Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Waivers Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's the difference between fans and players. The players love having a guy like Lucic on their side where the fans tend to look at how much points a player gets or what he gets paid.
I mean if he was making 1-2mil there would've been a lot less complaints during his time here. But when you are making 6mil, getting PP time, playing with the stars and never getting benched then fans take to it in a negative way.

Reactions: frag2

North

Jun 25, 2009
That's the difference between fans and players. The players love having a guy like Lucic on their side where the fans tend to look at how much points a player gets or what he gets paid.

Doesn’t seem like the Oilers players are too broken up about Lucic being gone.

How scary is he really? He just goes into a scrum and scowls at guys. He doesn’t do much else.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Or the player handling the puck like a grenade and generally contributing nothing of value.

But yeah a teammate of Lucic's said something nice about him so let's act like that makes any criticism of him invalid.

What's the teammate supposed to say he's overpaid, doesn't produce, handles the puck like a grenade and generally sucks?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Benson and Ho-Sang are playmakers. Since when was GOALS the be all, end all of an offensive player? Production has always been about POINTS. Goals that wouldn't have happened if not for a great assist exist quiet frequently. I mean it's nice that McDavid upped his goal scoring ability, but if he had won his first Art Ross with 100 assists he'd still be looked upon as one the game's best. ......Or has Toronto's Austin Matthews is the greatest cause 1 goal = 2 assists narrative really took hold and brainwashed even Oiler fans.... :eek:
Well ignoring his off ice drama, and there’s a lot of it, there’s just not really an argument for him over Sprong. Sprong is younger and been better at every level of pro so far.

Reactions: TFHockey

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
Noticing the Ho-sang talk, I did a little research and found this article that highlights more on Ho-sangs personality and thought processes for people who are interested.
A little old but gives a clearer picture of the type of player you will get in the dressing room if they do pick him up.

Being Josh Ho-Sang means doing the unexpected | Windsor Star

Thanks for this.

Ugh... :(. This sport--rightly or wrongly--resents people like that. Actually it isn't 'just' the sport. The entire planet. I see people like him all the time, and then I see 'smart' people who play the game (literally and figuratively), make their money, and keep their 'individuality' in tighter circles.

That article is 5 years old now. Perhaps he's learned something since.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Thanks for this.

Ugh... :(. This sport--rightly or wrongly--resents people like that. Actually it isn't 'just' the sport. The entire planet. I see people like him all the time, and then I see 'smart' people who play the game (literally and figuratively), make their money, and keep their 'individuality' in tighter circles.

That article is 5 years old now. Perhaps he's learned something since.

NYI gave up on him. It could be due to his lack of NHL/AHL production. It could be due to his attitude. Or it could be both. Either way he has some red flags.

If McDavid wants him here odds are we'll grab him off of waivers. If he doesn't we will see JHS just pass on by. That's my take anyway.

Reactions: BlackDogg

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Why would they waive Sheahan to fit in a waiver claim? That's silly talk.
Sheahan has been darn effective this season, he's arguably the Oilers best bottom 6 player as sad as that may be.

Wave two proven NHLers for fringe players. Sounds like something Chia would do.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Honestly, if everyone clears.

Trading Gagner and Manning for Baertchi & Biega would be great, imo. Taking the extra year is tough, but I think Manning to Biega is a big upgrade.

Reactions: PuckNut

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Someone posted article on Ho-Sang here. I didn’t read yet. Sounds like a serious attitude situation. I have time for Sprong though. Seen him play in junior
Everyone grows up at some point. I have time for anyone with skills. The new era is a skills and skate league now

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I would doubt that, I wonder if the Oilers trade Gagner for Baertchi if they both clear?

Makes sense.. better player comes to the Oilers and less cap hit for the Canucks.

Plus it's a buddy for Haas to get some chemistry with.

Of course the extra year for Baertschi may be too rich for Holland. He's penny pinching most deals here this summer and that extra year probably makes him a no go.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly, if everyone clears.

Trading Gagner and Manning for Baertchi & Biega would be great, imo. Taking the extra year is tough, but I think Manning to Biega is a big upgrade.
Unless they are retaining I really don't want Sven. That extra year sucks. Rather just pick up Biega on waivers and be done with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad