Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Painted Yourself into a Corner Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Don’t want to waste a thread on this but...
I think you guys need to trade to make a top line like Boston. I understand this will probably be shit on and you guys won’t want to loose prospects and picks but come on imagine a line like Boston with McDavid in it. Stone from Ott since he is probably gone and another. Yeah it’s going to be costly but McDavid is a God and you guys would definitely outscore problems

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
Don’t want to waste a thread on this but...
I think you guys need to trade to make a top line like Boston. I understand this will probably be **** on and you guys won’t want to loose prospects and picks but come on imagine a line like Boston with McDavid in it. Stone from Ott since he is probably gone and another. Yeah it’s going to be costly but McDavid is a God and you guys would definitely outscore problems

What would Stone cost? Draft picks/prospects? Ottawa would have to take back Lucic or Sekera in any deal.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The one thing I'm curious about is if you are a UFA in Ottawa right now, do you not have a good chance to get overpaid?

It seems like that team is bonding a bit like Vegas, so while maybe they won't be great the locker room might be fine.

Why not try get the jackpot from Ottawa with a NMC and then if it's not good in a year, demand out? I know Melnyk is cheap, but at some point he also has to pay someone.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
What would Stone cost? Draft picks/prospects? Ottawa would have to take back Lucic or Sekera in any deal.

I don’t know the Oilers prospects well enough to not make a fool of myself in a purposel haha. My gfs fav team is Devils so I watch them a lot. If they wanted him I’d ask for a 1st, Wood and Bratt (signed Stone) Whatever is equivalent to that in Edm although taking back Lucic or Sekera would complicate stuff with Melnyk being the owner

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don’t know the Oilers prospects well enough to not make a fool of myself in a purposel haha. My gfs fav team is Devils so I watch them a lot. If they wanted him I’d ask for a 1st, Wood and Bratt (signed Stone) Whatever is equivalent to that in Edm although taking back Lucic or Sekera would complicate stuff with Melnyk being the owner
They can want that all day, it doesn't mean it's what they get, plus Karlsson sets a better guild line for how the Sens will do in a Stone trade. Getting a 1st and a young roster player will be a win.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Maroon for a 4th, Gernat? Kassian for Scrivens? Davidson for a 3rd? Talbot for a 2nd, 3rd and 7th? Yes they are small but they still won them.

Disagree on Davidson. Kassian is an afterthought.

Maroon, I'll give him that one....so one...one...ever. Let's mull that over.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wonder what's the cost to acquire Nylander. Would give us 2 scoring lines.

RNH-McDavid-Yamamoto
Rieder-Drai-Nylander

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
The Oilers gotta find a way to get Dzingel and Stone

Weren't you the guy giving me crap for wanting to trade for Dzingel, and saying he wasn't worth much? Might not have been you, but pretty frustrating being on these boards sometimes.

I notice all the Tatar chirpers have disappeared as well.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Weren't you the guy giving me crap for wanting to trade for Dzingel, and saying he wasn't worth much? Might not have been you, but pretty frustrating being on these boards sometimes.

When the hell was the last time someone chirped tatar anyway? Not like it was daily occurrence

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd be willing to go in for Mark Stone from Ottawa, but I'd need an assurance that he's willing to sign an extension if we're giving up a Puljujarvi and they would have to take some salary back.

You have to shed probably Sekera + Strome + Kassian. Which at this point is no huge loss.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

I haven't frequent HF for awhile. Been busy with the gf

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'd be willing to go in for Mark Stone from Ottawa, but I'd need an assurance that he's willing to sign an extension if we're giving up a Puljujarvi and they would have to take some salary back.

You have to shed probably Sekera + Strome + Kassian. Which at this point is no huge loss.

RNH-McDavid and Drai-Stone will help outscore our problems.

I'd definitely be willing to part ways with Pulju and next year 1st if it also means moving Sekera

Reactions: 780il

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Puljujarvi + Sekera + EDM 2nd for Mark Stone

Strome to Arizona for pick (in summer)

I think clears out enough salary to extend Stone.

RNH McDavid Rattie
Reider Draisaitl Stone
Lucic Khaira Yamamoto
Chiasson Brodziak Kassian
Marody

Not bad. Finally a shooter on the PP.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Disagree on Davidson. Kassian is an afterthought.

Maroon, I'll give him that one....so one...one...ever. Let's mull that over.

Disagree? Davidson for a 3rd is a steal compared to other GMs trading their Number 7's for 5th-6th Round Picks that year. We got a great deal.

Kassian at the time was a steal. Scrivens who had NOTHING left for Kassian who had 1 good year here. I'd say that was a steal.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Disagree? Davidson for a 3rd is a steal compared to other GMs trading their Number 7's for 5th-6th Round Picks that year. We got a great deal.

Kassian at the time was a steal. Scrivens who had NOTHING left for Kassian who had 1 good year here. I'd say that was a steal.
the Maroon for Cooper Marody deal is looking better and better

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We need a big trade to push the franchise ahead. The Zack Kassians of the world doesn't cut it, and it doesn't look like Talbot is the answer here either. He wasn't brought here to have 1 good year, he was brought here to be the fix on goaltending long term.

The last trade that he made that really made a big impact on the team (relative to what was given away) in terms of making any appreciable impact on wins/losses was Maroon and that's 2 1/2 years ago.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
sure, but if they were trading him anyways, they got something tangible for him
Yeah but they didn’t have to trade him...
Marody wasn’t even part of that deal was he? We used the 3rd we got for maroon in the deal did we not? We could have used a different piece and picked up marody and had both.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Could use Maroon as a 2ndLW for sure.

We need a 2LW and a 2RHD. Still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad