Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Probably had a lot to do him being paired with Lagesson. I'm not sure that Nurse - Russell pairing is sustainable long-term, so I wouldn't think Larsson's diminished ice time will be a thing for much longer.
They could've found a way to run 5 guys instead of playing Klef 27 and Nurse 24 or 25.

Guy is banged up and for some reason we feel the need to play him 27 minutes?

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
This is fair. Declaring Nurse a stupid player as a fact isn't. Everyone makes mistakes when processing otherwise we would have players scoring 200+ points regularly. Forwards make a lot more mistakes and very frequently. You just need to click once to be a PPG player. Defense is another thing.
Nurse is a legit top4 Dman that any team would want at his current cap.
Exactly we agree.....
Problem is Holland likely in negotiations now with Nurse's agent....
Suppose Bottom line approaching and they are still at 7.2 ....and Holland's at 6.....
And it s February 20th....

We have guy here saying ...Staghorn....yep he got us...pay the man.
We have the other end of the spectrum....Raabhart saying trade him for picks or prospects.

Most people are in the middle.....where is the magic number on this presently middle pair guy.
Do you pay a middle pairing guy 7 million because he has some meanness occasionally?

What we do with Nurse affects everything else.

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Exactly we agree.....
Problem is Holland likely in negotiations now with Nurse's agent....
Suppose Bottom line approaching and they are still at 7.2 ....and Holland's at 6.....
And it s February 20th....
Nurse isn't a UFA. Even if we are off, he moves in the offseason

I'd reckon he takes some kind of discount though considering his best buds are here

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
If that's your attitude you might as well trade McDavid now and use that haul to rebuild the team because he's not going to hang around for another 5 years of suck.

It won’t take 5 years, 2 tops. We need solid positional players to fill the gaps in the meantime.

Reactions: Double A RON

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It won’t take 5 years, 2 tops. We need solid positional players to fill the gaps in the meantime.

JackBeanstalk1.jpg

Reactions: belair

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Wow
In post 979 ...your post was quoted by Fury.

Let me paraphrase a bit of that....
WE need to do what Colorado did...we need to trade older players (RNH-Nurse) for picks/prospects.
WE then develop these and trade some of them to fill what we need.

5 years is not enough to do this ....How long has Sakic been at this.....????

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Wow
In post 979 ...your post was quoted by Fury.

Let me paraphrase a bit of that....
WE need to do what Colorado did...we need to trade older players (RNH-Nurse) for picks/prospects.
WE then develop these and trade some of them to fill what we need.

5 years is not enough to do this ....How long has Sakic been at this.....????

What we really need to do is keep RNH and Nurse (supposing 6 ish million cap hit)....and trade a number of futures and a couple of prospects now for the right extended pieces...We only need three or four external guys. Its possible we have a top 4 team in this league with a few right moves in the next calendar year. In 2021 we will have our first again and can start there drafting again to keep the pipeline running.

Further the risk of the right picks/prospects??
Your blow out RNH and Nurse for this and you highly likely blow out McDavid....and your room goes to hell(see Ottawa). Rebuilding might have a shot in 5 years.
Edmonton will end up with Ottawa's attendance ....

Last edited:

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They may have let another season get away from them.

If they could have gotten Saad in December and Tippett could have learned to use RNH + Draisaitl earlier

Saad McDavid Kassian
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

Could have prevented the big slide I think.

You know, there's a salary cap and the Oilers have no space under it.

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Russell for a 4th should be doable.
I know he isn't exactly that great, but man we get rid of him our defense is that much worse. As it is we need 2 guys on the backend to step it up, maybe one is Benning. We move Russell I really hate to see how poor our defense is.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Then make space.

How exactly? Saad makes $6M/yr. Good luck clearing $5M of cap in the middle of the season.

And no, Russell for a pick isn't doable. Nobody is taking on a year plus at $4M for a bottom pairing Dman. It would have to be player for player, like Russell for Frolik for instance and even then I doubt it because Frolik comes off the books after this season..

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
A major part of our problem is too many of our key players who get the glory ice time make too many brain dead plays or mistakes at inopportune times. RNH, Draisatl, Klefbom, Nurse and even McDavid at times, take a simple play and try to make a complex one out of it or they take a simple play and completely bungle it up so badly by making a blind backhand pass to nobody or do a fly by or take the wrong man or take no man or create a blue line turnover and bam, the puck is in our net. The 5v5 +/- is brutal with these players and we lead the league in shorthanded goals against, combined is glaring evidence against this groups commitment to playing defence and making the correct play at the correct time, which is often the simplest play to make.

Until these guys decide to get it together and lead the team defensively as well as offensively we can add all the Taylor Halls we want. We still wont be a serious threat to contend.

Reactions: Raab
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad