Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: What You See is What You Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Funny how Lucic apparently feuding with a teammate is not given much press. If that was Hall or Eberle or Draisaitl, people would be losing their goddamn minds. What great "leadership" he's bringing.

I literally haven't heard anything about this. Is probably the same person you heard the story about Nurse and Draisaitl

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Either way, a “leader” that brings problems to the locker room isn’t a leader at all, especially when it’s heavily rumoured he’s called quits in Edmonton. He’s supposed to be the one to glue the lockeUnlike someone who naively bought into the Oilers and wanted to spend his career here but got traded.

Lucic is supposed to be the one to mitigate these problems, not bring them.

Seriously why don't you post on HF Devils if you want to keep singing Hall's praises, he's been gone for 2 ****ing years already.

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd be pissed too if I had to sit on the bench and watch a guy with the big contract who plays the same position as me go out there and play like shit every night.

Chalk it up as another one of McLellan's brilliant ideas, though. Lucic playing like shit so what does he do? Gives him Maroon's spot on McDavid's wing to try and bust the slump. Some accountability there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il and frag2

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
So I did a capfriendly dealey.

-Drake Caggiula, Matt Benning and a 2nd 2019 for retained Gaborik and retained Pyatt.

~220k in cap space. and started looking at what cap would look like with bonuses coming....

Regardless of whether Gaborik is done or not....the problem I got to is .....with Bouchard they probably have 4 million ish in bonuses as I assume he will get at least 1 million+. Carrying over to next year and assuming the cap goes up to say 82 million then they will have what maybe 8 million to re-sign a starting goalie, extend Puljujarvi and add a guy like Reider. Also if they hit the bonuses in this scenario it would mean JP will get a nice raise. On the bright side if they hit the bonuses it means JP is useful and the D is set.

things i find curious;
-if the team is good they will have to move cap. considering the price for edmonton doing anything...i'd guess a 1st will go out.
-can they have the "best team" without optimizing JP and Bouchard?
-If Bouchard is really good then he might squeeze them up against the cap.....which might be a reason to keep him down for a year.
-maybe the same with JP especially if the cap is flat. instead of keeping him down maybe you're talking about limiting his offense or trading him.
-how close are they to actually not being able to find a starting goalie next year?

*walks away mumbling to himself*

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Maroon's feud should have been with McLellan and Woodcroft if anyone. Lucic glued to PP1 all season and McDavid 5v5 in the new year was 100% on their stupidity, and both moves were damaging to the season. PP for obvious reasons, and Lucic being allowed to tank the 1st line after the christmas break totally killed the teams shot after they got back to .500.

It really seemed to me all year that the Oilers were trying to punish Maroon for not signing. After it was rumoured the negotiations were dead, it seemed Maroon could no longer get a sniff of any ice time with McDavid on the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Quas

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Maroon probably wasn't keep on Lucic getting PP1 icetime and when Lucic was on McDavid's line in his contract year. Conversely Lucic signed here to ride shotgun with McDavid and for the most part hasn't done as well as he (or anyone) would like. If Lucic is back next season, he will likely need to do a lot or for there to be an injury to Nuge or Drai to get that chance again.

My take is pretty similar. Honestly, I wouldn't blame Maroon for feeling miffed. And he's pretty much handcuffed given Lucic = Chia's golden boy and TMac a buffoon with player management; it's lose lose regardless whomever he brings this up with.

God that Lucic albatross is getting worse and worse...the sooner we rid him, the better the team is.

Reactions: PGW

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
There was no fued. People just being negative and jumping on their whipping boys because their own lives suck so much so they feel the need to be negative towards others and spread it.

Seriously you people that are so negative show others your weakness. You are telling us that your lives suck in some way or that have insecurities about yourself and your self worth is low. People that have joy and success in other parts of their lives can put this game into perspective.

Anyways back to the whole misconception between Maroon and Lucic. What Stauffer said is that the team missed Hendricks because he’s a glue guy. He’s very positive and really appreciates playing this game. When he sees a player that is down due struggling on the ice he will pick them up and tell them to stop being down and negative because they are lucky to play this game.

So then he made the comment about “you think a couple LWs on the team with very strong personalities who are known to be vocal, one with a long term contract and one with a short term contract could have used a guy like Hendricks?”

He didn’t allude to rift or anything else. It was basically like above. I took it as Lucic and Maroon struggled and could have used a guy like Hendricks to remind them to be more positive instead of negative which probably impacted their teammates both on and off the ice.

Hendricks in his interview said it’s very difficult for players to play in Cdn markets. He said the media and some fans spread negativity and it’s hard not to let it affect you. He said it that he was shocked with the Oilers struggles last year. He said they were way to talented to have those results. He said other players on other teams felt the same way about the Oilers. He said he’s 100% sure the Oilers will rebound in a big way this year. Said team is way to talented to have those results.

It was refreshing to hear him say that about the Oil. Definitely very different then what we are saying about our team

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
There was no fued. People just being negative and jumping on their whipping boys because their own lives suck so much so they feel the need to be negative towards others and spread it.

Seriously you people that are so negative show others your weakness. You are telling us that your lives suck in some way or that have insecurities about yourself and your self worth is low. People that have joy and success in other parts of their lives can put this game into perspective.

Anyways back to the whole misconception between Maroon and Lucic. What Stauffer said is that the team missed Hendricks because he’s a glue guy. He’s very positive and really appreciates playing this game. When he sees a player that is down due struggling on the ice he will pick them up and tell them to stop being down and negative because they are lucky to play this game.

So then he made the comment about “you think a couple LWs on the team with very strong personalities who are known to be vocal, one with a long term contract and one with a short term contract could have used a guy like Hendricks?”

He didn’t allude to rift or anything else. It was basically like above. I took it as Lucic and Maroon struggled and could have used a guy like Hendricks to remind them to be more positive instead of negative which probably impacted their teammates both on and off the ice.

Hendricks in his interview said it’s very difficult for players to play in Cdn markets. He said the media and some fans spread negativity and it’s hard not to let it affect you. He said it that he was shocked with the Oilers struggles last year. He said they were way to talented to have those results. He said other players on other teams felt the same way about the Oilers. He said he’s 100% sure the Oilers will rebound in a big way this year. Said team is way to talented to have those results.

It was refreshing to hear him say that about the Oil. Definitely very different then what we are saying about our team

It's true. You don't go from a win away from the WCF to a dumpster fire because you trade away a parameter player, and let a healthy scratch go to FA.

This team came in reading the press clippings, and got a dose of reality. They are much better then we think. Not contenders yet, but not terrible.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Howabout people listen to Stauffer talking after the interview before commenting.

Even now I’m paraphrasing, but:

“Team missed him. Because he had a way, in my opinion, let’s say you have a couple of strong personalities, let’s say on LW, let’s say a guy that has a long term deal and a guy that was looking for a deal. He had a way of working with those guys and getting the best out of them, and I don’t think that occurred last year with him gone.”

Obviously from this, one can conclude that this Lucic and Maroon fued has been there for eons. Probably before they were even on the same team. I’m sure Looch blames Maroon for his Scheuermann's disease, and Anthony Maroon harbours deep resentment toward Lucic for separating his parents for reasons, a feeing that Maroon has mirrored.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Historians say the great Lucic Maroon feud goes back generations to when the first documented Lucics and Maroons walked the earth.

Lucic; I signed here to play with McDavid. I need to play with him in order to do that.
Maroon; I also would like to play with McDavid.
Lucic; I make 6 million dollars a year. I want to live up to that.
Maroon; I would like to make this in the near future and I need to live up to that.
Lucic; the fans and media hate me.
Maroon; my son lives in St. Louis.
Lucic; how about i buy you lunch?
Maroon; ...I guess....I guess Todd will probably play me up there soon anyway the way you've been whiffing on chances.
Lucic; ....lunch offer rescinded.
Maroon; how about we just go splits on some nachos?
Lucic; .......fine.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Lucic; I signed here to play with McDavid. I need to play with him in order to do that.
Maroon; I also would like to play with McDavid.
Lucic; I make 6 million dollars a year. I want to live up to that.
Maroon; I would like to make this in the near future and I need to live up to that.
Lucic; the fans and media hate me.
Maroon; my son lives in St. Louis.
Lucic; how about i buy you lunch?
Maroon; ...I guess....I guess Todd will probably play me up there soon anyway the way you've been whiffing on chances.
Lucic; ....lunch offer rescinded.
Maroon; how about we just go splits on some nachos?
Lucic; .......fine.
God they hate eachother so much that they are splitting nachos. The anger

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Lucic has always had awful 5v5 numbers with the Oilers, I’d be cautious on betting on him bouncing back, and even if he did it’ll most likely be attributed to a better PP and not a better Lucic.

We should (and we probably are) trading Lucic for whatever value he has left, because one more bad year and we have the rest of the contract in our hands.

And no, Bear and Bouchard should never be shoe-ins into the lineup. If they do well in the preseason and some stint of games, sure keep them up, but don’t go into the season thinking they’ll blow us away for sure.

You are really out to lunch if you think that is their plan for Lucic.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So I did a capfriendly dealey.

-Drake Caggiula, Matt Benning and a 2nd 2019 for retained Gaborik and retained Pyatt.

~220k in cap space. and started looking at what cap would look like with bonuses coming....

Regardless of whether Gaborik is done or not....the problem I got to is .....with Bouchard they probably have 4 million ish in bonuses as I assume he will get at least 1 million+. Carrying over to next year and assuming the cap goes up to say 82 million then they will have what maybe 8 million to re-sign a starting goalie, extend Puljujarvi and add a guy like Reider. Also if they hit the bonuses in this scenario it would mean JP will get a nice raise. On the bright side if they hit the bonuses it means JP is useful and the D is set.

things i find curious;
-if the team is good they will have to move cap. considering the price for edmonton doing anything...i'd guess a 1st will go out.
-can they have the "best team" without optimizing JP and Bouchard?
-If Bouchard is really good then he might squeeze them up against the cap.....which might be a reason to keep him down for a year.
-maybe the same with JP especially if the cap is flat. instead of keeping him down maybe you're talking about limiting his offense or trading him.
-how close are they to actually not being able to find a starting goalie next year?

*walks away mumbling to himself*
to get over 1m in bonus', he has to have a really good year since that is Schedule B bonus' which is tied to finishing top 5/10 and awards.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Maroon's feud should have been with McLellan and Woodcroft if anyone. Lucic glued to PP1 all season and McDavid 5v5 in the new year was 100% on their stupidity, and both moves were damaging to the season. PP for obvious reasons, and Lucic being allowed to tank the 1st line after the christmas break totally killed the teams shot after they got back to .500.

It really seemed to me all year that the Oilers were trying to punish Maroon for not signing. After it was rumoured the negotiations were dead, it seemed Maroon could no longer get a sniff of any ice time with McDavid on the ice.

Welcome to Edmonton where this stuff has been going on for years. Oilers management has always put petty vendettas against players that wouldn't resign or asked for a trade even if it wasn't the best for the team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
One thing is for damn sure, after seeing Patty sign that contract, anyone that complains that he was dealt should now realize that A) The trade market wasn't as good for him as we thought (myself included) and B) His heart was in going back home so he likely would've walked anyway. You can't tell me that Chia didn't offer him more than that.

If you believe that there was a feud then maybe we see Lucic vs Maroon 2.0 when we play St. Louis.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don’t need to make stuff up/find TMZ sports “things” to crap on him. I just look at his cap hit and what he does on ice :)

Exactly. He needs to be better to come close to justifying his contract. IMO we got ok returns in year 1 and poor ones last year.

Reactions: frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad