Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Top 6 Forward or Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
It could be that once that stigma of making an OS is broken... could open a door to a bunch of them.

The NHLPA certainly wouldn't mind.

No it won't, there's loads of things to take in consideration. Like salary structure, compensation. And of course salary cap. They just can't throw those like breadcrumbs to ducks.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The only issue I have in relation to the Oilers is if you're dealing a 1st round pick, you should believe your team will be a playoff team. I don't have that belief even with the addition of a bigger fish via offer sheet.

So if I'm using an offer sheet, it's because I want to use 2nd round compensation, especially if I feel like i can recoup that 2nd somehow else down the road.

This also plays in hand with the fact we barely have any cap space.

1.395M - 2.1M = a third round pick offer sheet

2.1M - 4.22M = a second round pick offer sheet

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Per Friedman and Pagnotta, Montreal threw an offersheet Brayden Point's way earlier this morning but he turned them down.

I don't think Aho was the only offersheet we'll see this summer.

Pretty sure Montreal can't offer sheet anyone until Carolina officialy match the offer sheet...so this is BS

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Welp. I don’t know. Time to sign Ferland for a 4 by 6?
For better or worse he’s probably one of the better bets to solidify the top six for a few years, adds s new dynamic.
Overpaid for sure, but on a line with McDavid and Kass, that could be a handful.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Yamamoto + Manning for Blake Coleman

Pulju, Gagner, Benning, mid round pick for Toffoli

Coleman RNH Toffoli

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Welp. I don’t know. Time to sign Ferland for a 4 by 6?
For better or worse he’s probably one of the better bets to solidify the top six for a few years, adds s new dynamic.
Overpaid for sure, but on a line with McDavid and Kass, that could be a handful.
That’s a lot of dollars and term for him.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I would be tempted to see Paul Fenton give out another bad contract and offer sheet Kevin Fiala at max 2nd round compensation, although they can match that one cap-wise.

It would screw them next year though for re-signing Jared Spurgeon if you threw some years on the offer sheet.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yamamoto + Manning for Blake Coleman

Pulju, Gagner, Benning, mid round pick for Toffoli

Coleman RNH Toffoli

No thank you. He's 27 who was a career AHLer up until two years ago. I'm not trading a top-6 forward prospect for him.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
No thank you. He's 27 who was a career AHLer up until two years ago. I'm not trading a top-6 forward prospect for him.
Are you sure you're not biased because of your username? Coleman is a very valuable piece who can really skate and help the PK. Scored 22 goals last year and signed dirt cheap for two more. He helps us more than Yamo in the next two years.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
LOL WHAT IS THIS?? Throw away a 20 year old prospect who played half of year of the AHL through an injury, on a 25 goal pace for BLAKE **** COLEMAN???
On pace in the AHL is a lot different than actually scoring over 20 in the NHL like Coleman did last year. Coleman is one of the best value contracts in the league for the next two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad