Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Chia is probably eyeing Mantha. He's on a bridge contract and could use a change of scenery

If Mantha shot right he could help but I'd rather add some speed with Athanasiou. What about Mike Greed as a target. Only a year left but he'd buy Bouchard/Persson/Bear another year to develop. He seems to be injured a bit too much but he's still putting up points at a decent clip.

Green and Athanasiou make about 8.35 combined. Spooner, Reider, Benning, and Pulju is close to equal money.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I don't know a ton about him, but wasn't this place pretty high on him last year, and he's on pace for an even better season this year?

A mid first round pick for a 24 year old on pace for 30+ goals seems like an okay trade. Young enough to grow with the core and seemingly still getting better.

Or is there a big flaw I'm missing?

I'm a fan of the player. Big and an absolute burner. I think he'd be a perennial 30g guy on McDavid's line. You could do much worse than acquiring him for that 1st rounder.

Reactions: LaGu

space321

May 11, 2011
I don't know a ton about him, but wasn't this place pretty high on him last year, and he's on pace for an even better season this year?

A mid first round pick for a 24 year old on pace for 30+ goals seems like an okay trade. Young enough to grow with the core and seemingly still getting better.

Or is there a big flaw I'm missing?

I dunno tbh, he just screams to me to be a typical player who's producing because he's given the opportunity on a bad team. Reminds me of a better version of guys like Brule, Potulny, etc.

He's a guy that I view as a luxury 3rd line scoring option on a cup contending team. If he's our full time top line winger then I worry.

I could be completely wrong though.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Mantha shot right he could help but I'd rather add some speed with Athanasiou. What about Mike Greed as a target. Only a year left but he'd buy Bouchard/Persson/Bear another year to develop. He seems to be injured a bit too much but he's still putting up points at a decent clip.

Green and Athanasiou make about 8.35 combined. Spooner, Reider, Benning, and Pulju is close to equal money.
Mantha is pretty fast as well. Big and in the mold of what Chia is looking for. Was a prolific goal scorer in junior.

Athanasious I have time for but not at the cost of a 1st.

Reactions: 780il

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Scouts should be trying to find guys that are smart enough to get to the right spots, but just aren't producing because their teammates can't get them the puck. Find some guys that aren't getting many points that teams would give up for less.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
The Hurricanes trade a career 0.48 ppg player and get back a top 6 player who is actually good defensively

Chiarelli trades a 0.44 PPG player (Strome) and gets back a press box warmer

Oilers need forward help on the wings, where the f is Chiarelli on getting Niedereiter

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The Hurricanes trade a career 0.48 ppg player and get back a top 6 player who is actually good defensively

Oilers need forward help on the wings, where the f is Chiarelli on getting Niedereiter
It's probably for the best that Chiarelli isn't involved in anymore trades.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Difference is Nino and Rask both put up points this season and Strome was a black hole until the trade.

I would have preferred seeing Strome play for Hitch before we traded him.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I don’t think it’s Athanasiou. Really think Chia is looking at Ceci.

1st, Spooner, Kassian, Benning for Pageau, Ceci

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
It's probably for the best that Chiarelli isn't involved in anymore trades.

Id love if Katz froze all of Chiarellis trade prviledges. But every week we employee this moron, is another week we watch as other teams pick up good pieces

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

How do you know he wasn't?

In any case, we would have to trade over $5M in salary going the other way on at least 3 years. Who do you propose he trade, RNH? Minnesota isn't taking Lucic on plus we are a conference rival in a dogfight for the final 2 wildcard spots.

Got to be realistic, we have precious little to trade, and with no salary cap we are handcuffed for the rest of the year.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

A $5.25M 40 point player would be just as bad as any other bad contract already on this team.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Difference is Nino and Rask both put up points this season and Strome was a black hole until the trade.

That Strome trade was stupid, the Cagguila trade even stupider. Waiting to see what stupidest is for this year.

space321

May 11, 2011

Rask has 1g 5a in 26 games this season, that's not really putting up points. Nino's overpaid at 5M+ but at least he was still on a 40+ point pace.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Talbot, Puljujarvi and the lottery protected 1st for Hamilton plz

Hamilton would solve a lot of our issues right now.

1. Push Larsson to 2nd pairing minutes where he should excel or at least split those minutes with Hamilton
2. Allow Benning to be moved.
3. Allow Bouchard time in Bakersfield next year.
4. Let Petrovic walk
5. Shoot Manning into the sun
6. Move Russell for cap releaf and open a spot for Jones.

IF (big IF), Sekera can regain some form for next year you could have

Nurse-Hamilton
Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Jones
Gravel

North

Jun 25, 2009
Rask has 1g 5a in 26 games this season, that's not really putting up points. Nino's overpaid at 5M+ but at least he was still on a 40+ point pace.

Stand corrected on Rask but I could the Wild valuing Rask more than Strome.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
How do you know he wasn't?

In any case, we would have to trade over $5M in salary going the other way on at least 3 years. Who do you propose he trade, RNH? Minnesota isn't taking Lucic on plus we are a conference rival in a dogfight for the final 2 wildcard spots.

Got to be realistic, we have precious little to trade, and with no salary cap we are handcuffed for the rest of the year.

Well, we didnt get him, so I guess it doesnt matter if Chiarelli was involved or not. Ill judge based on the outcome, which is that we didnt get him. Chiarelli was also the one who put us in cap jail

A $5.25M 40 point player would be just as bad as any other bad contract already on this team.

Uh no its not lol. Nino is actually a positive contributor in both ends of the ice, posting some very solid possession metrics, and 40-45 points is nothing to sneeze at. RNH is a 6M player and posts only slightly better numbers for 6M. Give me those contracts all day. They arent cheap, but its not like Lucic getting paid 6M or Russell getting 4 m. We also have around 6 M of completely wasted cap on non NHLers

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

Rask has 6 points in 26 games this year he hasn't done jack shit and had 4 more points than Strome before he got traded.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Stand corrected on Rask but I could the Wild valuing Rask more than Strome.

No doubt Rask is worth more than Strome (although, we gave up alot to get Strome). But they arent worlds apart in value. You add a 2nd and thats the same value package. We got friggin Spooner lol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Well, we didnt get him, so I guess it doesnt matter if Chiarelli was involved or not. Ill judge based on the outcome, which is that we didnt get him. Chiarelli was also the one who put us in cap jail

Uh no its not lol. Nino is actually a positive contributor in both ends of the ice, posting some very solid possession metrics, and 40-45 points is nothing to sneeze at. RNH is a 6M player and posts only slightly better numbers for 6M. Give me those contracts all day. They arent cheap, but its not like Lucic getting paid 6M or Russell getting 4 m. We also have around 6 M of completely wasted cap on non NHLers

Russell has been worth every penny of his 4M deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad