Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: No News is Good News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
I think I was more happy having Russell and Strome than him at 6mil. Especially this year now that Ebs is kind of useless
Issue being Chia never used the cap space so it was never one or the other. Could have had Russel and Eberle last season.

This was the year where it became an issue.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I don't see a problem with giving them the choice between 2019 and 2020. Barringa . total meltdown by the Oiler s(which is a possibility), this year's pick should be in the 12-15 range and I don't see next year's being worse (touch wood).

It’s the Oilers. You know it’d end up being the first overall pick next year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
That's true, but it's a pretty risky move for us to make. We can't exactly afford to be taking on a contract with term for a guy who could very well end up being a 40 point player going forward.

Probably would’ve had to trade Spooner.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Hamilton, Ferlund, and McElhinney for Talbot, Spooner, Puljujarvi, Bear, 2019 1st top 3 protected. Money is very close to even.

Zuccarello at 50% for Benning, 2019 3rd, and one of Safin/Maksimov

Ferlund McDavid Drai
Lucic RNH Zucc
Khaira Cave Chiasson
Reider Brodz Kass

Nurse Hamilton
Klef Lars
Russell Petrovic

Koskinen
McElhinney

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Because why not: Bob was asked who he envisions the Oilers would consider for the 1st round pick.

He said he wouldn't name names, but did say that he would look at a young guy on a bridge deal (right now) who has had some contentious negotiations with his team, the team being average to below average.

The first player who comes to mind is Athanasiou.

space321

May 11, 2011
Wild fans already trying to justify the trade by mentioning "cap savings" or "change of scenery" lol
oh also saw a "locker room issue" thrown in there

reminds me of the Hall and Eberle trades, I feel Minny got fleeced pretty badly

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Because why not: Bob was asked who he envisions the Oilers would consider for the 1st round pick.

He said he wouldn't name names, but did say that he would look at a young guy on a bridge deal (right now) who has had some contentious negotiations with his team, the team being average to below average.

Sam Reinhart?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

That's exactly who I thought of before reading the last sentence.

space321

May 11, 2011

Anthanasiou woud be a brutal return for our 1st round pick unless Lucic and Spooner are going with it.

Reactions: 780il and frag2

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Sorry I should have elaborated. Minor trades happens all the time. My complaint was the timing of these minor trades. The Spooner, Manning, Petrovic trades does nothing for us but add more contracts and at a loss of assets. Too many of the same caliber players that doesn't move the needle. If there's no trade to be made, then don't make a trade. Stay on course

I don’t disagree with that. There’s always the hope of finding that guy who just clicks with your team. It’s what makes someone give up Niederreiter for Rask.

And while small trades can be beneficial, too many without a change in the team’s success can grate on the fans.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Was really hoping for some kind of a trade between Lucic and V. Rask. Brutal trade for Minnesota though, I dont understand that one for them. Nino does make quite a bit of money though.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Someone should ask him if he likes when his wife plays these mind f***ing games with him

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

I think it’s Nylander.

Edit: I just read the part about average or below average team so that leaves out Nylander.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I can't think of anyone else who even fits that bill.

Nick Ritchie? Still not as likely being in our division, but Anaheim has been an average to below average team this year I guess. I think I'd rather trade Puljujarvi than our 1st for Athanasiou though.

Wewillrise

Jul 25, 2015

Richie could be another, not that he would help anything.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

The guy I think of is Ondrej Kase out of Anaheim. Although he’s had some concussion issues. Also wouldn’t mind Reinhardt although I think the Sabres are happy with him. Knowing Chia he’ll likely move it for Ceci.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Anthanasiou woud be a brutal return for our 1st round pick unless Lucic and Spooner are going with it.

I don't know a ton about him, but wasn't this place pretty high on him last year, and he's on pace for an even better season this year?

A mid first round pick for a 24 year old on pace for 30+ goals seems like an okay trade. Young enough to grow with the core and seemingly still getting better.

Or is there a big flaw I'm missing?

Reactions: LaGu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad