Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Top 6 Forward or Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Matheson needs to be taken behind the barn. What a mess he is.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
If Dzingel would sign for $2 million, you do everything but break his arm to sign the contract.
Absolutely I'm still trying to figure this one out, what's the holdback? our best option is Dizingel, he will be a top 6 winger which we desperately need. His no trade clause? We're signing scrap in the meantime

Reactions: Pointteen

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I honestly think three trades vastly improve our team:

Lucic for Neal
Bear + 2nd + for Gusev
Benning for Draft Pick (to allow for the instance that bonus's are met and no cap overage next year)
-> You could also bury Gagner in order to get the cap space for Gusev

Yes I know you all will yell that the defence got worse but realistically Benning is a 5 guy. While it is ideal for Bouchard to stay in the minors this coming season I think he could easily be utilized as a 6D who plays our 1PP and Jones is also ready in my opinion. Lagesson or Persson can play as the 7 D.

Drai - McDavid - Chiasson
Neal - RNH - Gusev
Nygard - Haas/Khaira - Granlund
Haas/Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian
Gagner

Klef - Lars
Nurse - Jones
Russell - Bouchard
Lagesson/Persson

We are likely not a playoff team with this line up but we have a much better chance at being respectable since we have much greater depth of scoring.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
We would, but that D is much much more likely to suck.
Yeah but in either scenario we are building for 2020-21 as we either role no decent forwards or a riskier D but at the end of the day a 5-6 D pair is a lot more replaceable without hurting too too badly rather than a complete lack of scoring.

We have 3-4 D prospects we need to get a beat on immediately before we have to move at least 2 of them IMO. The D has potential to flop but at the end of the day I think Jones showed us he has enough to be a 5-6 guy this season so a similar role to Benning last year. Bouchard has the ability to run a powerplay better than any guy currently on the team and that provides us a very very valuable piece being right handed as it eliminates the need for that nifty RNH behind the back pass allowing for a one timer by Klef/Nurse. I think an improved PP could add a goal every 3-4 games or so which could give us an extra 5 or so wins over a season.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Stolarz signs with the Ducks.

I wonder if we end up giving Petrovic league min. I would have to think Benning moves also, so there'll be a need for another RD.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
From the last thread.

A trade adding a top 6 guy without gutting our future would be nice.

Hypothetically:

To Edmonton: Neal
To Vancouver: Lucic (and a small sweetener if we must)
To Calgary: Erikson

To Minnesota: Jesse Puljujarvi, Matt Benning, Brandon Manning (1 year cap dump) and a 3rd
To Edmonton: Jason Zucker

To Edmonton: Ben Lovejoy and/or Dion Phaneuf 1 year/$1 million

To Edmonton: Derrick Brassard 2 years x $2.5 million AAV

Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Zucker-RNH-Neal
Nygard-Brassard-Chiasson
Khaira-Granlund-Gagner
Cave, Jurco/Haas

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell (yuck, hopefully only for one more season)
Jones-Lovejoy/Persson/Bear/Lagesson
Phaneuf

Your forgetting it takes 2 teams to trade. What you think is do-able is probably not for the other team.

Those suggestions are merely your opinion on what is possible. Nothing more.

It’s all hypothetical.

Why does Vancouver trade Ericsson when he is owed millions less in salary for more salary and term?

Zero chance Minnesota does the Zucker trade. Nothing in it for them.

No thanks on Lovejoy or Phaneuf or Brassard.

So what’s doable in your mind isn’t doable or palatable in mine.

Holland surely has explored all options and has said he has many irons in the fire.

But it takes 2 to make a deal. Not what rando posters on HF Oil think is possible. Or palatable.

Well no ****, unless you or I are in their front office we have no clue what is being tossed around, what is realistic and what is not.

Because they have kicked around the idea of Lucic to look after Pettersson and Eriksson wants out and is another poor AAV? Stranger trades have happened.

A young and cheap recent 4th overall and a youngish 3rd pairing RHD when they are low on NHL quality NHL D and a 3rd, not to mention that they have been trying to trade Zucker since last trade deadline so clearly they don't value him all that much. Fenton traded Nino for Rask, this in principle is a better deal and opens up a lot more cap starting from the '20-21 season.

None are world beaters and are nothing but place holders until the cream in our system rises to the top. That or we can just roll out the likes of Brodziak and Manning for another season.

All that I see is you whining about my post instead of posting your own ideas to let myself and others critique them, it's always easy to take shots at others posts and proposals without putting thought into your own.

And is it not at least possible that some of what he has explored would be deals that you or I would've done? You can't say that the deals above are not possible and then say that Holland has not made any mistakes or that you agree with everything that he has shot down can you?

I never said otherwise, however seeing teams like Toronto dealing within their division and conference when seen as being in a position of weakness and coming out with a guy like Barrie while dealing Kadri shows us that it can be done. The offseason isn't over, but if this is for the most part our lineup come October I can't see how anyone can say that Holland has had a good offseason with a straight face. Like it or not, the fans and players want a playoff team and they want it now and shouldn't settle for anything less than that.

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Legit, is Matheson all there these days? He just cuts players off, asks non-sequitur questions and doesn't seem to have a grasp on what's going on in the league.

Kagomeboy

HF board regular Otaku
Mar 7, 2017
Coquitlam
No way Dzingel signs for 2M. Matheson needs to retire already.
he might have too since he not geting any contract that he wants. if he waits by the end of the month contract offers are going to dwindle and he might have to take less

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think we should drop the Gusev dream. From the sounds of it he's getting 4+ to whoever acquires him and I bet Vegas wants to package him with Clarkson. There's no way we could make that work. A team like Columbus makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Big Tony
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->