Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: The Silence is Deafening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Wrong after July 1st he's only owed on average 4M with a 6M cap hit. That's attractive to teams with an internal budget who wont reach the cap floor. Worst case theres a bit of retention on the deal on the leafs side. A team like Florida, New Jersey, or Columbus make a lot of sense
Have you seen the cap situations of Florida and New Jersey lately???

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wonder if Nichushkin is worth throwing a 900k one-year offer at. Reclamation project who can skate, and who has shown in the past he can be a 30P guy. If he looks bad just bury him with no cap hit penalties. If he can bounce back you get a quality 3rd liner for near league minimum.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Wonder if Nichushkin is worth throwing a 900k one-year offer at. Reclamation project who can skate, and who has shown in the past he can be a 30P guy. If he looks bad just bury him with no cap hit penalties. If he can bounce back you get a quality 3rd liner for near league minimum.

I’d be willing to give him a low $, 1 year deal.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
100%, but I don't think there will be a shortage of teams looking to sign him if he's willing to go somewhere for that cheap over just going overseas. He's still very young, with great physical tools, and has put up points before in this league.

I think with these reclamation projects, you need a peoples coach to get through sometimes, and tippett appears to be just that.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
100%, but I don't think there will be a shortage of teams looking to sign him if he's willing to go somewhere for that cheap over just going overseas. He's still very young, with great physical tools, and has put up points before in this league.

I think with these reclamation projects, you need a peoples coach to get through sometimes, and tippett appears to be just that.

He might see the chance to play in our top 6 with McDavid/Draisaitl as an opportunity to get a bigger contract next year (ie Chiasson)

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I’d give it a shot for sure, but I wonder if he’d take that deal versus going back to Russia. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him this summer.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Stauffer was mentioning we might buy out Sekera and Russell? Holy smokes.

Some cap penalties sure but that opens up a lot of cap space right now to play with.

Reactions: KYams17

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Some cap penalties sure but that opens up a lot of cap space right now to play with.

I don’t personally believe we should buy either one out, nevermind both.

If Justin Braun returns a 2nd and 3rd there’s no way you can convince me Russell doesn’t have at least a little positive value.

Sekera should be kept around to mentor Jones/Lagesson/Persson/whoever wins a spot in camp.

Soul8

Jan 20, 2018
Is the buyout option done now? I think Stauffer said yesterday we would know soon if they were buying anyone out because they would need to be put on waivers today...could be wrong though.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It's going to be a super quiet week on the Oilers front.

Too many junk players getting paid too much.

And if they actually buy out Sekera... Hoo boy.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I’ve heard Calgary is considering Lucic for Neal. Straight up.

Might want to wait until July 2nd after Lucic bonus goes through.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I’d give it a shot for sure, but I wonder if he’d take that deal versus going back to Russia. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with him this summer.
Yeah very true. Without knowing what he was making in the KHL it's hard to tell. If he wants to make it work in the NHL (which it seems he does given that he came back) you'd think he'd be looking to stay and hoping a fresh start could get him a more stable contract.

I don't think he necessarily has the skill to be a good top 6er unless it's with McDrai, but he would likely get the opportunities to at least improve on the 20P guys that Nuge was playing with last year. Either way, he's a big man with a ton of speed (albeit he doesn't use his size as well as he should), so he'd be a nice no-risk gamble.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd offer Nichushkin 900k a year. Maybe his agent moves us up the list because he might get a chance to play with McDavid and thus get himself a decent contract afterwards.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
If we were to buy out Sekera, move Russell for slight cap savings etc, and sign Donskoi + Connolly...look out.

That would alter the team immensely and Holland would be looking for a big name Dman to add into the mix for a playoff run at that point.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we were to buy out Sekera, move Russell for slight cap savings etc, and sign Donskoi + Connolly...look out.

That would alter the team immensely and Holland would be looking for a big name Dman to add into the mix for a playoff run at that point.

Look out for what?

Connolly maybe replaces Chiasson's offence from last year. So you've added ... Donskoi.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Is the buyout option done now? I think Stauffer said yesterday we would know soon if they were buying anyone out because they would need to be put on waivers today...could be wrong though.

Buyouts need to be announced by tomorrow at 5pm est

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
He might see the chance to play in our top 6 with McDavid/Draisaitl as an opportunity to get a bigger contract next year (ie Chiasson)

If he's signing anywhere with the intention of playing in the top 6, he'd better be ready to work his ass off to prove he can play in the top 6. Last season without goals, he'll be lucky to not start off as the 13th forward anywhere he signs imo.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014

I thought we can only do three buyouts at a time? Gryba and Pouliot buyouts are still counting against the cap

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Players with a NMC can decline the waivers portion of buyouts so anyone on the roster with one could still be bought out.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Look out for what?

Connolly maybe replaces Chiasson's offence from last year. So you've added ... Donskoi.
You're right. A few more moves have to be made. I am hoping a Perry/Cousins/Nichushkin addition. Two of them even. We need wingers so damn badly.

I genuinely think two of Jones, Bear, Lagesson, and Bouchard will be in the NHL full time this year. We can save tons of cap space to add wingers up front if two of them are ready.

Let's hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->