Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Painted Yourself into a Corner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Pay someone yes, but I don't think 8mil is in our range. At some point I do see us bringing in a 4-5mil guy.

RNH (6) McDavid (12.5) Rattie (1)
Duchene (8) Draisaitl (8.5) Yamamoto (0.925)
Lucic (6) Khaira (1) Caggiula (1.5)
blank (1) Brodziak (1.15) Chiasson (1.4)
blank (0.8)

Klefbom (4.1) Larsson (4.1)
Nurse (3.25) Bouchard (0.925)
Russell (4) Benning (1.9)
Bear (0.8)

Talbot (4.25)
Back Up (1)

Buyouts (1.6)

= 75.65 mill, lets assume a 81 million cap (2 mill raise) and Talbot probably not getting a raise (lol).

It's doable. You could probably keep Strome actually.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
RNH (6) McDavid (12.5) Rattie (1)
Duchene (8) Draisaitl (8.5) Yamamoto (0.925)
Lucic (6) Khaira (1) Caggiula (1.5)
blank (1) Brodziak (1.15) Chiasson (1.4)
blank (0.8)

Klefbom (4.1) Larsson (4.1)
Nurse (3.25) Bouchard (0.925)
Russell (4) Benning (1.9)
Bear (0.8)

Talbot (4.25)
Back Up (1)

Buyouts (1.6)

= 75.65 mill, lets assume a 81 million cap (2 mill raise) and Talbot probably not getting a raise (lol).

It's doable. You could probably keep Strome actually.
I really don't want to move strome right now. I think he's going to round out into a decent 3C. Especially considering Khaira and Brodziak aren't doing anything.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I really don't want to move strome right now. I think he's going to round out into a decent 3C. Especially considering Khaira and Brodziak aren't doing anything.
I would rather have Khaira learning and adjusting to that position then to have Strome play 15 minutes a night , have doughnuts across the board 10 games at a time, skate around take shots from 60 feet out, make 3 mill a year and get outskated,.... turned inside out ,upside down in 3 on 3 hockey because Todd loves the guys corsi.

Reactions: oilWILDcountry

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I would rather have Khaira learning and adjusting to that position then to have Strome play 15 minutes a night , have doughnuts across the board 10 games at a time, skate around take shots from 60 feet out, make 3 mill a year and get outskated,.... turned inside out ,upside down in 3 on 3 hockey because Todd loves the guys corsi.
Ya heaven forbid one of the best players in the world make someone look stupid. McDavid does it every night to guys.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think Jost for Puljujarvi would be a good deal for both teams. Jost is from St. Albert, would probably fit in much better with this group then Puljujarvi has. If he pans out as a 2C you can put Drai on McDavid's wing. I also think Puljujarvi would benefit going to Colorado with Rantanen.

Reactions: 780il

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Ya but we cant fit him in any way due to his cap hit.

We could fit him, question is do we want to? I'd rather wait and try to pick up Zuccarello as deadline rental. Would also like to try and add Hayes as well. To bad NY doesn't really have anyone signed long term. Have a lot of players we could use.

stoff

Apr 19, 2007
So Friedman's been talking how Bobrovsky is unhappy and looking to get out of CBJ. I know he's a UFA this summer but he'd be a huge upgrade in net, both now and in the future. Think Columbus would be open to a swap of Talbot + for Bob? Guessing the + would be an Benson, Bear, Jones level prospect and a mid round pick.

Both UFAs at the end of the year. Would cost 7+ to sign Bob to extension, but that's basically the cost of Talbot and Koskinen. Get a cheap backup for next year and it could work money wise. Thoughts?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
So Friedman's been talking how Bobrovsky is unhappy and looking to get out of CBJ. I know he's a UFA this summer but he'd be a huge upgrade in net, both now and in the future. Think Columbus would be open to a swap of Talbot + for Bob? Guessing the + would be an Benson, Bear, Jones level prospect and a mid round pick.

Both UFAs at the end of the year. Would cost 7+ to sign Bob to extension, but that's basically the cost of Talbot and Koskinen. Get a cheap backup for next year and it could work money wise. Thoughts?
Idk if the money will work

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
How much do you think he's worth?

Talbot and koskinen out is like $7M in salary isn't it?
Talbot makes 4.167 + Koskinen's 2.5 out is 6.667m.

Bob will sign for no less than 8m. Then add in 1.25 for a backup like Hutchinson. Making the money we bring in 9.25m.

We'd need to clear almost 3 million. So basically, Benning and Kassian need to be dumped to make it work.

Reactions: McOvechking

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Has he said why Bobrovski is unhappy in CBJ?

Watch Treliving underbid Chiarelli and get him for Mike Smith and a pampered chef can opener.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Talbot makes 4.167 + Koskinen's 2.5 out is 6.667m.

Bob will sign for no less than 8m. Then add in 1.25 for a backup like Hutchinson. Making the money we bring in 9.25m.

We'd need to clear almost 3 million. So basically, Benning and Kassian need to be dumped to make it work.
Yeah I wouldn't pay Bob $8M so I don't do that.

Reactions: A91 and 780il

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ya heaven forbid one of the best players in the world make someone look stupid. McDavid does it every night to guys.

Not to mention that Strome was over the 1 min mark on his shift.
He got caught out at the end of his shift in O/T against one of the best players in the world and got burned.
As I posted in another thread...s*** happens.

IMO anybody that uses that play as an argument against Strome is reaching big time.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Just wondering if all those pumping Karlssons tires saying he was at a level with McDavid and proposing gutting our team to get him have noticed that he is -7. The only other player on San Jose in the minus is Hertl at -4. He has and always will be a defensive liability.

He was always one of the worst minuses on Ottawa and he continues that trend in San Jose. Thank goodness the posters on here are not GM.

San Jose Sharks 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just wondering if all those pumping Karlssons tires saying he was at a level with McDavid and proposing gutting our team to get him have noticed that he is -7. The only other player on San Jose in the minus is Hertl at -4. He has and always will be a defensive liability.

He was always one of the worst minuses on Ottawa and he continues that trend in San Jose. Thank goodness the posters on here are not GM.

San Jose Sharks 2018-19 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

If he's so bad, San Jose would be best advised to send him to us. For Lucic. No take backs.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
I don't think Chia would want Eberle but even though he's struggled I'd definitely kick tires on Leddy.

Lets assume you can move Kassian and Koskinen somewhere without taking cap back. I know that might not be easy but let's pretend they can.

Would that be enough room to fit Leddy with Sekera on LTIR and afford a new backup?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think Bobrovsky will probably sign with the Islanders or something to be in the New York market. He seems like a playoff choker to me though to be honest.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If he's so bad, San Jose would be best advised to send him to us. For Lucic. No take backs.

This has been an absolute bizarro season so far. Bergevin’s trades looking fantastic, Oilers not looking terrible to start, Kings and Blues big moves’ blowing up in their faces, Vegas and Pacioretty look average, Karlsson looks terrible with the Sharks...

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I don't think Chia would want Eberle but even though he's struggled I'd definitely kick tires on Leddy.

Lets assume you can move Kassian and Koskinen somewhere without taking cap back. I know that might not be easy but let's pretend they can.

Would that be enough room to fit Leddy with Sekera on LTIR and afford a new backup?
Leddy's got too much term left on his deal.

McDaddy

ruh roh
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Leddy's got too much term left on his deal.
At 5.5m, for 4 more years? Guys only 27 years old.

I'd dangle Pulju with a small + in front of Garth and see if he bites. Just me though.
Obviously, we would need some cap moving out, but it's definitely doable. I really like Leddy.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Nick Leddy was -42 last year and is -4 this year with no points. I know plus minus isn't everything but this is a major red flag. Especially with that contract. We can't really take on another D contract unless it is a 2RD and we can dump Sekera or Russell.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think forward is the more pressing concern at this point to be honest. It seems to me like this D goes as Klefbom goes. If Benning can not be a total screw up on the bottom pair that would be nice.

But f*** the Islanders, not gifting them another potentially good player. They can go shove it.

If I'm trading Puljujarvi, then I'm looking for a Duchene or Stone from Ottawa, guys they're gonna likely be trading as rentals if they are willing to extend here.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
At 5.5m, for 4 more years? Guys only 27 years old.

I'd dangle Pulju with a small + in front of Garth and see if he bites. Just me though.
Obviously, we would need some cap moving out, but it's definitely doable. I really like Leddy.
We also have five LHD NHL defensemen currently on the roster--four of them signed beyond next year. The Oilers don't have the cap space to be wasting on players who don't fit any organizational needs.

I know it's boring but the Oilers are better suited looking for someone to fill that bottom pair slot for the rest of the season. Possibly in a deal moving Kassian's salary the other way. Anything else just isn't affordable.

The only other thing that Chiarelli should be mindful of are decent quality prospects who are falling out of favor in other organizations. We can never have too much of that kind of depth. I was saying we should've asked on Dal Colle this summer and now he's off to a bit of a torrid start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad