Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Spector: Kassian Extension Before Trade Deadline? Anything Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Sign Hall, trade for Kapapen, bring up Benson, convince Puljujarvi to come back. Assuming Larsson for Kapanen + few others are gone. Particularly Neal.

Benson-McDavid-Kapanen
Hall-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Nygard-RNH-Puljujarvi
Kassian-Sheahan-Archibald

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Bouchard
Russell/Lagesson/Jones-Benning

Now you're buzzing. Defence stays similar, but overall team scoring jumps up like 50-60 goals, lol.

The wingers are obviously interchangeable based on who's performing or not. Haas as a healthy.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I don’t really understand the attraction with Bennett, but I’d like to give a shout out to McTavish for the homerun in that draft. That pick could have gone so very wrong, and it’s still hard to believe the Oilers somehow ended up on the right end of that one.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Labanc would be a good add. 2nd rounders this year and next.

Labanc - Mcdavid - Kassian
Nuge - Drai - Yamamoto
Benson - X - Neal
Nygard - Sheahan - Archibald

Then package Pulju and Jones for a guy that can play 3c

I like to keep Jones but I like your thinking . A top line winger for McDavid and a 3rd line C with Benson and Neal as the wingers . Be nice to have a goal score C to play with Benson . The only change I would make to the 4th line is

Sheahan Haas Archibald . I think Haas is better then Nygard plus centre depth is always nice incase of an injury

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Sign Hall, trade for Kapapen, bring up Benson, convince Puljujarvi to come back. Assuming Larsson for Kapanen + few others are gone. Particularly Neal.

Benson-McDavid-Kapanen
Hall-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Nygard-RNH-Puljujarvi

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Bouchard

Now you're buzzing. Defence stays similar, but overall team scoring jumps up like 50-60 goals, lol.

The wingers are obviously interchangeable based on who's performing or not. Haas as a healthy.

I don't think rushing Benson to the top line is the best thing for his development . I guess playing with McDavid would help him put up points and could build confidence . I just want a guy to earn his spot . It like your argument about Kassian . You want him signed for less $$$ because you see him as a plug but at least he is a proven fit with McD . Rushing Benson in there could be a train wreck of Puljujrvi situation

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I don't think rushing Benson to the top line is the best thing for his development . I guess playing with McDavid would help him put up points and could build confidence . I just want a guy to earn his spot . It like your argument about Kassian . You want him signed for less $$$ because you see him as a plug but at least he is a proven fit with McD . Rushing Benson in there could be a train wreck of Puljujrvi situation
Yea, I can see a bunch of different line combo's that could work. Kassian can easily slide into Kapenen, Yamamoto, or Puljujarvi's spots. Benson can go up and down the linup, Hall can, Nygard has played on every line this year too.

When you have a stud like McDavid who can make anyone a good player, it lets you be a bit more creative in how you deploy your lines. I'm not necessarily stating which lines would work best, moreso which group of 12 forwards we could bring together that would see us increase our goal scoring dramatically by replacing guys who bring nothing offensively.

edit: You can even bring RNH to LW and stack the top 6 if it's necessary. That group has a lot of flexibility. Can slot Haas in at C in the bottom 6, healthy one of Benson/Pulju if they aren't working out. Tons of options.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don’t really understand the attraction with Bennett, but I’d like to give a shout out to McTavish for the homerun in that draft. That pick could have gone so very wrong, and it’s still hard to believe the Oilers somehow ended up on the right end of that one.

The hockey gods had to throw us a bone after Yakupov . What the gods giveth Puljujarvi taketh away . I know every Oiler fan hate Tkachuk . He is a dirtbag . I wanted him drafted over Puljujarvi . Imagine how different our team would be with him in the line up . At least he would be our dirtbag .

Tkachuk McD Kassian
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto
Benson XXX Neal

We could have 3 good scoring lines

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019

Yes Mac T did great. Draisaitl Is the best player from that draft.
The entire lead up to the draft, I remember Oilers needed a big Centre for the west. It almost felt like we were being primed to draft drasaitl, it happened. Thank God we didn't get Reinhart or Bennett..

Last edited:
Reactions: McSuper

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yea, I can see a bunch of different line combo's that could work. Kassian can easily slide into Kapenen, Yamamoto, or Puljujarvi's spots. Benson can go up and down the linup, Hall can, Nygard has played on every line this year too.

When you have a stud like McDavid who can make anyone a good player, it lets you be a bit more creative in how you deploy your lines. I'm not necessarily stating which lines would work best, moreso which group of 12 forwards we could bring together that would see us increase our goal scoring dramatically by replacing guys who bring nothing offensively.

edit: You can even bring RNH to LW and stack the top 6 if it's necessary. That group has a lot of flexibility. Can slot Haas in at C in the bottom 6, healthy one of Benson/Pulju if they aren't working out. Tons of options.

I am not a big Hall fan but if you got a good defensive player like Draisaitl with him it should somewhat cover for any defensive mistakes . My other concern would be RNH at 3C . He going to want a raise and 6+ million on a 3rd line C is over kill . The players you mention are all within our reach so they are good targets so well done on realistic targets . So many fans post our scrubs for good players which the other team don't even want to trade .

Would you consider Kerfoot over Kapanen ? Might be a better 3rd line C and switch RNH to a full time winger

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yes Mac T did great. Draisaitl Is the best player from that draft.
The entire lead up to the draft, I remember Oilers need a big Centre for the west. It almost felt like we were being primed to draft drasaitl for it happened. Thank God we didn't get Reinhart or Bennett..

Many Oilers fans were upset we never drafted one of the other guys . I remember reading how it is a skating league and Draisaitl is too slow . Lots of fans wanted Bennett and a few wanted Reinhart

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I am not a big Hall fan but if you got a good defensive player like Draisaitl with him it should somewhat cover for any defensive mistakes . My other concern would be RNH at 3C . He going to want a raise and 6+ million on a 3rd line C is over kill . The players you mention are all within our reach so they are good targets so well done on realistic targets . So many fans post our scrubs for good players which the other team don't even want to trade .

Would you consider Kerfoot over Kapanen ? Might be a better 3rd line C and switch RNH to a full time winger
Yea, I would consider Kerfoot over Kapanen under a few conditions that would involve RNH not being on the team.

Like you said, he is gonna be asking a lot, and 6m for a 3c or even a winger who puts up his rate of scoring would sort of hinder us. I like him as a player, but with McDavid and Draisaitl being so dominant, I think we could find a way to give them wingers like Kapanen and Yamamoto who gel well with them for reasonable salaries. Perhaps the best move if we were to acquire someone like Kerfoot (who I do believe would fit into 3C very well), would be to move RNH in a package for a high end defenceman.

If we are going to be spending 7-9m or so on a winger, I'd WAY rather it be Hall than RNH.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
Many Oilers fans were upset we never drafted one of the other guys . I remember reading how it is a skating league and Draisaitl is too slow . Lots of fans wanted Bennett and a few wanted Reinhart

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would want Reinhart. We already had nuge at the time, virtually the same player. Soft and skilled.
Bennett had sandpaper, so it wouldn't have surprised me to see Bennett drafted but I'm glad it happened the way it should have.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

Benson-McDavid-Kapanen
Hall-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Nygard-RNH-Puljujarvi

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Bouchard

Who would wants Neals contract. Dont get me wrong. Neal is a good player., But holds not a good ratio of value and cost.

And if signing Hall, it better be for hometown discount. To many highpriced players on this team.

Whats boggling me, is that Holland havnt done anything, tough many good names are circulating out there.
I guess it happens after the All star game, or under it.

My wishlist for trades are in order
Kapanen, Bonino, A.Johnsson, Haula, Kerfoot, Kreider, Zucker.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Benson-McDavid-Kapanen
Hall-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Nygard-RNH-Puljujarvi

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Bouchard

Puljujarvi is never coming back.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Yea, I would consider Kerfoot over Kapanen under a few conditions that would involve RNH not being on the team.

Like you said, he is gonna be asking a lot, and 6m for a 3c or even a winger who puts up his rate of scoring would sort of hinder us. I like him as a player, but with McDavid and Draisaitl being so dominant, I think we could find a way to give them wingers like Kapanen and Yamamoto who gel well with them for reasonable salaries. Perhaps the best move if we were to acquire someone like Kerfoot (who I do believe would fit into 3C very well), would be to move RNH in a package for a high end defenceman.

If we are going to be spending 7-9m or so on a winger, I'd WAY rather it be Hall than RNH.

I agree . I like RNH as a person and player but to me he isn't a 6+ million dollar player and there nothing wrong with that . I do think Kapanen would fit well with McDavid . I also see team that were expect to do well bottoming out so there maybe some good players available .

Maybe Nashville would consider RNH + defensive man for a better defence man and a lessor C or winger .

I think we have some option with the D we have coming . It lets us move Russell , Larsson and maybe Nurse if he gets all crazy with his asking price .

RNH for a D
Nurse+3rd 2021 to TML for Kapanen and Kerfoot
sign a left winger LW

Kassian McD Kapanen . Not sure if Kassian or Kapanen would work on their off wings
Hall Draisaitl Yamamoto
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Sheahan Haas Archibald

Klefbom Bear
RNH trade Larsson
Jones Russell/Persson
Lagesson

Not saying my opinion is any better then your . We all want the same thing . A good Oiler team that can compete for a cup for many years to come .

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
You confuse facts with stats.... that's your issue. Stats can lie. stats can be used to twist and prove things that aren't true.
And people usually have an agenda. Klefbom may be passing the buck to a player on the way out or who knows.
Stats do not lie they are stats. With a lage sample size they can show a good picture of something. Of course what they actually show can be questionable. Small sample size is near useless and even detrimental.

What I saw was Hall didn't have many long droughts. So from this I speculate he wasn't trying to pad his stats just when a team was weak he capitolized more. This should go for every player.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

with me I had one problem with the pick--not many places had Leon as a goes scorer and that is what I wanted.. Leon's pick is a good example of why we are not in charge of an NHL club despite what some here would like

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
I agree . I like RNH as a person and player but to me he isn't a 6+ million dollar player and there nothing wrong with that . I do think Kapanen would fit well with McDavid . I also see team that were expect to do well bottoming out so there maybe some good players available .

Maybe Nashville would consider RNH + defensive man for a better defence man and a lessor C or winger .

I think we have some option with the D we have coming . It lets us move Russell , Larsson and maybe Nurse if he gets all crazy with his asking price .

RNH for a D
sign a left winger LW

Kassian McD Kapanen . Not sure if Kassian or Kapanen would work on their off wings
Hall Draisaitl Yamamoto
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Sheahan Haas Archibald

Klefbom Bear
RNH trade Larsson
Jones Russell/Persson
Lagesson

Not saying my opinion is any better then your . We all want the same thing . A good Oiler team that can compete for a cup for many years to come .

I think we can get more for Nurse if we sign him.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta

RNH for a D
sign a left winger LW

Hall Draisaitl Yamamoto
Benson Kerfoot Neal
Sheahan Haas Archibald

Klefbom Bear
RNH trade Larsson
Jones Russell/Persson
Lagesson

Three hockey trades? Interdependent on each other .....
Were lucky if we can do one right one!
I realize Nurse asking price is going to be nuts but you cant just leave that hanging either...

oil4life97

Aug 10, 2005
why?

We need the win and whether we like it or we need to have players dressed who can play the game and not a player who might be able to fight and do nothing else

Scenario. The oilers take the game in convincing fashion and run up the score on the flames. Late in the 3rd period all the flames can do is set the tone for the next game and take some more cheap shots on our players. Why should our more important players like Nurse or Kassian have to police this game? If it was my decision it would be a guy like Peluso especially considering Parros take on all of this. That’s all we need is a multi game Nurse suspension standing up for his team.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad