Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: We Need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
I'd rather he played on a team with actual NHL players. This blaming the best players for a s**t team stuff is always nonsense.
Doesn't make it untrue that if he spent a little more energy defending that tue team might be better off for it. Yzerman had to change his game up to be successful in the playoffs and his team was loaded with talent.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Yes, at least that. Look at how Boston and St. Louis are built. They’re competitive from top to bottom. Good part is we have 3 core pieces in Mcdavid, Draisaitl, Klefbom. If Koskinen was younger I’d count him in their as well.

I initially thought you were crazy but when you pencil it out (without getting too wrapped up in line combinations)

1LW - McDavid - 1RW
2LW - Draisaitl- 2RW
Neal - RNH - Kassian
4LW - Sheahan - Archibald
Haas
Chiasson

Klefbom - 1RHD
Nurse - Bear
3LHD - Larsson
Benning

1G
Koskinen

You’re not far off but an argument could be made the 4LW position isn’t that hard to upgrade. Biggest problem is where they are missing the players, those positions are historically expensive.

Bear is maybe a reach but it looks promising going forward so I’ll count him and since it’s the salary cap era, most teams have players on ELC’s or cheap second contracts filling spots.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Let's take a hypothetical walk here...

Say Holland picks up Tierney and Ennis from Ottawa and they still miss the post season. What is fundamentally different?

Well in Tierney's case he is a RFA, so the Oilers would have him on the team for the forseeable future.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Holland could have traded for.....

Niskanen
Miller
Soderberg
Haula
Burakovsky
Brown
Kadri
Barrie
Gusev
Namestnikov
Fabbri
Stephenson
Hall

And probably made a trade for someone who hasn’t been traded for yet. Just calling up yamatomo and other plugs. The new Talbellini.

can we get Lowe back as GM yet.... honestly. He was our best GM since and after Lather......

Lowe actually was the best GM we've had since Sather. That is..... very sad.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Lowe actually was the best GM we've had since Sather. That is..... very sad.

I’d agree. But he also had the benefit of doing his best work before the cap, then struggled afterwards, even before salaries began to rocket. It is more difficult, these days, I would say as a casual observer.
And his drafting. Dear lord. His drafting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad