Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Painted Yourself into a Corner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Does Benning+Kassian+Puljujarvi+1st for Nylander+Dermott make sense? Sign Nylander to 6M x 5 year deal to play with Draisaitl.

RNH-Mcdavid-Rattie
Rieder-Draisaitl-Nylander
Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto
Cagguila-Khaira-Chiasson

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Sekera/Gravel/Garrsion-Bouchard

Most likely looking to move Sekera around the trade deadline or next summer.

Zero reason for the Leafs to do that. They are a contender and get much worse defensively and offensively.
Also if Nylander would sign for that much he'd be with the Leafs already imo

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I doubt that Nylander would sign for that. If he was willing to take 6 I think he'd be signed by now

I think Toronto is pushing for a 6-6.5M deal over 8 years to keep his salary down. 5 years is significantly less time and gives him an opportunity to re-up. Id go as high as 7M on a long term deal for Nylander. After that I dont think there's much reason to pursue him unless Toronto is willing to take Lucic.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I have been pontificating about the possibility of getting Eberle back. Struggling in NYI, fits what we need, might be available.

We would need to send salary to NYI.

Kassian + Puljujarvi for Eberle +

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Fill in the plus. I originally thought Leddy but don't think we'd have the cap space. Maybe a 2nd rounder?

Another thought: benning + pick for haula

If we could land Eberle and Leddy this team is a SC Contender. How about Sekera-Benning-Kassian-Puljujarvi for Eberle+Leddy? Helps NY rebuild and gives them a good prospect. Might have to include a few picks.

RNH-Mcdavid-Yamamoto
Reider-Draisaitl-Eberle
Lucic-Strome-Marody
Cagguila-Khaira-Chiasson

Klefbom-Larsson
Leddy-Russell
Nurse-Bouchard

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
I have been pontificating about the possibility of getting Eberle back. Struggling in NYI, fits what we need, might be available.

We would need to send salary to NYI.

Kassian + Puljujarvi for Eberle +

This trade screams fire me?? Will never ever happen - really bad optics for Chiarelli and management.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
You either trade Puljujarvi when his value was higher or develop him properly. Don't Yakupov him. Waste of assets.

Yeah, Puljujarvi isn't at Yakupov-level, 4th round pick trade, but you're not going to get a ton for him either.

It's honestly going to be for someone like Faulk.

Would you trade Puljujarvi to Ottawa for 1 year of Stone? Maybe you can get a UFA or something. But that's a "win now" move and I'm not sure the Oilers are good enough of a team for that.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Would we have any interest in Namestnikov? Friedman through his name out there. Cap hit $4 million, scored 22 last year and can skate?

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Per Friedman's 31 thoughts- "Sportsnet features producer Chad Walker did a strong piece on Pat Maroon during our coverage of St. Louis/Montreal. Maroon was blunt about free agency, in which he signed a one-year, $1.75-million deal with his hometown Blues.
“It didn’t go as planned,” he said. “I thought I was going to get a raise — I really did. I thought it was going to be my home-run deal. From my understanding, teams were interested in me, but there were no real offers. Arizona offered me a two-year deal, New Jersey offered me quite a bit more money, but I took a chance on myself. I’m betting on myself, and I’m taking all the risk.”

It is rare to hear an NHLer publicly discuss this — not that I’m complaining. The positive is being able to see his son, Anthony, much more often.

“You can’t put a price tag on family,” Pat added. “I’ve seen him more in September than in the nine years I’ve been away from him. It’s been awesome.”"

Reactions: McFuhryous

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Per Friedman's 31 thoughts- "Sportsnet features producer Chad Walker did a strong piece on Pat Maroon during our coverage of St. Louis/Montreal. Maroon was blunt about free agency, in which he signed a one-year, $1.75-million deal with his hometown Blues.
“It didn’t go as planned,” he said. “I thought I was going to get a raise — I really did. I thought it was going to be my home-run deal. From my understanding, teams were interested in me, but there were no real offers. Arizona offered me a two-year deal, New Jersey offered me quite a bit more money, but I took a chance on myself. I’m betting on myself, and I’m taking all the risk.”

It is rare to hear an NHLer publicly discuss this — not that I’m complaining. The positive is being able to see his son, Anthony, much more often.

“You can’t put a price tag on family,” Pat added. “I’ve seen him more in September than in the nine years I’ve been away from him. It’s been awesome.”"

It sounds like he was banking on a long term big money deal with St. Louis and nothing but.

If New Jersey offered him a lot more money, I mean really he can't be that upset, when you basically limit your market to one team, you better hope they don't spend that money elsewhere, which St. Louis did.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If not Stone, I would still have interest in Matt Duchene depending on what his ask for an extension is.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I still would bet money on seeing Eberle in NJ, if the Isles struggle

Jersey is always looking for scoring and I hear that LW is good friends with.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Have to think he's looking at 8mil a year. I just don't see him as a fit cap wise here.

Well at some point we're going to have to pay somebody. The "plan" can't be to just sit around and wait for Puljujarvi and Yamamoto, neither has shown the high end ability yet for us to bet the farm on them being the answer.

If Ottawa is willing to take Sekera, that's a big chunk of cap that opens up, and you can probably dump Strome to Arizona, that's another chunk opened up.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well at some point we're going to have to pay somebody. The "plan" can't be to just sit around and wait for Puljujarvi and Yamamoto, neither has shown the high end ability yet for us to bet the farm on them being the answer.

If Ottawa is willing to take Sekera, that's a big chunk of cap that opens up, and you can probably dump Strome to Arizona, that's another chunk opened up.
Pay someone yes, but I don't think 8mil is in our range. At some point I do see us bringing in a 4-5mil guy.

I'm a little curious to see Reider with LD for an extended time. Reider is skating this year and seems to make smart decisions. If he can be a fit on the left side it'll make that right side less important.

Need to find those pairs IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad