.
This is an embarrassing post.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can't believe I didn't know this. It was so shocking to me that I didn't even believe you and had to go look it up, lol. I knew he was good at faceoffs, but he was *dominant* last year. I wonder if he'll be able to keep anything close to that up, as that was quite the jump (7.1%) from his previous career best. He is big and strong, and young, so you'd hope that he could maintain a nice 52-53% pace, but I guess we'll see.

Yeah who knows. He was dominant in his last year in juniors is my understanding. Could be a case of a guy who just needed to get his timing down at the NHL level. Takes a lot of young players at least a couple years to figure out taking faceoffs in this league.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Spouting off about the league trying to rig games for Arizona is a joke. Not sure why some Oiler fans think there's some big conspiracy against this team, especially since the Oilers would be in Houston right now if it wasn't for Bettman.

theres no conspiracy.....theres just millions of dollars.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Feel free to provide some proof that the league is rigging games in favour of Arizona and against us then.

On the main board there is a thread the NHL is rigging the schedule for us. There is so much rigging going on! The NHl wants to rig the games for the smaller market teams, but at the same time they are also rigging it for Toronto, New York, LA and the big market teams.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Seriously? Rigging games in favor for Arizona. Them and Buffalo are probably the only teams to able challenge the Oilers as the worst franchises over the last five years.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
On the main board there is a thread the NHL is rigging the schedule for us. There is so much rigging going on! The NHl wants to rig the games for the smaller market teams, but at the same time they are also rigging it for Toronto, New York, LA and the big market teams.
That tired vs rested stuff won't help us much this season considering how difficults our opponents are during those first 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia