Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: The Silence is Deafening

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
So you take reality (the Sekera buyout) and rumor (fantasy) and meld them together.

If you dont mind my asking....whats the point of that?
So you think verified insiders getting scoops from trusted sources close to teams is a fantasy? I’m not talking about Eklund here.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Then you should've ****ing traded for Subban. You. Can. Not. Build. From. The. Back. End. Out. Without. A. Number. 1. D. Man.

It's not rocket science. They don't have the personnel to build from the back end out.
I mean if our cap wasn't f***ed over already I wouldn't have opposed adding Subban.

Sadly the Oilers just have too many holes to fill.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
And quite frankly, he's no Chia. Re: Eberle for Strome trade, which left the money on the table.

8410f3a89ab5db971eabdf6a044c7351.png
The Strome trade was one of those we saw happening months prior. There were ways we could've maximized the return by taking some short term salary back, but the return was pretty much dead on what we expected.

The Sekera buyout was even something that was seen as clearly being possible months ago as well.

It's kind of silly to say there's 'money left on the table' in hindsight. Odds are the market for these players is extremely limited considering a number of factors.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
So you think verified insiders getting scoops from trusted sources close to teams is a fantasy? I’m not talking about Eklund here.

Yes...I think its premature to suggest that rumors are fact.

I think it makes more sense to wait until they are fact.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Smith will fit right in with our tending of the last few years. 6 or 7 games where he looks like the solution and then 12 games where he is pure awful game costing.

Can'y wait to see him flopping around on the ice after getting gently bumped when he has been out playing the puck.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Meh to Mike Smith. Apart from the playoffs he looked toast as an NHL goalie.

He was terribad in the first 10-15 games of the season, but he was decent down the stretch. He didn't get the starter job in the playoffs for nothing. He was the only Flame along with Bennett that even showed up in the higher pressure playoffs.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Jesus ****ing Christ. A Koskinen Smith tandem?

If this is true I can live with 1 year on the cheap but damn Koskinen had better step up his game.

All the posters that like Koskinen should be happy with this...its all in Koskinens court now.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Smith will fit right in with our tending of the last few years. 6 or 7 games where he looks like the solution and then 12 games where he is pure awful game costing.

Can'y wait to see him flopping around on the ice after getting gently bumped when he has been out playing the puck.

I mean maybe Talbot should've grown a brain and tried selling a call once in a while, him trying to be Captain America honest in the playoffs basically cost us the Anaheim series.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Mike Smith was not the ideal target.

Kinda weird that the Flames end up with Talbot and we end up with Smith.

At least Smith had a good playoffs....but man he was brutal during the regular season.

Please just be a one year stop gap.

Reactions: guymez

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Who were you expecting really? Mrazek has leverage to get 3-4 million, we can't spend that kind of cash.
This is exactly my thoughts. Pending he is in the low to mid 2M range I am hoping this leaves us with significant money to add at forward still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad