Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Sounwave, You are 100% bang on with all of your posts man. The Oilers have to get off of their a**es and start improving this team. Stop jerking off over every draft pick.

The Oilers have put themselves here. If anybody in the AHL could actually step up and do something, we wouldn't be talking about it.

The Oilers need to add sweeteners now to get help because they have di** all for depth and nobody stepping up.

Or they can wait and collect magic beans and try to sign some UFA's. McDrai can continue to flounder.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Its all about the timing and the right targets. Holland probably looking ....maybe he has made some offers....lets hope so! Hopefully not for rentals but for players where he can talk to their agents....so true hockey trades.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
How can he afford to get what we need

We cant.

The fact people wanna throw 11 million at Hall is baffling.

We're not a Hall away. But we need to try and make smaller changes. At least make some callups or offer up picks and contracts to free up space.

Hell offer Kovulchuck a contract and stick him on the PP on his off wing.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
How can he afford to get what we need
One piece at a time ...and with cap dumps.....at February 15...we will have more than enough ....for 1 goood player....
Then one after the season ends at the draft and contracts are gone... of course probably another cap dump will go which means were overpaying but ...we gonna overpay anyways.
This year is a write off! Things gonna get worse from here on....

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
We cant.

I don’t think anyone is advocating $11m for Hall, and honestly, I don’t think it will take over $10m to sign him.

$9m feels like the right price to me, because quite frankly, I think that any team that he’d want to play for won’t have the kind of cap space to give him $10m+ without blowing up their roster. I’m not expecting him to return to the Oilers, but just saying, you’re pulling numbers of of thin air when you say people want to pay Hall $11m.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Either **** or get off the pot, Ken. You should have a pretty good idea of what kind of team you have.

Yeah what exactly needs to be "evaluated" here. He should have watched basically all the 18-19 season Oilers games a month into getting the job, and it was pretty evident by Halloween that his depth adds were not really bringing much to the table.

How much more needs to be seen? Anyone can see the issues the team has.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
We cant.

We're not a Hall away. But we need to try and make smaller changes. At least make some callups or offer up picks and contracts to free up space.

Hell offer Kovulchuck a contract and stick him on the PP on his off wing.
Your absolutely right about Hall! Would have been a dumb move.
But if Holland picks up Kovy i will be very dissappointed in him.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yeah what exactly needs to be "evaluated" here. He should have watched basically all the 18-19 season Oilers games a month into getting the job, and it was pretty evident by Halloween that his depth adds were not really bringing much to the table.

Add to this that Hitchcock is still an adviser of some sort to give his intel on the holdovers from last season. Then you have K. Gretz as a holdover in terms of what we have in the system.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We should be looking at buy low guys, surely our pro scouts must have some good feelings about a few bubble players on good teams? I mean if they don't, why do they have jobs?

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Would anyone entertain

Price (50%), Drouin, Romanov, 1st, Petry

for

Draisaitl, Koskinen, Russell, ?

As a note I don’t want to trade Drai but just curious on value.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Your absolutely right about Hall! Would have been a dumb move.
But if Holland picks up Kovy i will be very dissappointed in him.
Alot of people s______g on Holland here.
Yes the Broberg pick made me shake my head. Guy is 3 years away from the draft if at all and then at least another year to be an impact player. And we dont even have one top 6 winger let alone 4.

His failure to get one of Donskoi(sp) or Nyquist, both of which he bid on and were available to us......really sucked.
Especially Donskoi we should have offered more.

But everything else so far is very good.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

You give new players two and a half weeks to gel, and you give a new GM 40 games to turn 20 years around. There's really no helping you.

The only GM I can think of that is of like mind with people and their knee-jerk, overdramatical overreactions was Peter Chiarelli. Thank Christ we got rid of that guy.

Reactions: TB12 and Anarchism

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
You give new players two and a half weeks to gel, and you give a new GM 40 games to turn 20 years around. There's really no helping you.

The only GM I can think of that is of like mind with people and their knee-jerk, overdramatical overreactions was Peter Chiarelli. Thank Christ we got rid of that guy.
So when does the grace period end? Teams have turned around their fortunes in a fraction of the time it’s taken to get this carcass in the air.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Look at that Gaudette guy on Van. He has a hard time sometimes getting in the lineup

No joke, I would take that guy on our team over every forward minus McDrai and Kass I guess lol

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Look at that Gaudette guy on Van. He has a hard time sometimes getting in the lineup

No joke, I would take that guy on our team over every forward minus McDrai and Kass I guess lol

:laugh:

Kind of not hard to say with many many forwards in the league.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
The Oilers are bottom ten in point percentage in the entire league. This statistic leads me to belive that Ken Holland will not acquire a rental this season. In fact, I could see the Oilers trading expiring contracts at the trade deadline in order to acquire additional draft picks. A trade like this would fit Holland's plan of drafting and developing players.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Strome just had a 4 point night

Add him to the long list of Oilers who had success elsewhere. I can't wait for us to run RNH and Nurse out of town.

Reactions: KYams17

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Oilers are bottom ten in point percentage in the entire league. This statistic leads me to belive that Ken Holland will not acquire a rental this season. In fact, I could see the Oilers trading expiring contracts at the trade deadline in order to acquire additional draft picks. A trade like this would fit Holland's plan of drafting and developing players.
I eagerly await contention in 2049.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Strome just had a 4 point night

Add him to the long list of Oilers who had success elsewhere. I can't wait for us to run RNH and Nurse out of town.

Strome always had some fire in him. Remember when he smashed that stick apart on the bench.

I don't think RNH has that at all.

Not sure what Strome did to McLellan, but Todd never gave him any chance to play with McDavid after like one pre-season game that wasn't great. It was ridiculous, everyone else got a chance and Lucic would get like 500 chances on that line, but not Strome, not ever.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Remember when we were good for a few weeks? Those were fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad