Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I hope not
I’ll take a lagesson benning third pair over ol’ starfish who’s breakout pass is a no look shot off the glass.

Realistically though, we need someone to play with klef or Nurse who’s a legit top 4 puck mover, because Jones isn’t cutting it and lagesson is LD. Might be time to recall persson and give him another shot if there isn’t a trade coming.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I know he isn't exactly that great, but man we get rid of him our defense is that much worse. As it is we need 2 guys on the backend to step it up, maybe one is Benning. We move Russell I really hate to see how poor our defense is.

You could probably replace Russell with Jones or Persson at this point without missing a beat.

Reactions: Oilhawks

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Again, so just give up then.
It's not about giving up. It's about not being a f***ing idiot like Chiarelli and making stupid trades just because a bunch of loud fans think Brandon Saad or Tyler Ennis are going to make this a playoff team.

I really look forward to this summer when Holland puts his mark on the team and all of you clamouring for season saving changes realise most of what you've complained about really sounds. In the meantime I'd recommend cheering for a different team for the rest of this season because it seems to be nothing but bitching, moaning, negative, baseless crap coming from a pretty vocal minority around here.

"I WANT DIFFERENT PLAYERS AND I WANT THEM RIGHT NOW, DAMMIT!" I CAN CLEARLY SEE THE TEAM CAN STILL WIN THEIR DIVISION OR A WILDCARD SPOT BUT IM GOING TO KEEP SCREAMING THAT THE WHOLE SEASON HAS BEEN PISSED AWAY AND IS OVER ALREADY.

:facepalm:

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It's not about giving up. It's about not being a ****ing idiot like Chiarelli and making stupid trades just because a bunch of loud fans think Brandon Saad or Tyler Ennis are going to make this a playoff team.

I really look forward to this summer when Holland puts his mark on the team and all of you clamouring for season saving changes most RIGHT of what you've complained about really sounds. In the meantime I'd recommend cheering for a different team for the rest of this season because it seems to be nothing but *****ing, moaning, negative, baseless crap coming from a pretty vocal minority around here.

"I WANT DIFFERENT PLAYERS AND I WANT THEM RIGHT NOW, DAMMIT!"
I mean it's really, you either fortify this team to make the playoffs or you give up. It really is an either or.

It comes with risk, but risking the future assets of some value far less of concern then risking McDavid and Draisaitl's patience for failure.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I mean it's really, you either fortify this team to make the playoffs or you give up. It really is an either or.

It comes with risk, but risking the future assets of some value far less of concern then risking McDavid and Draisaitl's patience for failure.
Yeah I keep seeing this imaginary deadline that you guys are preaching before McDavid and Draisaitl want out. I mean, if you can provide some tangible proof that they both dislike Holland already and what his plan is I'd love to see it and eat some crow. Otherwise you really need to get off of it after half a season. Pretty sure Chiarelli made a bunch of moves to try and bolster the team because fans were screaming about McDavid leaving if they didn't make the playoffs last year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Again, so just give up then.

Not what I'm saying but carry on.

You can't make bad contracts just disappear Jimmi especially in season when teams aren't exactly loaded with cap space to take on a bad contract.
It will be really tough for Holland to bring in a big money contract right now. That's just the reality of the situation.

Reactions: Raab

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
How exactly? Saad makes $6M/yr. Good luck clearing $5M of cap in the middle of the season.

And no, Russell for a pick isn't doable. Nobody is taking on a year plus at $4M for a bottom pairing Dman. It would have to be player for player, like Russell for Frolik for instance and even then I doubt it because Frolik comes off the books after this season..
Incentives are a thing here. Package something to get rid of Russell.

I was assured so many times when that contract was signed it would be easy to move.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Incentives are a thing here. Package something to get rid of Russell.

I was assured so many times when that contract was signed it would be easy to move.
That's like saying "Yeah well Lucic signed a 6 million dollar deal so he has to play up to it."

It makes no sense and you're not using any logical or critical thought, you're literally just bitching needlessly.

I find it amazing how much HFOil shits all over this team. Constantly going on about how bad everyone is outside of McDrai. Then everyone turns around and is like "why don't we just flip this garbage with term and a pick for real players?"

If it has to be explained to you why this is stupid, then there's really nothing that can be done to help you understand. If you're not willing to give a new GM at least one full season to do his thing before dumping the last 14 years all over him then I don't know what else to say. You're not being realistic or logical at all. Nobody but a handful of fans ever thought Holland was hired to take 15 years of shit, turn it around in his first six weeks on the job and coast through the season to the playoffs on a golden stallion. This team is perfectly capable of fighting for a wildcard as it is, and that's exactly what they're doing, albeit a little half heartedly over the last month.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I know the team is trending downward and was one of the worst teams in the league in December but at the halfway point we’re in a wild card spot and only 5 points out of the division lead.

Ask anyone at the start of the season and this would have been a great situation to be in. The biggest reason why we had a bad month was a combination of bad goaltending and McDrai playing poor defense, as well as some of our Dmen missing assignments.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
That's like saying "Yeah well Lucic signed a 6 million dollar deal so he has to play up to it."

It makes no sense and you're not using any logical or critical thought, you're literally just *****ing needlessly.

I find it amazing how much HFOil ****s all over this team. Constantly going on about how bad everyone is outside of McDrai. Then everyone turns around and is like "why don't we just flip this garbage with term and a pick for real players?"

If it has to be explained to you why this is stupid, then there's really nothing that can be done to help you understand. If you're not willing to give a new GM at least one full season to do his thing before dumping the last 14 years all over him then I don't know what else to say. You're not being realistic or logical at all.
Since we are engaging with strawmen, how’s about we just do nothing and flush another season with the best player on the planet down the drain? He moved Lucic for something of value so there’s no reason why others can’t be moved.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Since we are engaging with strawmen, how’s about we just do nothing and flush another season with the best player on the planet down the drain? He moved Lucic for something of value so there’s no reason why others can’t be moved.
And when Ken Holland goes this whole season without making any moves then you'll have an actual bone to pick. But you and Soundwave keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how we're just flushing another season down the drain even though the calendar just flipped over and there's still almost two months until the deadline. He moved the most immoveable contract ever for a 20+ goal guy. A task that literally everyone said was impossible. But that's not good enough. I WANT MORE RIGHT NOW IT SHOULD BE EASY!

Give it up, man.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And when Ken Holland goes this whole season without making any moves then you'll have an actual bone to pick. But you and Soundwave keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how we're just flushing another season down the drain even though the calendar just flipped over and there's still almost two months until the deadline.

Give it up, man.
And in case you haven’t noticed the team has been garbage since November ended.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
And in case you haven’t noticed the team has been garbage since November ended.

And they're still only three points out of 2nd in the division. You keep insinuating the season has been lost and there's no way anything good can happen without trades happening yesterday. You know what happens when a GM shares the same emotionally charged, dire, knee-jerk logic as fans? You get Peter Chiarelli.

You're wrong. Straight up. This season isn't over because Holland didnt make a bunch of trades before January.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
It's not about giving up. It's about not being a ****ing idiot like Chiarelli and making stupid trades just because a bunch of loud fans think Brandon Saad or Tyler Ennis are going to make this a playoff team.

I really look forward to this summer when Holland puts his mark on the team and all of you clamouring for season saving changes most RIGHT of what you've complained about really sounds. In the meantime I'd recommend cheering for a different team for the rest of this season because it seems to be nothing but *****ing, moaning, negative, baseless crap coming from a pretty vocal minority around here.

"I WANT DIFFERENT PLAYERS AND I WANT THEM RIGHT NOW, DAMMIT!" I CAN CLEARLY SEE THE TEAM CAN STILL WIN THEIR DIVISION OR A WILDCARD SPOT BUT IM GOING TO KEEP SCREAMING THAT THE WHOLE SEASON HAS BEEN PISSED AWAY AND IS OVER ALREADY.

:facepalm:

Why did Holland not 'put his stamp on this team' last off season?
What is he going to do to put his stamp on this team? Draft another defensive defenceman who is 4 years away fro helping out?
This time next year there will be another excuse as to why Holland can't be expected to do anything and patience will be preached for the 15th year in a row.

Like it or not Holland does not have the luxury of a 5 year plan.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
And when Ken Holland goes this whole season without making any moves then you'll have an actual bone to pick. But you and Soundwave keep going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about how we're just flushing another season down the drain even though the calendar just flipped over and there's still almost two months until the deadline. He moved the most immoveable contract ever for a 20+ goal guy. A task that literally everyone said was impossible. But that's not good enough. I WANT MORE RIGHT NOW IT SHOULD BE EASY!

Give it up, man.

Holland made all his moves this past off season and most of them sucked. Neal for lucic was the only really good one and even that one is so so since neal is a minus bleeder at 5v5

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I’ll take a lagesson benning third pair over ol’ starfish who’s breakout pass is a no look shot off the glass.

Realistically though, we need someone to play with klef or Nurse who’s a legit top 4 puck mover, because Jones isn’t cutting it and lagesson is LD. Might be time to recall persson and give him another shot if there isn’t a trade coming.

True it sucks that starfish's contract is hard to move. Tipp probably has no choice but to play him - instead of making management look bad healthy scratching him.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Why did Holland not 'put his stamp on this team' last off season?
What is he going to do to put his stamp on this team? Draft another defensive defenceman who is 4 years away fro helping out?
This time next year there will be another excuse as to why Holland can't be expected to do anything and patience will be preached for the 15th year in a row.

Like it or not Holland does not have the luxury of a 5 year plan.
When the man has a good handful of shitty contracts off the books, some cap room to work with, and has actually watched his new organization for a season and is able to evaluate everyone on and off the ice is when I expect him to start making some noise. Again, you keep eluding to him sitting pat for 3 years, or 5 years, or whatever number it is you want to throw out there, but it means nothing. The fact is he's been here for 42 games and you're mad because he didn't come in and swap out 50% of the roster over the course of his very first summer. You're not being reasonable or logical at all, so I'll just stop.

Reactions: Ck1

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If it has to be explained to you why this is stupid, then there's really nothing that can be done to help you understand. If you're not willing to give a new GM at least one full season to do his thing before dumping the last 14 years all over him then I don't know what else to say. You're not being realistic or logical at all. Nobody but a handful of fans ever thought Holland was hired to take 15 years of ****, turn it around in his first six weeks on the job and coast through the season to the playoffs on a golden stallion. This team is perfectly capable of fighting for a wildcard as it is, and that's exactly what they're doing, albeit a little half heartedly over the last month.

Man, I wish I could make several million dollars without having to do any work for a full year, sounds sweet. One trade, sign 47 fourth liners and one broken down goalie and check out until summer.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
When the man has a good handful of ****ty contracts off the books, some cap room to work with, and has actually watched his new organization for a season and is able to evaluate everyone on and off the ice is when I expect him to start making some noise. Again, you keep eluding to him sitting pat for 3 years, or 5 years, or whatever number it is you want to throw out there, but it means nothing. The fact is he's been here for 42 games and you're mad because he didn't come in and swap out 50% of the roster over the course of his very first summer. You're not being reasonable or logical at all, so I'll just stop.

Guys like the person you’re talking to cares more about being right than actually seeing the team do well. They aren’t worth engaging with.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
When the man has a good handful of ****ty contracts off the books, some cap room to work with, and has actually watched his new organization for a season and is able to evaluate everyone on and off the ice is when I expect him to start making some noise. Again, you keep eluding to him sitting pat for 3 years, or 5 years, or whatever number it is you want to throw out there, but it means nothing. The fact is he's been here for 42 games and you're mad because he didn't come in and swap out 50% of the roster over the course of his very first summer. You're not being reasonable or logical at all, so I'll just stop.

What in Holland's history makes you think he's capable of "making some noise?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad