Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Spector: Kassian Extension Before Trade Deadline? Anything Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think there's a good chance Bouchard makes the team next season, but I don't think throwing him into a top 4 role without a backup plan is a good idea.

Do you plan on keeping Larsson in an ideal world while breaking in Bouchard? Personally I'd try and get value for Lars in trade and look for a cheaper option to fill Larsson's role. Benning has been more than fine on the 3rd pairing and is paid like a 3rd pairing defenseman but his concussion issues have been very scary and hopefully they are behind him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Need to keep Nurse/Bear together and Lars/Klef. It balances out the physical play big time. I would be pretty iffy on playing essentially two rookies together.

Bear-Nurse
Klefbom-Bouchard
Jones-Larsson
Benning

If need be you can switch Bouch and Lars.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Losing Nurse to a hockey trade now puts one of Jones, Russell or someone else that is not ready for top four 20 minute a night hockey while putting Bear in way over his head(I think it might ruin Bear's confidence TBH).
Once others like Sammy, Broberg ect are ready then I believe we can think of moving Nurse or Klefbom.
You know you can make other trades right? If Nurse wants way to much money, you move him and you can bring back a guy who can fill in for a year or two.

Trades don't happen in vacuums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad