Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Spector: Kassian Extension Before Trade Deadline? Anything Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
with me I had one problem with the pick--not many places had Leon as a goes scorer and that is what I wanted.. Leon's pick is a good example of why we are not in charge of an NHL club despite what some here would like
Its very hard predicting the future ...and of course i think im quite good at assessing hockey talent.
However i was on the Robbie Schremp band wagon....and in the Yakupov draft i was vacillating between him and Murray...
Its much easier to be wrong than right....Yakupov was one dimensional but it was a pretty good dimension at the time....
I went back and looked at my notes on Marino...the sheet breaking down things...and the conclusion....Had him down as a bottom pairing....that will take a year or two in the Ahl....How wrong can you be....

Last edited:

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
We do not have the money for 1LW at the deadline

3C could be interesting but the names I keep seeing are also wanting a bit more than we should pay for a 3C
I think ur wrong cap wise...some of these teams open to a cap dump...and we can be creative...
Further this is the year to pay....
I think there is a 3C out there ....and thats what we should get ....
The 1LW will have to wait for before or at the draft...
The needs that we have wont be fixed by a one player add....we wont be competitive in the playoffs anyways....
But i think its time to overpay for our 3C a bit....

Last edited:

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
As far as putting Benson on the first line .....watch some games....
He is much more of a playmaker than a scorer....he seems to be trying to thread the needle a lot...
I dont think he would ever be mistaken for a sniper ...his hands not that great....and probably less so further up...
So putting him on the first line ...dont think he will ever get there....
As far as physicality ...its just not there .....he thinks the game very well and can pass and leadership improving....

That why i want Tierney from Ottawa....I think he will mesh with Benson on the third line....

Benson Tierney Neal/Russel (depending on who were playing)

This line i think would develop into a 2 way threat...very good defensively and always a threat to score....
Lets overpay for Tierney and make Benson relevant ...cause without the right centre,,,,

destro909

Jan 3, 2008
I have a feeling Holland's top priority this offseason is getting Puljujarvi to give Edmonton another shot. We can all agree that he would be a big improvement with our brutal lack of depth on the wings. If he could come in and even give us the production he did a couple years ago, he would improve our team. Now imagine he has progressed as a player and could put up like a 0.5 PPG. That would be huge.

Pulj was not good enough for the NHL last season, and unless he's made huge improvements this season he wouldn't be better than any of our current wingers. I hardly think that he is Holland's top priority, unless it's to include him in a deal for a better player.

Reactions: Anarchism

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Of course we need to upgrade 1LW and if something falls ....

and if Winnipeg got so desperate they would
Trade Ehlers

for Larsson and Chiasson

of course we do that ....but this is mostly fantasy ....

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
When Benning gets back, I am curious to know of the Wings would be interested in Russell for a pick after they trade Delay

I wouldn’t imagine they’re on Russell’s trade list, and he really has no reason to waive to go there.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I wouldn’t imagine they’re on Russell’s trade list, and he really has no reason to waive to go there.
At this point i think Russel would waive for
1) Opportunity- chance to play in the top four and earn a good and maybe last contract.
2) Be within easy flight range to Alberta...

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
At this point i think Russel would waive for
1) Opportunity- chance to play in the top four and earn a good and maybe last contract.
2) Be within easy flight range to Alberta...

Opportunity by paying on the worst team in modern NHL history? A team so bad that only a guy who has missed 20 games to injury can be said to be doing well?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think ur wrong cap wise...some of these teams open to a cap dump...and we can be creative...
Further this is the year to pay....
I think there is a 3C out there ....and thats what we should get ....
The 1LW will have to wait for before or at the draft...
The needs that we have wont be fixed by a one player add....we wont be competitive in the playoffs anyways....
But i think its time to overpay for our 3C a bit....

the 3Cs we usually come back to are guys heading into UFA and wanting big bucks

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Peluso is on a AHL deal only.

If anything go out and get Maroon back. He and Looch disliked each other.

Looch can fight Maroon and Kassian gets his turtle. ;)

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
the 3Cs we usually come back to are guys heading into UFA and wanting big bucks
I was thinking Ottawa will resign Pageau to a 5+ mill contract and because they need to be well beneath the cap floor...they will be open to trading Tierney for futures mostly....
Something like ...

our 1st for their 2nd (i realize they only move up 15 to 16 spots with this but important to Ottawa and Dorion)
Pulju
Gagner

for Tierney...

They may even resign Gagner to a cheap 1.2 -1.5 mil yearly contract...till a couple of their guys prove themselves...

Moreover Ottawa might be interested in expanding this trade.....A forward prospect for a quality D prospect....

So Add say
Formenton for Samurokov to the above deal???

That way Ottawa can focus their first 3 choices in this draft to finalizing there forward corps for next 5 years...

Say they get Byfield or Stutzle....either can probably play next year ....
With SJ pick....Rossi or Perfetti...2 years away??
With our pick.....Zary or Askarov or Perreault...2 to 3 years away??

and they would still have at minimum two seconds for picking up D....

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd sign Peluso to a NHL minimum deal just for taking on the likes of Lucic and Reaves if need be.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
There is still time left but it looks like Winnipeg is gonna self-destruct.

This gives everyone on top a free pass into the playoffs - as long as they continue to play mediocre hockey.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

This gives everyone on top a free pass into the playoffs - as long as they continue to play mediocre hockey.
They need two quality D..
Their forward corps is awesome....
But their D is Fragile...they are relying way too much on Hellybuck to be great everygame....
They have only Morrisey and Pionk as good D men ...the rest are mostly filler....Poolman becoming a 5/6 guy...

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

The only thing keeping them alive was goaltending. Looks like they've finally run Hellebuyck into the ground. LB is garbage again so there is no support for the guy.

if they had Detroit's goaltending, the jets could have set some futility records this year.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
In all likelyhood you are right, but per Brian Burke Calgary did have Pulju over Matthew Tkachuk on their draft board so I have some lingering hope that they might still value him highly or atleast as highly as Bennett who is having an underwhelming season. Calgary also took on 3 of our players this off-season it seems like internally there is atleast some thought that the Oilers are a f'd up organization and think they can turn around our rejects back into good/useful players.

Thats fair.
I think though that a trade in the off season is much easier to do that than a trade during the season when both teams are fighting for the division lead.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I think the cut off to get in will be 93 points. If Edmonton plays Bettman .500 hockey from this pony on then they should be in.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Source? Haula would be an ideal add to this team. Smart player that can play C/W in the top 6. PK and PP as well. Assuming he's back to near 100% from his injuries that is...
Source is someone named Russo..
Can check the Carolina board for the discussions.
Russo :"Erik Haula is in big time trouble right now. He's a healthy scratch tonight, he's not getting along with his coach, not healthy, so... I gotta think he is on his way out of another team"

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I don’t think Lucic will do shit, we seen him for years vs the kings and bruins he didn’t do nothing to his old teammates, he disappeared.

Reactions: frag2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
They need two quality D..
Their forward corps is awesome....
But their D is Fragile...they are relying way too much on Hellybuck to be great everygame....
They have only Morrisey and Pionk as good D men ...the rest are mostly filler....Poolman becoming a 5/6 guy...

Larsson for Ehlers this summer, get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad