Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Spector: Kassian Extension Before Trade Deadline? Anything Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don’t think it’ll be as difficult to move Russell as people think. San Jose got a 2nd and 3rd for Justin Braun last summer when he had 1 year at $3.8M left on his deal. Russell’s 15 team NTC makes it a bit more difficult, but his signing bonus on July 1 making it so the acquiring team only has to pay $1.5M in actual money is appealing to some low budget teams as well. I think people are going to be surprised what he returns.

The NTC and Braun is a better player. It won't be so easy to move him IMO.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
The NTC and Braun is a better player. It won't be so easy to move him IMO.
Braun might be a better player but it’s not by a huge margin. Even if that’s the case maybe you’re looking at lower picks as the return but I highly disagree with the idea that the Oilers are going to have to attach assets to Russell to move him. He’s got value around the league.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Why would a rebuilding team trade a pick for a vet Dman and why would Russell waive for Detroit?
Russell has already waived his NTC for 10 teams, as he had to submit that list last July. Holland knows exactly where he can deal him right now without his consent. This July that jumps up to 15 teams. It's hard to say which 10 teams are on the list.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I’m sorry... he’s a gifted playmaker so how are his hands not that great?..
Guess i made an assumption that i should make clear....his finish has been less than exceptional....review all his ahl games to now....run the numbers.....he gets attempts he get shots ....but he doesnt get many markers relatively speaking ...i think he is improving ....but it sure is slow....

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
When Winnipeg was in cap hell and Ehlers was coming off a less than amazing year, he was a good target. Now he's played his way out of availability and affordability, while money is not as much of an issue now for WPG.
Their D is about to flush a fantastic foward core.....last game i watch Connor was a giant and Laine was really good too....they tried so hard ...and then in the last 4 minutes of the game ....their D gives the game away...

Still DRAI

Jun 15, 2013
Their D is about to flush a fantastic foward core.....last game i watch Connor was a giant and Laine was really good too....they tried so hard ...and then in the last 4 minutes of the game ....their D gives the game away...

The whole Byfuglien saga has really hurt the Jets, I'm sure they don't move Trouba if they had known that Buff wasn't coming back

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

They'll probably have to trade someone to fix that defense, but if and when they do, they'll do better than we have.

It probably won't be the 23 year old on a less than market contract on the way out either.

Reactions: Snowman

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
If we can bring in another vet D I'd be all over Larsson for Kapanen. But if Russell goes this summer too, we can't trade Larsson without some kind of replacement.
Evan Bouchard will be the Larrson replacement, but I do not think it will be this year. The kid is the real deal and paired with Klefbom could be a real special defensman.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I doubt he is breaking out with anyone. He is what he is, a middling 3rd line player. The rest - gross.
He has been saddled with Lucic and Jankowski all year(and sometimes Reider). Miracle he has any points.
I am more thinking about last years playoffs when literally two Flames showed up - Smith and Bennet. Bennet is one of the last players they have with any heart, I would sure love to take that from them and leave them a guy like Pullijarvi.

Reactions: ujju2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Evan Bouchard will be the Larrson replacement, but I do not think it will be this year. The kid is the real deal and paired with Klefbom could be a real special defensman.

I think we're a couple of years out from that happening.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
I think we're a couple of years out from that happening.
I think we are less then a year. He will be on the roster by either the end of this season(injuries would be the factor here) or begining of next(the kid is that good at moving the puck).

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
IMO, don’t think of putting Benson with Connor as shoving him straight to the top line. Think of it as sheltering him by playing him with the best player on the planet.

Benson’s good on the boards and a good puck retriever. He’d be really good with McDavid.

Reactions: Oil Dood

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
IMO, don’t think of putting Benson with Connor as shoving him straight to the top line. Think of it as sheltering him by playing him with the best player on the planet.

Benson’s good on the boards and a good puck retriever. He’d be really good with McDavid.

Our top talent should play in the top six, Benson would be spectacular with McD.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

I notice this in the odd AHL game I catch, but come training camp against actual NHLers that portion of his game appeared to be completely non-existent, was routinely getting physically dominated.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

I also think they match well.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
A year ago Muzzin was supposed to be the saviour for the leafs on the blueline and fans here were crying about "it only cost a first? Why did we not get him?"
Muzzin is now an AHLer.

Well now it will cost next to nothing. This is what happens when teams dump a first rounder for a quick fix. Holland would be mighty stupid to toss a first for any quick fix.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I notice this in the odd AHL game I catch, but come training camp against actual NHLers that portion of his game appeared to be completely non-existent, was routinely getting physically dominated.

Takes time for younger guys to get comfortable with the physicality of the league.

I think Benson-McDavid-Kassian would be a really nice, balanced line. No pure shooter, true, but Neal is a pure shooter and hasn’t gotten much done at evens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad